Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: sleeping "sickness"
xxxxx
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-1-2009 at 04:08
sleeping "sickness"

i was in the mountains and it started to be winter so i went to the lowlands where it was warmer. at about 3000 feet i caught yellow fever which is characterized by subcutaneous pus and sores that do not heal which the pus leaks out of, but i kept going. later on i scraped my leg on a piece of metal and because of the subcutaneous pus what would have been just a scratch ripped about a mcdonalds hamburger's worth of meat off my leg, but this didn't slow me down...until the next morning when this injury somehow caused the infection to multiply and i was lights out unconcious the entire day rising only three times to urinate in 24 hours. the next day i was able to sit on my bed and do some sewing and the next day it was business as usual. when i got to the big city i got a shot for yellow fever and i was ok.
anyway the one thing about this experience that impressed me most was the quality of the sleep that i had that one day, since i usually have difficulty sleeping. i was wondering if there might be some chemical which caused this and if it could be separated from the otherwise unpleasant effects of yellow fever.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 19-1-2009 at 05:49

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxxx

anyway the one thing about this experience that impressed me most was the quality of the sleep that i had that one day, since i usually have difficulty sleeping. i was wondering if there might be some chemical which caused this and if it could be separated from the otherwise unpleasant effects of yellow fever.

Your quality of sleep that day might have more to do with your weakened state than any agency of disease-generated hypnotic.
But being myself, a sometime-insomniac, I know how you feel. . .
Some varieties of marijuana can produce sound, restful sleep, but marijuana is *still* frowned on, for whatever,or no, reason.

Go To Top