Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Free Glassware (with a caveat)
JustMe
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-5-2009 at 12:51
Free Glassware (with a caveat)

The caveat is that I only ask payment for shipping and handling - that is packaging material, time to package and the actual shipping (also, because of their draconian laws, I won't send to Texas, sorry).

Why? Back in the late 1960s/early 1970s my hobby was chemistry... back when you could buy virtually anything. But, having limited resources (and the arrogance of youth), I acquired my glassware by any number of means. Since I am now a believer in you reap what you sow, and because I am cleaning out and simplifying my life I have an ethical quandary regarding the disposal of this glassware.

Of course I can break it all and throw it into a glass recycling bin (because donation in today's world would be ludicrously dangerous), but I would rather it be used for the purposes it was created. But I feel morally obligated to not profit from it. Therefore I give it away freely, except for the aforementioned "costs." I do not know how much these costs will be until I actually take the time to package the durn stuff up, but it shouldn't be very much (I would expect under $50 in the US).

So what is there? Eh, I've just glanced over it and can list it more qualitatively than quantitatively (meaning at least one or more of various items when I say multiple).

Condenser(s) (multiple of different designs)
Pipette(s) (10 mL)
Graduated cylinder, 10 mL (1)
Various flasks, 250 mL, 500 mL, 1000 mL (various kinds, including at least 1 ground glass 500 mL and stopper)
Various beakers 300 mL, 600 mL
Lab thermometer (measures to 260° C)
Other goodies that I don't know what they are called.

Just U2U message me and tell me why you want it, and I'll decide who gets it. I don't want to keep it around any more.
JustMe
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-5-2009 at 12:45
We have a weiner

Uh, make that winner - who has convinced me that this stuff will be put to good use, if by, at the very least, identifying the mystery (to me) condenser: a Friedrich condenser.

I'll get around to packaging it within a week or two.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 28-11-2009 at 20:33
Condensers

What style of condensers ? I'm always out on the hunt for my collection.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-11-2009 at 04:32

Pictures?
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-11-2009 at 08:22

A little late there :)

Go To Top