Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Where does electromagnetic radiation come form?
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

Mood: ■■■■■■■■■■ INRI ■■■■■■■■■■ ** Igne Natura Renovatur Integra **

[*] posted on 22-11-2021 at 17:15

Quote: Originally posted by B(a)P  

Thanks, that is also the understanding I had :-). I posed the question in response to the claim from @pneumatician that the centre of the earth is not hot.

if earth center is 1000's of grades hot and the magnetism in iron is lost when reaches 600 +/- ºC, from where come from the earth magnetism??

oh, no!!! from big hematite or other magnetic magnetic rocks deposit??? :-D
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-11-2021 at 21:10

https://physics.aps.org/story/v19/st3

pneumatician, have you ever considered that your theories are just too radical and visionary for plodders like us?

There must be better places for discussing these things, and better people to discuss them with.

How do you think Einstein felt as a young man trying to discuss his theories with ordinary physicists?
Many of them probably reacted with extreme skepticism, even derision.

Maybe you should try to find people more willing and able to accept your theories.
People more ready to accept that the mainstream of science is not the be all and end all.

You could have profitable discussions with people like that.
They could learn from you, and you could learn from them.

There seem to be few people like that around here, but they must be out there.

Find them, and they may be able to help your theories come to fruition.

pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-11-2021 at 17:45

of course, the problem is: not my own theories, only reality, if people here do not want to search truth ignore my messages. I don't want to talk with any person in particular, I are only searching for what reason if iron lost magnetism at 600 ºC */- and the earth core, according to official science, say is at thousands of degrees from where come from the earth magnetism??? Do not lost your time with paternalism, I read others boards, web pages, podcast... and nobody has an answer, do you have it? for your peace of mind, places like this normally are last place where I ask.

Also for your information I have some more questions but, I think, maybe can cause brain malfuntions in many guys so I are prudent and I don't ask them :-)

I'm not asking for malice or trolling people, it's just to find out if anyone here has a new theory, call me romantic.

It's a question that makes you look at it if every time that someone asks anything out of your mental corpus makes you nervous.
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-11-2021 at 18:15

Somewhere in the internet you will find videos of a research group that has been spinning a large ball of liquid sodium or NaK or mercury - I forget
anyway the result is that magnetic fields are generated by hot spinning non-ferromagnetic, but electrically conductive fluids.

The ball does exist within the Earth's magnetic field so that may be involved,
just as the Earth spinning in the magnetic field of the Sun
and possibly the Sun in the field(s) of the galaxy ... universe ...
or it may be irrelevant.
Whatever the physics is, it demonstrably works.

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 24-11-2021 at 01:46

Son, you're not nearly as clever as you think you are. Did you even check with Wikipedia? It's all there.

Short story: Yes, iron looses it's permanent magnetic properties above the Curie-temperature (770C for pure iron). However, the earths magnetic field is generated by induction. And this still works above the Curie-temperature.

We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together.
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-11-2021 at 03:44

The mechanism generating the magnetic field has been described as a self excited dynamo. Like the dynamos in old cars, the field coils where driven by the output. Similar to alternators in most present day cars.

Below is diagram of a Bullard's disk dynamo from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/226464525_The_Riga_...

selfexciteddynamo.JPG - 46kB

What I have wondered is how could this be arranged in a container of liquid metal with a rotating impeller and stationary baffles.

PS: I have now read part of the paper above. Below is an interesting part of it.

"Leaving aside the specific technical realization, the general question of magnetic field self-excitation is how is it possible for the electric current (Equation (1))
which is generated by the magnetic field also to produce the very same magnetic
field. The simplest illustration of such a bootstrap effect is given by the homopolar
disk dynamo (Figure 1), basically consisting of a rotating metal disk which is
slidingly connected to a wire wound around the rotation axis of the disk (Bullard, 1955). This simple device can work as a self-excited dynamo if the angular
velocity ω of the disk exceeds a certain critical value ωc = 2πR/L, with R and
L denoting the Ohmic resistance of the circuit and the mutual inductance between
the circuit and the rim of the disk, respectively. Although this device looks very
simple, one should note the presence of insulating spacings between the conducting
parts forcing the current in the desired direction. In contrast to multiply connected
and asymmetric technical dynamos of this sort, cosmic dynamos work in singly
connected domains with uniform conductivity.
It was after the strong magnetic field in sunspots had been detected by Hale
in 1908 that Larmor (1919) suggested self-excitation as the source of magnetic
fields of large astronomical bodies, such as the Sun. Later, the dynamo process was
adopted as an explanation of the geomagnetic field, too. Early contributions to dynamo theory based on the equations of magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) were made
by Elsasser (1946) and Bullard (1949). Since then, much analytical and numerical
progress has been made in the understanding of homogeneous dynamo"

[Edited on 11/25/2021 by wg48temp9]

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-11-2021 at 08:00

wg48temp9 putting this in a lower scale is possible to build a free energy motor???
Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 25-11-2021 at 08:20

No. The laws of thermodynamics still apply. You simply cannot pull energy out of nothing.

We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together.
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-11-2021 at 10:47

Yes Fulman is correct.

The detail is: dynamos convert rotational energy into electrical energy. So the energy to drive the current through the one turn field coil of the Bullard's disk dynamo comes from the the energy required to rotate the disc. The magnetic field created by the current flowing in the disc interacts with the magnetic field of the one turn field coil to generate a torque. Thanks to Lenz's law that torque opposes the rotation of the disc. As always no free energy, no perpetual motion machines.

See wiki for the details of Lenz's law.

I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
oceandeep67
Harmless

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 13-12-2021 at 18:41

Quote: Originally posted by dolimitless  
Quote: Originally posted by Sedit  
Electromagnetic radiation is formed when an electron drops from a higher orbital level to a lower one with the frequency emited being determined by the level of the drop.

And what causes it to go from the lower energy level to the higher energy level in the first place? Is it not by heat, collisions (cause by an increase in heat?) or excitation by exisitng photons?

From just an average joe with an interest in chemistry I believe it has to do with the correct UV (?measurement?) contacting the atom=reach different excited states/energy levels. Too high/low would pass right through.? Keep in mind I have <year Tech. edu level. Just like to learn.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 18:08

Quote: Originally posted by B(a)P  

Curios about your theory on volcanoes? How they form, where does all that molten rock come from?

or no!!! but yes, internal SUN :-)

how was that?, the easiest explanation is the most plausible?

[Edited on 27-12-2021 by pneumatician]
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 18:17

Quote: Originally posted by DraconicAcid  

Such bravery in the face of the scientific establishment! Why don't you tackle the atomic theory of matter, and come up with a new alternative to that?

exist a lot of "alternative" theories around, but this burn many brains like the first guys brave enough the go and touch something unknown now called "fire".
DraconicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-victorious.

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 19:58

Your posts remind me of that old Star Trek episode where the alien woman is yelling, "Brain! Brain! Brain! What means brain!?!"

Are you honestly suggesting that there is a miniature sun inside the earth, and that this is the easiest explanation for anything?

Please remember: "Filtrate" is not a verb.
Write up your lab reports the way your instructor wants them, not the way your ex-instructor wants them.
Neal
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 20:01

Quote: Originally posted by Sedit  
Electromagnetic radiation is formed when an electron drops from a higher orbital level to a lower one with the frequency emited being determined by the level of the drop.

Damn I can't believe I forgot this sht.. But what's the equivalent for the other way around? Electron from lower orbital to higher?

And even though this is quoting a guy from 12 years ago, does anyone know if Sedit an expert at this? This can't be the only method?
DraconicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-victorious.

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 20:06

The other way around would be excitation, which can be done thermally as well as through absorption of photos.

That's how you get emission spectra, but you can also get electromagnetic radiation by blackbody radiation, and nuclear decay (although that generally gives off gammas and X-rays).

Please remember: "Filtrate" is not a verb.
Write up your lab reports the way your instructor wants them, not the way your ex-instructor wants them.
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 21:47

Quote: Originally posted by pneumatician  
expected parroting of the official bullshit in this forum. :-D

exist many other theories, nobody can prove the official shit so any other theorie have the equal value no matter from who come from if from a sacred cow or a illiterate as long as it sounds consistent, logical, and reasonable. if you do not want or can accept them is your problem.

Such bravery in the face of the scientific establishment! Why don't you tackle the atomic theory of matter, and come up with a new alternative to that?

I think that's a nice way of avoiding the use of the word bullshit unlike the OP.

Here are some interesting facts: There are several hot springs in Britain for example 45°C in Bath but its about 50 million years since there was any volcanic activity in Britain. Wow 50 million years have past and the presumably once molten rock that was near the surface of Bath can still heat spring water to 45°C.

Below is paper that describes the geology that creates the hot springs:
Attachment: bathusshersprings.pdf (1.3MB)
This file has been downloaded 282 times

Here is a diagram from the paper showing the source of the hot spring.

bathspringgeology.JPG - 100kB

[Edited on 12/27/2021 by wg48temp9]

Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 23:10

Quote: Originally posted by pneumatician  

exist a lot of "alternative" theories around, but this burn many brains like the first guys brave enough the go and touch something unknown now called "fire".

i can come up with an infinite amount of different theories about every natural phenomenon, that doesn't mean they are valid.

science by itself works on approximations, every theory we have isn't the real truth, but something that gets close to it more than other theories.

you are totally free to come up with different theories, but a theory to be valid has to give a better explanation than the current accepted theory, and it has to predict a behaviour that the current theory can't explain.

why do you think that we are looking for a relativistic quantum theory? because quantum mechanics works well at the quantum scale, while relativity works well at huge scales, when you have relativistic events with quantum scales like black holes, ahhh everything breaks, that's a clear sign we are missing something.

Quote:

or no!!! but yes, internal SUN :-) how was that?, the easiest explanation is the most plausible?

this just sounds like stuff you pulled from your ass, to get even a speck of credibility you have to expand your argument and give solid statements, otherwise i could do the same:
or no!!! but yes, FIRE ELEMENTALS :-) science hasn't disproven spirits so that clearly is the solution, they gather energy from the Immaterium Dimension and try to melt their way out of the earth core, that's why volcanoes erupt.

sounds the same to me

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top