Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Welcome-Section?
Ethan-2-ol
Harmless

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 22-6-2009 at 04:23
Welcome-Section?

Hello everyone,
because I didn't find a "Welcome-Section", I think I'll introduce myself here (some people also did it here). I'm mainly active on the german forum versuchschemie.de, but I guess most people in the world won't register in a german forum due to our language ;) . So I found this forum and I hope I'll be able to exchange knowledge with people in other countries.
My interests are mainly organic chemistry, e.g. synthesizing compounds, what I'm doing in a basement lab at home. I won't publish a whole list of glassware or chemicals here, all I can tell is that I have enough to synthesize some stuff. I do NOT produce any drugs or explosives, I want to live in freedom for some more years ;) .
I'm also interested in the legal situation of buying chemicals in other countries, not because I'm planning to do so, just to know what the situation of others is like.
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 22-6-2009 at 04:38

Welcome! We have quite a few members in common with thw german forum.

Anyway I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
Lanthanide
Harmless

Mood: Transitional

[*] posted on 8-7-2009 at 18:16

I'm having real troubles posting to this site, so this is my first post in a test-area.
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus
Thread Topped
9-7-2009 at 14:52
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 15:31

Welcome Ethan-2-ol.

Do you have a twin named Ethan-1-ol? If you do, then he must be an identical twin, since I don't think he can be an isomer of yours.

I will be even more concerned if there is a brother named Ethan-3-ol!

Better to remain silent and appear a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Ozone
International Hazard

Mood: Integrated

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 17:23

Ethan-2-ol, ROTFL:D.

Welcome

Cheers,

O3

-Anyone who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
--Albert Einstein
Anders Hoveland
Banned

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-7-2010 at 15:49

Quote: Originally posted by Ethan-2-ol  
So I found this forum and I hope I'll be able to exchange knowledge with people in other countries.
NOT produce any explosives, I want to live in freedom for some more years ;) .
I'm also interested in the legal situation of buying chemicals in other countries, not because I'm planning to do so, just to know what the situation of others is like.

A pitty. In Danmark, the folk have presumed rights and freedoms, however on the other hand the government has much control over peoples lives so the laws are often conflicting. Chemical availability is highly regulated, but in practice much is available. Outside of the more crowded areas, no one will bother you if small explosions are done out in the woods, as long as lots of fire is not involved.

Perhaps take the information in this forum and share it with the german forum ?
morrie
Harmless

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 16-11-2010 at 05:24
Hello to the forum

I could not find any welcome sticky anywhere, so I am using this thread to say hello. I have had a lot of fun reading through some of the experiences of people building furnaces and so forth. This has promise of being a very interesting site, and I hope that I am able to make some worthwhile contributions.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Doktor Klawonn
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-11-2010 at 05:47

I add myself to this list. I have been reading in this forum quite awhile, some may know me from the german forum www.versuchschemie.de. I am currently working as a science teacher in Germany.

If you are interested in some of our experiments from school, check out my youtube channel or my website (it's in german though).

Dr.K.
Tiberius_C
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-12-2010 at 02:06

Hello, all ... having lurked here for several weeks, I decided to announce myself :)

I haven't had chemistry as an active hobby since 1971, but have had an interest all the same since then. Since I live in a condo with a few chemophobic neighbors, it's (unfortunately) likely I won't be setting up a lab soon. All the same, this website is the best I've ever seen for keeping myself informed.

So far as posts go, for the above reason I won't likely be doing much. But I'll certainly keep reading & trying to soak up all the info my little brain can hold.

Kudos to all of you who have made this site possible!

<Name not used :D >
jtalmodovar26
Harmless

Mood: Dangerous

[*] posted on 1-1-2011 at 20:13

Hello, The Name is jtalmodovar26

I like to synthesize compounds.

I'm new to this and this forum (Well, I'm not new to chemistry but, I'm new to doing real chemistry)

I'm not exactly the smartest in chemistry So I'll definitely be absorbing a lot of information soon . I apologize ahead of time if I call something incorrectly or ask stupid questions

My Lab consists of thing taken from my mom's pantry and snapple bottles....

Favorite experiments so far: Production of Magnetite and Ferrofluids ; Separation of Iodine from Lugol's Solution (Although I ended up getting rid of it thinking it was the waste layer in the experiment0

Uhh .... Hi
Schrödinger cat
Harmless

sad.gif posted on 6-1-2011 at 23:28

Hello!
I have same full-text journals, but can not post in "References". :( That can i do?
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 8-1-2011 at 02:44

You can request a password for references from a moderator using the U2U function!

Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-5-2011 at 15:23

Hello!

I am also new to this forum however not to the hobby (practiced it for quite a while 4-5 years ago, spent more money than I should have on every reagent/item I could get my hands on) I unfortunately stopped doing chemistry for a while however due to living quarters which was a small apartment at the time, and so packed up the stuff and semi forgot about it all.

NOW ... I have the space and the time to unpack my several large rubbermaid bins of reagents and equipment and set up a new lab as well as started ordering a few reagents (that "new reagent coming in the mail" excitement is back in full force :P im just thanking myself a million times over that I didnt sell everything like I had planned on doing when I packed it all up!

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello!

Looking forward to contributing and getting project ideas from other amateur chemists around the world!

This forum seems like an awesome place for information as well as experiment ideas and whatnot (as well as de-rust my chemistry knowledge), I look forward to future reads as well as being able to contribute!

[Edited on 17-5-2011 by Mailinmypocket]
Heuteufel
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 12:13

Hello Everyone,

Some of you may already know me from the German forum „Lambdasyn“ (http://www.lambdasyn.org/) where I am also registered under the name “Heuteufel”. I will also continue in the future to post most of my syntheses and experiments at “Lambdasyn”, but I thought it would also be interesting to become a member of “Sciencemadness”, which is really a great and very lively forum with a lot of interesting members.

It is difficult to say, why exactly I am so enthusiastic about chemistry (also there are many good arguments for being interested in chemistry), but I think that chemistry, especially being in the lab and performing a synthesis, has something magic, something really difficult to explain to somebody who hasn´t experienced it.:)

If I use some strange expressions this I due to the fact, that English is not my mother language. I think however that my English skills should be sufficient for a proper communication. Anyhow, posting here will improve them…

Enough of that futile talk, now I am going to discuss chemistry (the thread about the isolation of capsaicin has caught my attention):P.
Sheddist
Harmless

Mood: Heavily Polarized

[*] posted on 25-11-2011 at 15:52
Please Welcome Your New Member

Hello everyone,

I am Sheddist. I am a new member :D
I reside in the UK and love everything about science, but chemistry in particular.
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-1-2012 at 16:15

Heh! I guess this is the place for newcomers?

On the web I am known as Boris . Lately I have been pursuing petrochemistry ( assuming such is the correct term)and carbon dioxide conversion but I have many many fields I dabble in. I am hoping here I can both find help and like minded amateur chemists.
weiming1998
National Hazard

Mood: Amphoteric

[*] posted on 15-1-2012 at 05:13

Hello everyone.
I have been learning chemistry seriously for almost a year now, and I've noticed this forum for months. But I only registered yesterday. I like to think up of new, creative and efficient ways of making various chemicals other than the conventional methods. I decided to join because there is pretty much nobody around me (not even my parents) that understands me when I talk about chemistry.
edgeofacliff
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-6-2012 at 13:23

Hello to all, I was born in Germany and raised in the USA. Have been interested in science and chemistry all of my 58 years. Not very educated but have experienced life from many angles. Heres hoping I can contribute something worthwhile.
gooby
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-8-2012 at 02:52

Hey all.

I am a long time software tinkerer looking to get more involved in the physical end of "mad science" ... just bought my first Arduinio kit not too long ago and mean to start up as a chemist some years hence; learning the theory greedily.

It's gonna be some time before I'm authorized to post in "References" as I found out talking with the moderators but for the record I've got a blog with quite a few references, Bayt ul-Hikma (Arabic for "House of Wisdom"):

http://baytulhikma.blogspot.com/

If you have any special requests feel free to send me a PM.
Salmo
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-9-2012 at 06:09

Hello to all i'm studying chemistry at the university, i'm really happy because now I'm registered but it took some days, i think because of server problems, anyway now I can post and this is good. I will try to write intelligent things and I will try to speak my best english :)
Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 07:17

Hy Adrian:)
White Yeti
National Hazard

Mood: delocalized

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 09:16

Just out of curiosity, do you have (or used to have) a lab with a pipe organ? I'm asking because your user-name corresponds with an awesome youtube channel. I won't feel offended if you don't feel comfortable answering.

Welcome to the forum!

"Ja, Kalzium, das ist alles!" -Otto Loewi
Pyro
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 11:18

Hello and welcome

all above information is intellectual property of Pyro. :D
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Threads Merged
24-11-2012 at 08:00
BlueBala
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-12-2012 at 04:03

Hello, my name is Emilio. Recently, I've gained a special interest in Chemistry hence I joined this site. I am currently studying Biology in college and hopefully i can double major in Biology and Chemistry as we don't have a Biochemistry program. :) Hope to make new friends!
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 12:30

Removed post of Adrian8100, this was no real member, but a spambot.
This one was subtle and it took some time before it was recognized as spam!

[Edited on 7-12-12 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top