Author: Subject: Adios
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 21:02

Nothing to do with politics

Nothing to so with religion - I am 100% irreligious

Nothing to do with right and wrong.

EVERYTHING to do with what is good for amateur chemistry versus what is destroying amateur chemistry.

Drug cooks are destroying amateur and hobby chemistry.

If you cannot see that either you are deaf, dumb and blind, or, you have an agenda of your own.

Find yourself a pinball machine.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 21:10

I honestly do see that they are.
I also see that there other half has a larger hand in it also which everyone fails to see appearently. You can't stop drug makers because carbon is to versatile so the DEA's banning of all these things if futile and they know it.

But more importantly is right now whats destroying amature chemistry is whinning about drug cooks instead of discussing chemistry.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 21:26

This has nothing to so with stopping drug cooking, the nsture of carbon, or the DEA.\\It has nothing to do with anything BUT an initiative to have an amateur chemistry forum at least substantially free from kewls, idiots, and drug cooks.

Not this forum, sad to say. This forum is overrun by kewls, idiots and cooks and the admin and mods merely make a pretense of reversing that.

But a new forum where such as I proposed is the wish and will of the admin. A place safe for CHEMISTS not cooks.

And no matter what anyone says a chemist who cooks illicit drugs is a cook. He need not say SWIM, he need not ask for spoonfeeding, and he need not use doper acronyms, He is still a cook.

Sedit thinks I am destroying amateur chemistry somehow with this thread. I would like to point out that this thread is not monolithic. I would also like to point out that there are 19 other threads in the Todays Posts page at this time. And I would mention that this forum is not the entirety of amateur chemistry.

Logic clealrly is not your strong suit, sedit, Get that pinball machine and play some mean pinball, you deaf dumb and blind Pinball Wizard. Such a supple wrist!

[Edited on 10-7-2009 by Sauron]

Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 21:40

Quote:
This forum is overrun by kewls, idiots and cooks

Bullshit!

I will not waste anymore of my time discussing this with you as driving this entire threed forward was the opposite of my intent in the first place. You want a safe place without cooks so be it. Go, live long and prosper, and when you realise your efforts are futile then we can regain a legitimate discussion on the topic.

Good day.

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 21:53

You ain't no Vulcan. "Get cancer and die quickly", is closer to your meaning, I reckon.

Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 21:54

ok

watson.fawkes
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 22:06

Quote: Originally posted by Sauron  
My proposed bans on posts about illicit drugs, explosives and chemical weapons have been put forwatd to the admin od a new forum and he has accepted them. That forum will be active in a few weeks.
Allow me to summarize. Sauron picked a political fight with the management. He lost. The policies of Sciencemadness are not changing. At his disposal he had two tools: an opinion about the nature of public perception and a threat to leave. He has hardly argued the opinion, mostly resorting to name-calling. The value of his departure is at worst a mixed loss. I am hardly surprised at the result, given such a bad hand, played loudly. Now he claims a win because someone who knows about bit about software and hosting is willing to listen to him.

One defeat, one victory. I trust it's clear to all the relative magnitude of these.

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 22:37

Quote: Originally posted by watson.fawkes  
My proposed bans on posts about illicit drugs, explosives and chemical weapons have been put forwatd to the admin od a new forum and he has accepted them. That forum will be active in a few weeks.
Allow me to summarize. Sauron picked a political fight with the management. He lost. The policies of Sciencemadness are not changing. At his disposal he had two tools: an opinion about the nature of public perception and a threat to leave. He has hardly argued the opinion, mostly resorting to name-calling. The value of his departure is at worst a mixed loss. I am hardly surprised at the result, given such a bad hand, played loudly. Now he claims a win because someone who knows about bit about software and hosting is willing to listen to him.

One defeat, one victory. I trust it's clear to all the relative magnitude of these.

You pervert the facts.

I did not "pick a political fight" with management or anyone else. A moderator told me that he would delete any post in which I criticizeed DRUG FORUMS e.g. erowid, wetdreams, designer-drugs. I protested to Polveronee, he backed Nicodem.

I made no threat to leave. I SIMPLY LEFT.

I linger in this one thread to answer the lies of solo who called ME a cook among other lies. Until solo promulgated his lies I did not post at all.

I have posted nowhere else.

No more lies, no more distortions, and I will leave finally and forever. If lies and distortions resume, you all may witness a haunting.

The forum is lost to all but the cooks, kewls, and idiots. Some of you know it, some are in denial.

Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 01:18

You pervert the facts.

I did not "pick a political fight" with management or anyone else. A moderator told me that he would delete any post in which I criticizeed DRUG FORUMS e.g. erowid, wetdreams, designer-drugs. I protested to Polveronee, he backed Nicodem.

I can understand your need to resort to perverting facts and at the same time accusing others to do so. Every good politician should be able to use such basic tricks, but what you forgot is that I still have the warning I sent you in the U2U outbox. Here it is, just in case you managed to forgot it:
Quote:
To: Sauron
Folder: Outbox
Sent: 3/7/2009 at 08:03
Message: I just wanted to warn you that from now I will delete your posts where you try to incite flame wars via moralising about the Rhodium archive, Erowid, and the rest of internet content that you dislike. It is your personal/political issue, so stop forcing it to others. Whatever conflict you and Solo or whoever else had, it is up to you two to resolve it. Others don't care about it, but most here care about the posting quality and general communication level.

And don't try to moralise about how I dare to post private messages, because it was you who first manipulated with this data!

Just in case anybody missed the context. The warning was issued after Sauron's double use of his primitive tricks of starting a flame war based on his personal political views in regard to external internet sources and humiliating others on this base. The first flame war was cleaned up by The_Davster and after he started it again in another thread just the next day, it was obvious something needs to be done. Also, all this is pretending of being repressed is all a big drama as he knows from since he registered that the moderators clean up flame wars by deleting the pertaining posts. Pretending surprise at it after having experienced it for more than two years is pathetic.

[Edited on 10/7/2009 by Nicodem]

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 02:08

Dear Petty Tyrant Nicodem

You lie to the forum, your abnormally large nose will grow longer still.

Here is the post in question

"J Biol Chem is free online all the way bacl to the start. There's no need to go slumming with the ccrack ho's of erowid,

HBr (g) is soluble in GAA to 6N or more. Often used as a peptide reagent.

I obtained the Carter paper from JVC site, indeed as steve surmised it is very clearly HBr (g) 150 g dissolved in 200 g GAA (starting weight) for a total mass 350 g.

FW HBr 81 so 150 g is 1,8 mols so solution is approx 9 M whoch is reasonable.

Readin the instruction as 150 g HBr in 50 g GAA for total 200 g leads to an absurd molarity of 36.

NOT HBr aq 48% w;/w in GAA.

Fisher sells 33% w/w HBr in GAA at a reasonable price.

But this stoff is a lot stronger. "

The post was written to inform my friend chemrox of an open access journa; and an experimental error.

You LIE when you say it was "polirical"

You LIE when you sat it was intended to incite a flame war. It was intended to incite NOTHING save perhaps a laugh. The entire part of the post you object to is SIX words LONG.

NO ONE has the right ot avility to guage my INTENT, you are not a telepeth.

FYI Polverone said he would have not touched this post.

Those six words insulted no member of SM, it was a joculae slur against another website. Erowid.

The so called flame war was TWO POSTS, one from solo and a retort from me. There followed a few posts from the usual kibbitzers. All wiped now by The Dayster. You call that a flame war? Bullshit.

Your lies are your retrograde attempt to justify your petty tyranny and micro-moderation.

You remain a hypocrite. And everyone sees that,

Six words, Nicodem. Six words that will cost you dearly.

Sic semper tyranis!

Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 02:58

In order to not insult you and to do you some honour on your departure, I will rather resort to cite your own favourite phrase:

Take your meds, Sauron.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 03:01

Your Big Lie, Nicoderm (I have decided you make more sense as a aid in quitting cigarettes) is that my views on drugs are "political" when they are not. Nor religious, nor moralistic.

They ate not.

Ypur HYPOCRISY is that you have your own strong opinions on the same subject and so does polverone for that matter, but neither of you divorce your own views from how you run this forum. Now tell us all that YOUR vires are not political.

You invoke the word political solely so you can invoke the draconian (but still unevenly enforced) political vab, that is a LIE.

And you do so while encoding your own opposing views into your actions as a moderator. If I am "political" SO ARE YOU and you know it. In fact neither are political, but then your argument for censorship collapses.

Lacking INTENT to flame, I can hardly be held responsible for the irrational actions of your felloe Hive Bee SOLO, he flamed ME and far from the first time.

Did you warn solo? Of course not you bees stick together.

Hypocrite. Liar. Unfit to be a moderator. Now exposed for what you are.

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 03:23

I do take my meds, Nicoderm, not the sort you mean though.

A gram of glucophage for diabetes (guanylguanidine)
Three different pills for hypertension
One for lipid reduction
and a baby aspirin for cardiotonic

Golden years - bah!

The Fountain of Discordia
Harmless

Mood: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 03:35

I made no threat to leave. I SIMPLY LEFT.

And... uh... you're posting via cascades in the quantum probability fields generating pulses of electrons that seem to be you logging in, and seem to you be postring but aren't... ... ???

Look, it's not my place to say this, but it needs to be said: if you've left, then STFU and GTFO, because that is what LEAVING means!!!

Otherwise, drop the damn pretense and stop trolling.

Also, your spelling has slowly gotten worse and worse

[Edited on 10-7-2009 by The Fountain of Discordia]

Chemistry is art by other means.
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 03:53

Hahaha I love n00bs that think they're all that, using acronyms and shit. If you cared to read then you'd know sauron is losing his eyesight, and not his ability to spell. Sauron is just defending himself agains the lies that have been brought against him, anyone with half a brain could tell that. If you dont like him sticking around in this thread then dont read it. Its not like you will miss anything imortant here (the instructions for drug synthesis are found elsewhere on the site - we even have an "easy" way to ketamine!)

[Edited on 10-7-2009 by DJF90]
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:01

DJF90, I think the following link might be relevant to your point (and much of this thread):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

[Edited on 10-7-2009 by entropy51]

[Edited on 10-7-2009 by entropy51]

Better to remain silent and appear a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:22

Quote: Originally posted by DJF90  
Hahaha I love n00bs that think they're all that, using acronyms and shit. If you cared to read then you'd know sauron is losing his eyesight, and not his ability to spell. Sauron is just defending himself agains the lies that have been brought against him, anyone with half a brain could tell that. If you dont like him sticking around in this thread then dont read it. Its not like you will miss anything imortant here (the instructions for drug synthesis are found elsewhere on the site - we even have an "easy" way to ketamine!)

I used the acronyms because of an illogical attitude I hold that the acronyms are less obscene then their fully spelt out equivalents, ok? Also, I'd appreciate it if you spelled newbie with o's, or better yet as "newb" or even better still as "newbie". Elite speak is a debasement of the already screwy language that we all use here.

DJF90
International Hazard

wink.gif posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:22

Maybe I am an arrogant prick. But I feel that post summarises a point. If I remember correctly Mr "fountain of discordia" was "swim"ing not too long ago...
EDIT: How did you know I put the 0's in on purpose? Last time I checked o and 0 are right next to eachother on the keyboard ;)

Harmless

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:29

Yes, I was indeed. However, if you properly read that thread, you would note that in that case SWIM was not being used as a riciulous cover, but in the correct and proper context of the acronym, my friend, who is indeed Someone Who Isn't Me.

DJF90, you have attacked other new and inexperienced people like phZero, and now I appear to be in the cosseyes as well. While I appreciate your holy war against the inexperienced(Hell, I even understand it.), it's ridiculously off topic here. Feel free to harass me elsewhere though.

Edit: Who says you did? It only takes a moment to go though your post for any glaring mistakes though. Or you might just be used to spelling newbie as n00b. Never meant to imply it was intentional.

DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:35

Inexperienced people I can handle - we all have to start somewhere. Its idiots that I don't like. phZero is one such example. See the "tour my lab" thread if you dont beleive me. It has nothing to do with lack of knowledge of chemistry - although elementary stuff should be read in a book. It's about practising our hobby safely and responsibly so as to not cause any more hassle for us amateur chemists.

I lost my temper with you earlier FoD, I apologise.

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:52

Fountain of Offal

I'll have to stay a little longer just to piss you off.

PS

KMRIA

Fartingnoise

Same to you.

Entropy and DJK

Don't waste energy on these pygmies. I've seen brighter creatures running round barnyards with their heads cut off.

DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:55

Oh sauron do you have to go? I sure will miss you're sense of humour :P
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 05:05

DJF

You will not have long to wait before you can appreciate my bon mots elsewhere.

Perceptibe afficianados of British comedy will recognize the closing remark of my last post as being from the remodelling episode of FAWLTY TOWERS, spoken by Basil Fawlty in re O'Reilly the Irish contractor.

If anyone needs an explanation of KMRIA feel free to ask. It is less obscene than STFU or GTFO.

DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 05:09

I'm sure those who are not familiar are capable of using google - I had to to refresh my memory.

Sauron: Before you depart I posted a procedure for anthranilic acid in the appropriate thread. Hopefully it will be more successful than the other attempts.
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 05:18

Quote: Originally posted by DJF90  
Inexperienced people I can handle - we all have to start somewhere. Its idiots that I don't like. phZero is one such example. See the "tour my lab" thread if you dont beleive me. It has nothing to do with lack of knowledge of chemistry - although elementary stuff should be read in a book. It's about practising our hobby safely and responsibly so as to not cause any more hassle for us amateur chemists.

Look, the irresponsibility of pHzero surely is beyond limits, but taking up an elitist attitude of the style "I'm so much better than you" makes no good to anybody, least to him. I really don't see what you were trying to do when you insulted him in the first place, nor do I see what is the point of exposing him once more to this same treatment. He is young and he loves to do experiments. Almost by rule the consequence of these two factors yields irresponsibility. If you feel so much mature, then simply explain him what is wrong instead of using ad hominem attacks like calling him idiot. Maybe you should read the biography excerpt from Kary Mullis posted by Ender a page behind. I guess you would call him an idiot as well, yet he got a nobel prize.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9

Go To Top