[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 07:01

Quote: Originally posted by anotheronebitesthedust  
"less uneducated"

The irony! Hehe!:D
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 07:40

He certainly seems to have proven a point other than the one intended. . .
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 20:20

Quote:

Im sure these people broke some sort of international laws thru intentional mislabling of packages

Many packages get mislabelled in order to expedite shipping and to save a lot of hassles from customs. I'm sure that the penalties for mislabelling packages are minor.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 20:50

Your more then likely thinking wrong.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-11-2009 at 07:13

Quote: Originally posted by Sedit  
They mislabled chemicals ordered by the DEA on request which Im pretty sure that breaks some sort of international shipping laws at the very lest.
There are no allegations of mislabeling in the indictment. The Howes claim that they did not mislabel their packages. Please support your claim that they engaged in this behavior.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 21-11-2009 at 07:19

The link that Gorden brown posted with the call from the DEA agent to the reporter if indeed real suggested that the DEA ordered chemicals and they mislabled the chemicals in the order on request.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-11-2009 at 08:08

Quote: Originally posted by Sedit  
The link that Gorden brown posted with the call from the DEA agent to the reporter if indeed real suggested that the DEA ordered chemicals and they mislabled the chemicals in the order on request.
I took the time to listen to that conversation. What the DEA guy says is that they, the DEA, ordered chemicals asking for the packages to be mislabeled. He does not say (in that call) that the vendor actually did mislabel the packages.

What the indictment says is that the packages they ordered were labeled "red metal for iron works" and "iodine for medical use". The first is a bit misleading, I'll admit, but not the kind of outright fabrication where you put "baby powder" on the manifest. The second is labeled "iodine" and had iodine in it. There's no language I'm aware of that purposive add-ons to a label (the "for medical use" part) are anything but advisory.
Reference
Anders Hoveland

[*] posted on 18-7-2010 at 00:12

The more poverty there is, the more drugs and violence there will be. Governments seem to chose the easy ways to solve their tough problems: restricting personal freedoms. Uncontrollable crime? Let's institute life sentences for minor offenses! Our nation has a drug problem? Let's ban chemicals! Oh, how where we supposed to know those chemicals happen to be used in almost everything we use?
(sarcasm) Someone got murdered and a gun was involved? Ban guns!
Oh no! There was a school shooting thousands of kilometers away in North Dakota. Let's expel an 11-year old child because his mother packed a kitchen knife so he could slice his lunch apple! (this actually happened).

Because of a small handful of Arab terrorists, everyone else has to go through hour long lines at the air carriers. It would be "racially discriminatory" to only check the Arabs. So Arab immigration into other countries costs those countries billions
in security and wasted time. There are so many numerous hidden and subtle nuanced costs associated with bringing in people from other poorer countries.

An example, the football/soccer fields near me are closed a third of the time to allow the grass time to regrow. This was not always so, but now with so many people using the fields, the grass gets stomped to muddy dirt. This is from a large influx of immigrants that cannot find jobs and so play all throughout the day. The sport is very popular in their country, so they tear apart the grass. In one city near me, 80% are immigrants. They are so poor that 30 people cram together into one small house (I am not exaggerating). In that city there is much violence. I had a family member who worked as a teacher at a public school there. There are FREQUENT drive-by shootings. Recently, a student was found stabbed to death in a car in the parking area. My local government wants to ban guns, but the truth is, it is only all the poor immigrants that are shooting eachother, unintentionally prompting the wider government to take away more of the rights and freedoms of everyone else.

[Edited on 18-7-2010 by Reference]
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 31-7-2010 at 23:45

Thank-you so much for that. Wow you really opened my eyes and I'm not just being sarcastic or disrespectful in any wayy possbile. You truly have a gift of seeing the truth of the world as it really is.

I suggest you travel the world and preach your principles on being. Many lives can change for the better and I'd even go as far to say that healing can be accomplished through your lifechanging sermon.

Keep spreading your word of love. Many will hate, but the few that love your message are the ones who will benefit by the true love and knowledge of knowing the truth.

Keep on keepin on brother.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 18-8-2010 at 15:39

Quote: Originally posted by quicksilver  
Speaking of restricting personal freedoms.....

Soon the people of Scandinavia will need to apply for a license to ski.
OMG! Where will it end? Requiring people to have licenses to drive cars, practice law or medicine, install gas appliances and electrical wiring, design bridges... A sorry state of affairs!

[Edited on 18-8-2010 by entropy51]
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 19-8-2010 at 11:50

Quote: Originally posted by Reference  

Because of a small handful of Arab terrorists, everyone else has to go through hour long lines at the air carriers. It would be "racially discriminatory" to only check the Arabs. So Arab immigration into other countries costs those countries billions
in security and wasted time. There are so many numerous hidden and subtle nuanced costs associated with bringing in people from other poorer countries.

It WOULD be racially discriminatory to detain or "check" Arabic peoples as the sole source of terrorism.
Sorry .....that doesn't fly. There was a guy named Timothy McVeigh....(remember him? Nice white man...?) There was so many differing agendas that make up terror that one group is never totally responsible for the actions of a single section of that group or we'd all think that German's (& their allies) were still Nazis....Right?

I really despise the infringement on personal freedoms so long as I am harming no one else, etc. But I am NOT going to buy into some bigoted tripe....sorry; can't buy into that.

[Edited on 19-8-2010 by quicksilver]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top