Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Most toxic organophosphate
Valkorion
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-1-2019 at 03:43
Most toxic organophosphate

Hello!
I have searched a lot of information about most toxic nerve agents. For example on one forum somebody claimed,that changing S to Se and alkyl group to propyl or cyclohexanol in VX agent can make this agent 25-100 times more toxic.
Here is citation:

The type of agent. V agents are more toxic than the corresponding G agent. By V agents I mean agents that have an -S-R structure and lack fluorine, by G agents I mean agents that have fluorine attacked to the central phosphorus. This is a simplification but it helps in understanding.
The presence of an -O/S-R-N(R)2 group give high toxicity, and quaternizing it to -O/S-R-N+(R)3 gives another large increase in toxicity. -S-R-S+(R)2 groups also give high toxicity, though not as high as the nitrogen group.
The alkyl group on the V agent will also increase toxicity. VR has a higher toxicity than VX, and simply replaces the ethyl group with an isopropyl group. Replacing it with even more active groups, such as cyclohexanol or pinacolyl, would most likely give even more toxic versions of the original V agent.
Replacing the sulfur in a V agent with selenium MAY give an increase in toxicity, I say this because VE with a selenium atom is more toxic than VX, and I would expect the normal VE is to be about roughly equal in toxicity.
The length of the chain leading to the -N(R)2 group also determines toxicity. With an ethyl group, toxicity is of course high, but replacing it with a propyl group gives a LARGE increase in toxicity (undoutably because of the structural similarity to choline). The most toxic agent listed on that chart would be considered a G agent, and has a LD lower than dioxin (which is nearly as toxic as iv VX by oral exposure, and is no doubt even more toxic by the iv route in which it is compared on the chart), which is simply amazing.

So, from the above patterns I've noticed after looking at lots of toxicity information (that handy chart by nbk coupled with all sorts of bits and pieces I've found over the years), I have several ideas.
First, we change over to a V agent. Toxicity should go up by maybe 5 times. Second, we use a cyclohexanol group for our alkyl group, since cyclosarin is already 40% as toxic as VX. If using selenium is indeed more toxic than sulfur, use that as well. We should end up with an agent a good 25 to 100 times more toxic than VX (not accurate since I really am just making educated guesses here, but you get the genera idea).
Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-1-2019 at 07:18

ich habe eine Idee !

If I were to make this kind of educated guesses I'd replace S with As.
Sulphur mustard ---> Lewisite

To be honest, I'm pretty certain someone much much smarter than you and I combined (and getting a good hazard pay!) already thought of it.
If he didnt, better for mankind !

That was a scary first post by the way.
VSEPR_VOID
National Hazard

Mood: Fullerenes

[*] posted on 21-1-2019 at 15:07

The hardest part about VX chemistry is making the CH3-PCl2. Everything else is easy to make. QL and S are the binary components to VX.

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
chemister2015
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-2-2019 at 03:07

VX methyl iodide salt is about 2 times more toxic VX.

Go To Top