Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking to trade Pd/C for palladium salts
Klute
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-1-2010 at 15:13
Looking to trade Pd/C for palladium salts

I'm looking for some palladium salts, the chloride or the acetate for Suzuki couplings and preparation of various catalysts.

I will be willing to trade some for some 10% reduced Pd/C I have, the price ratio being roughly 100e gram of PdCl2 and 30e gram 10% Pd/C (Acros prices), so I would be willing to trade 2-3g of Pd/C for half a gram of PdCl2, make me a proposition if you don't find that fair (seems fair to me considering the prices).

yes, I know I could make PdCl2 from the Pd/C by attacking with aqua regia and evaporating, but I have little time available for lab work, and I prefer doing a trade and helping someone in search of Pd/C out, keeping time for coupling and catalyst preparations.

I could just buy the stuff, but I don't have the financial support needed for such an aquisition right now.. I just want to do a few experiemnts on the 10-50mg PdCl2 scale..

BTW I live in France, so I would prefer trading with someone in western europe to avoid problems with customs and lost packages.. We all know where that leads to, eh?

Please help a chimist in need of more reaction possibilities! :)

\"You can battle with a demon, you can embrace a demon; what the hell can you do with a fucking spiritual computer?\"

-Alice Parr
Jor
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-1-2010 at 15:20

Just try buying palladium metal, it is not very expensive.

Acros and Sigma always have extremely high prices for precious metals and their compounds.
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-1-2010 at 16:06

Jor: Did you not read what Klute said? If you did, then may I ask how you think he will be any closer to his goal by buying palladium metal? He might as well dissolve what he already has supported on carbon. In both instances aqua regia would be needed, the only difference being that filtration is required to separate the carbon from the solution in the case of Pd/C.

Klute: As much as I would love to help, I dont have any Pd compounds yet.
fractional
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 24-1-2010 at 03:09

Quote: Originally posted by Klute  
I'm looking for some palladium salts, the chloride or the acetate for Suzuki couplings and preparation of various catalysts.

BTW I live in France, so I would prefer trading with someone in western europe to avoid problems with customs and lost packages.. We all know where that leads to, eh?

Please help a chimist in need of more reaction possibilities! :)

Bonjour Klute,
I have 2 g of Pd (II) Acetate that I don't really need. So if you are interested send me a PM. Location is in NL.

Go To Top