Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chems 4 sale
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

thumbup.gif posted on 1-3-2010 at 23:11
Chems 4 sale

Got the following chems about a year ago and ended up not needing them. U2U me if you are interested and make me an offer. I'll take the highest offer.
Check your local laws as to legality. Some countries have tight laws for both these items.

Methylamine Hydrochloride: 1500 grams

Propionic Anhydride: 1000 grams

[Edited on 2-3-2010 by anotheronebitesthedust]
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 2-3-2010 at 02:20

Which country are we talking?

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-3-2010 at 07:10

It should be possible to oxidize methylamine hydrochloride to nitromethane, which can be used as an explosive, although it has other and more valuable uses as a synthetic reagent. I suppose propionic anhydride could be used as a legal alternative to acetic anhydride where the latter is banned or controled, for propionylation of -OH groups to protect them and reduce reactivity, analogously to acetylation.
bbartlog
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-3-2010 at 07:17

I'm pretty sure propionic anhydride is on the watch lists because of its use in the synthesis of fentanyl(s). I suppose there might be jurisdictions where acetic anhydride is watched and/or illegal while propionic anhydride is not; maybe places like Turkey where heroin is a much bigger problem than synthetic opiates like fentanyl...

undead_alchemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Tired, Cleaning up corporate messes at work!

[*] posted on 2-3-2010 at 12:49

Quote: Originally posted by bbartlog  
I'm pretty sure propionic anhydride is on the watch lists because of its use in the synthesis of fentanyl(s). I suppose there might be jurisdictions where acetic anhydride is watched and/or illegal while propionic anhydride is not; maybe places like Turkey where heroin is a much bigger problem than synthetic opiates like fentanyl...

Both are on the watch lists for USA and Canada
I do know that propionic anhydride is not restricted in Canada, but is in the USA.

Seller is located in Canada.
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 8-3-2010 at 22:10

Uhhhhhhhh... I wouldn't touch either one of those with a ten foot pole. Even in Canada.

No offense anotheronebitesthedust. Maybe I'm paranoid but it just makes me nervous.

Also, maybe you should've posted some other chemicals. If I didn't know better I would think it was a setup.

[Edited on 3-9-2010 by MagicJigPipe]

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
majortom
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 08:22

Methylamine HCl?
Propionic anhydride?

Because those two are totally not suspicious.

Edit- after checking wiki-
And they are DIFFIDENTLY not both list 1 controlled chems.

[Edited on 9-5-2010 by majortom]
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 08:43

Quote: Originally posted by majortom  
Methylamine HCl?
Propionic anhydride?

You said not?

The DEA says different. Please don't spread misinformation that could get someone in trouble.
majortom
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 16:32

Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  
Quote: Originally posted by majortom  
Methylamine HCl?
Propionic anhydride?

You said not?

The DEA says different. Please don't spread misinformation that could get someone in trouble.

I was being sarcastic with the all caps DEFIDENTLY. I forgot that sarcasm and bland text dont mix, ah well.

But seriously kid's, even if this guy selling isnt an agent himself, run for your lives, these are the types of chems that get you on watch lists

[Edited on 7-6-2010 by majortom]
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 18:31

Gotta have a special permit to sell Methylamine in the USA. Buying a small amount, or making a small amount,
might be tolerably legal.....Provided you have no illegal intent for the material. Intent does matter.

Selling Methylamine, without the required permit.....THAT, just won't fly. Exporting it into the USA,
or Importing it into the USA.....Also, won't fly. ALL are serious crimes.

This is not something that will put you on a "Watch list". This is something that will put you in jail.

Once, long ago, in a more liberal time. My lower division college, purchased about a hundred grams of MeNH2.HCl for a legitimate O-Chem experiment.
Had I known they were planning to make the purchase, I would have vigorously argued against it. As things went, it got past me,
and there was no end to the misery that resulted. The school's purchasing agent was harassed, the Chem professors were threatened with firing.
Horrible insinuating phone calls were made to the head of our chem department. It took years for things to settle down again.

Nowadays, it wouldn't be scolding letters, and multiple accusatory phone calls....
Control agents would show up, and want some serious explaining done.
Inadequate answers, could result in your being handcuffed.

Want to buy methylamine? Better have a damn good and legitimate reason to have it.

If you are in the USA, and you lack a permit, bringing this material into the country, is considered illegal importation.

Bad. Real bad!

[Edited on 7-6-2010 by zed]

JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 19:45

Of course, propionic anhydride can be used as a substitute for acetylation with acetic anhydride in organic synthesis, to either protect -OH groups, or analogously to the conversion of morphine to the much more potent heroin. But what drug would CH3NH2 be used to make, for which no other low-molecular-weight primary amine would be suitable?
mnick12
Hazard to Others

Mood: devious

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 20:39

JohnWW,
From what I understand methylamine is watched mainly because of its use in the reductive amination of phenylacetone to meth. And Propionic anhydride is watched not because it is similar to acetic anhydride, but because it used for creating the propionamide during fentanyl synthesis. Also it can be used for propiophenone synthesis, which has the potential to be turned into a variety of amphetamine type drugs.
But both these chemicals have many more legitimate uses.
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

Mood: trying to figure out why I need a dark room retreat when I live in a forest of wattle.

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 20:55

good luck with that shit.

what fentanyl and ketone reduction.

im supprised the admin didont detris this.

its on all lists in most countries as not to let be imported with out

the right paperwork to my knowlage.

I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole.

e3500 console login: root
bash-2.05#

mnick12
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 21:53

Ephoton I think you took my post the wrong way, I was not trying to make a cook post. I was simply elaborating on the chemistry that makes MeNH2 and Propionic anhydride watched, since there seemed to be some confusion in earlier posts.
Hope that clears things up.
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

Mood: trying to figure out why I need a dark room retreat when I live in a forest of wattle.

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 00:19

I dont think its a positive move for conversation forums to move to selling grounds for watched and schedualed
chemicals bee a bee or not.

ive seen what happens before.

e3500 console login: root
bash-2.05#

zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 04:37

The transaction might be perfectly legal in Canada. And, I make no assumptions about who is on this board.
Some of the guys are in countries where no permits are required, and some of the guys in the USA,
do have the permits required to buy, sell, and import...Listed materials.

I'm just pointing out, that folks here in the USA....MUST have such permits to import list I Materials into the country.

Even though some of these materials can be acquired legally within the borders of the USA,
without a permit.....It is super illegal to import them without a permit.

There might also be problems for anotheronebitesthedust, if he sends such materials into the USA,
without the approval of the U.S. Government.
Being in Canada is not a shield that will protect him from U.S. Law Enforcement.

[Edited on 8-6-2010 by zed]
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 20:01

Quote:
From what I understand methylamine is watched mainly because of its use in the reductive amination of phenylacetone to meth. And Propionic anhydride is watched not because it is similar to acetic anhydride, but because it used for creating the propionamide during fentanyl synthesis. Also it can be used for propiophenone synthesis, which has the potential to be turned into a variety of amphetamine type drugs.
But both these chemicals have many more legitimate uses.

Something is wrong here. How different would the resulting molecule be if acetic instead of propanoic anhydride were used? Well, one methyl group to be sure... but, well, how different is this really pharmacologically speaking? Might it even be "worse"?

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
mnick12
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 21:11

To be honest I am not sure, for I am not a chemist and do not understand how these synthetic opiods work. But I did find this compound which has the acetamide instead of the propanamide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphamethylacetylfentanyl . Anyway like I said I am not qualified to answer that sort of question, but both those compounds are highly illegal and could get you quite some time behind bars.
Hope that helps
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 21:51

Quote:

its on all lists in most countries
The only country that I know of that has restricted either of these chemicals to List 1 precursor status is USA. I checked Australia's laws because they are usually very restrictive. Both Methylamine and Propionic Anhydride are in their List 2 category, alongside "Calcium," "Platinum," "Potassium," and "Sodium."
http://www.nicnas.gov.au/Publications/Chemical_Gazette/pdf/2...

If anyone would like to be helpful instead of burning me at the stake here, let me know which countries have restricted either of these chemicals to List 1 status.

With over 190 countries on the planet it's difficult to find the laws pertaining to each chemical I sell for each country. That is why I said, "Check your local laws as to legality."
Rain
Harmless

Mood: Repellant

[*] posted on 17-6-2010 at 08:37

@ moderators:please delete this post

[Edited on 18-6-2010 by Rain]

[Edited on 18-6-2010 by Rain]

Drowning in my own fear.

Go To Top