Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Has one of our members died?
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 15:18
Has one of our members died?

I read an ominous message on Myfanwy's youtube channel. Maybe someone can confirm it?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Myfanwy94

So basically don't make explosives and highly toxic chemicals. Stupid stupid

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
thereelstory
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 20:31

i has spoken to him a few times over at utube. what happened to him supposedly? he was eager to share his ideas. i hope he is ok. anyone spoke to him lately?
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 21:25

The member in question: https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/member.php?action=vie...

UnintentionalChaos
International Hazard

Mood: Nucleophilic

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 21:35

Note that his last forum post was 3 days ago and the youtube post was 6 days ago claiming that he died last month.

Department of Redundancy Department - Now with paperwork!

'In organic synthesis, we call decomposition products "crap", however this is not a IUPAC approved nomenclature.' -Nicodem
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 23:23

Not sure what you're reading UC but his profile says he was last active on 10/04/10, and the youtube message says he died on 19/04/10... its not looking good :( A google search of his name turned up no articles though, you'd expect this kinda thing to hit the media quick.
UnintentionalChaos
International Hazard

Mood: Nucleophilic

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 23:39

Nevermind- stupid order of the date.

I have it set to mm/dd/yy, while the link to his profile is to the https site where I am not logged in and the default is dd/mm/yy. So the post was april 5th, not may 4th.

[Edited on 5-7-10 by UnintentionalChaos]

Department of Redundancy Department - Now with paperwork!

'In organic synthesis, we call decomposition products "crap", however this is not a IUPAC approved nomenclature.' -Nicodem
Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 23:53

He made HCN in youtube :o
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 01:15

UC: Thought it might have been a format error, took me a couple mins to work it out myself :)
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 14:54

I hope it isn't true, but he sure had a certain disregard for common sense:
Quote:
my whole basement and stairway smelled like rotten eggs. in my basement is a huge concentration of H2S. Because of the Gas i started swetting strongly, ang got dizzy
thereelstory
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 18:28

IM sorry but did this poor kid have somthing happen to him? Sorry.
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 18:52

I wonder if something like that could have happened to Megalomania, the founder and owner of http://www.roguesci.org, shortly before its web-hoster pulled the plug on the site on 30th June 2009, alleging that its web-hosting fee had not been paid. No-one seems to really know what happened to him, and he has not contacted anyone. I tried emailing him at his known email addresses, and also messaging a listing for Megalomania on Skype,without success.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 23:24

I know roguesci is a huge loss but isn't there ANYONE that knew the real name of the owner? I mean I try to keep my profile on the DL so to speak but a few know my real name and such possibly.

Still not to sound harsh but this thread is about a dear member who may have given his life for the love of chemistry.... lets hope his passing is not all in vain in the end and we can all learn anything we can if his experation was indeed chemistry related.

To relatives of the possibly departed, if you are reading this, and I hope someday you do, im sure I speak for all those here when I say that we send out our sorrow, plus thankfulness, for all they have shared with us. For you, your dear freind (and our own ) we wish you the best of luck in this time of passing

~Sedit

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
chief
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-5-2010 at 04:09

Why not re-invoke the roguesci: There are archives on rapidshare, I believe ...: Can just be fed into a site ...
==> Should the original owner re-appear he can have it back, of course ...
Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 02:32

I really miss roguesci. :( RIP
chief
National Hazard

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 04:31

As I said before: Whoever wants ro re-invoke the roguesci-site may send me PM, and hint me to the archive he wants to be fed into it ...
==> I the might convert it to a ready forum or blog, and upload this to rapidshare ...
==> From there on it might be downloaded and run on a server ...

Best Idea would be to let it run on _1_ place, if as forum: So all the new posts would coem there, not be spread over many sites on the entire web ..
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 04:40

The really sad thing about Myfanwy's possible demise is that he may have been as young as sixteen. . .

Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 11:09

Quote: Originally posted by Mildronate  
I really miss roguesci. :( RIP

You should be ashamed of yourself. One of our members, possibly a child at that, has passed away and you write RIP for a forum that was overrun by nazis. Get a fucking clue people and show some fucking respect, Gdamn

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
chief
National Hazard

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 13:07

Sedit is right ... !

Why not make a virtual graveyard, eg. on the frontpage, for those who had accidents ?
==> Would surely serve as a warning, like all the crosses in some mountain-regions, which remind of the dead climbers there ...

Also beside the virtual graveyard there could be some virtual hospital for the injuries,
==> and a virtual jail for all the cooks that went in ... ... .
rrkss
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-5-2010 at 11:41

Looking at his youtube channel, it seems like he enjoyed preparing large quantities of explosive and highly toxic chemicals without the proper precautions to handle them. Won't be surprised if he had an accident that ended up taking his life.
rrkss
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-5-2010 at 13:31

Supposedly he died from a pulmonary edema. Don't know if its chemistry related or not, but RIP to him.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-5-2010 at 14:29

His final post here expressed his desire to try and make phosgene.... as sad as it is to say this I fear he may have botched a synthesis of it.

a_bab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Angry !!!!!111111...2?!

[*] posted on 21-5-2010 at 03:28

Having a virtual graveyard would be a bad idea, just as in E&W forum where there were at least some 2 members who made the news, leaving the Earth in pieces (and at least one on purpose, taking others along).

It draws anwanted attention to say the least. Besides, there will be LOTS of "RIP" messages from people who did't even know the now defunct member exist in the first place.
thereelstory
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-5-2010 at 18:28

although he had a tendency to conduct outside xperimnts, i believe phosgene is particularly nasty.
a_bab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Angry !!!!!111111...2?!

[*] posted on 23-5-2010 at 07:48

Outdoors won't make a difference with such gases if one uses not tested equipment; read the thread with H2S intoxication. It makes a difference in the sence of "dropping dead a bit later".
Plus, phosgene is cumulative; once exposed, the damage is done, it won't heal very fast and another exposure just tops on the old one and so on, till the lungs are screwed enough to cause trouble. Big trouble; walking with liquid sloshing in the chest must be a terrible thing, although it would be perceived by the unhappy as "an unbearable shortness of breath".

[Edited on 23-5-2010 by a_bab]
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 23-5-2010 at 09:17

Just a rhetorical question here but why the fuck even synthesize a toxic like phosgene? To say that you have done so? To mfg a weapon? It's a seriously questionable thing to do.

There is one big damn difference between maturity, intelligence, wisdom, & a collection of items, issues, or idiosyncrasies memorized. One of the reasons why "IQ Testing" was dropped as a measure of intellect is that someone may have the ability to regurgitate a number of things yet not have the common sense to to use elemental self-preservation...... thus weeding that individual from the collective gene-pool.
To conceptualize someone as being "bright" simply because they can vomit up whatever they may have read or studied without utilizing that material in a productive manner (or at least not a destructive one) is a very narrow view of the human mind.

[Edited on 23-5-2010 by quicksilver]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top