Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Uranium
mfilip62
pierced by a crossbow under a bridge while eating Billy goats

Mood: I like turtles!

[*] posted on 10-6-2010 at 11:48
Uranium

If anyone is interested in buying or trading it for other chemicals please PM me.
You won't find something like this in Western Europe or USA.

Free shipping to Europe.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 10-6-2010 at 16:55

Quote: Originally posted by mfilip62  
If anyone is interested in buying or trading it for other chemicals please PM me.
You won't find something like this in Western Europe or USA.

Free shipping to Europe.
Sure you can. I suppose you think yours is HEU?
mfilip62

[*] posted on 10-6-2010 at 17:20

This posibility is not excluded,but it deffinitely isn't ordinary source.(circa WW2,probably post war)
Other issue is that U is extremly hard to find in Europe and European members of this forum might find this as great opportunity.
(no shipment from USA to EU)
For now,all you can do is to order,I won't sell any sample until I confirm
it is genuine U and approximate isotope content/radioactivity.(this will take at least few weeks)
It is in the form of rasonably thick shavings with black oxide layer and some specks of green.
Any advices,tips and help abbout analysis and storage are welcome.

No more info,PM only.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

[*] posted on 10-6-2010 at 17:33

Any advices,tips and help abbout analysis and storage are welcome.
No more info,PM only.
Black with green specks?Double bag that crap and store it outside in your trash can for the next trash pickup.

Real U is available all over the place.
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 10-6-2010 at 17:39

I thought U was grey with coloured oxide, and only when wet, not black o.o'

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
Jimmymajesty
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 05:58

I saw a video on youtube (elementary videos IIRC) in which the dude handled uranium and its salts, but in a glove box to avoid poisoning himself to death.. Who wants to bring chems like this to his home? I also saw a guy on youtube the other day that ignited mercury fulminate in his bedroom.. thats just ridiculously irresponsible and stupid.

Take care, but browse the net for new kidneys, just in case..
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 06:12

Metallic U is not dangerous to handle, especially with gloves, unless it is coated with lots of oxide that is inhaled or ingested. The black junk offered for sale above is probably more hazardous because of oxidation to dust that one could inhale or ingest.

U salts, especially if soluble, are somewhat more dangerous, but no worse than the Pb salts that SM members make and use in quite large quantities.

Not so very long ago U salts were used to give an orange glaze to cookware (Fiestaware IIRC). There were not piles of corpses in the streets due to people eating food from these plates.

A quick read of any given day's posts will reveal that members work with chemicals that are much more dangerous than U.

Home chemistry is just inherently hazardous, but mostly only if you don't know the properties of the materials that you use.
Jimmymajesty
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 06:30

I do not interested in heavy metal chemistry at all, except from platinum and palladium salts, what kind of experiments could one do with Uranium?

Maybe my heavy metal chemofobia is due to the MSDSs which I have to review regulary to earn some money for home experiments:)

But metal ions is not exactly like an organic compound, e.g. formalin, If you spill you have just to open a window and it will be blowed away.. but in case of mercury spill you will we poisoned for at least 20 years, if you cannot collect all the droplets of it, which will definitely be the case, as one drop will at least form 1000 small droplets from falling ~1 metre.
mfilip62

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 07:59

I checkeg,green specks are contamination from the rubber,not salt.
They are not on the U, itself but inside of bottle.

I keep it in thick lead pipe,in original glass bottle outside of living space.
Handel it outside, with gas mask and gloves,and than go to shower.
I know that metallic U itself is not much dangeros,but radioactive decay products that might be present.

You think it is safe handling!?

@Jimmymajesty
You need some PdCl2!? :-)
Satan
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 15:24

Why this topic is still alive?
I didn`t check yet, but I think radioactive materials are illegal in any EU country. This should be taken care of just like this forum manages drug cooks whining for recipes - Detritus .

Guys like you mfilip62, who probably get erections from handling dangerous materials are not scientist/madscientist, and this forum don`t need that kind of attention.

If police catches you they are going to call you amateur chemist, but don`t get confused, you are just giving them (chemists) bad reputation.

You are one of those sting operation or just some young fool.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 15:39

Radioactive materials are in your household appliances right now so I doubt they are flat out illegle. Im fairly certine I could aquire Uranium salts/oxides right now if I desired to do so for use in cermic glazes. I do have a small desire to use it due to the floresence that it causes in the glazes and I woul love to see how this interacted with ZnO crystal glazes I like to work with .... but Id rather not work with Uranium because the kiln puts off enough toxic shit to add one more contaminat to add to the list.

Its already been said. Uranium does not equal instant death and there are MUCH more harmful discussions here then this one. Thats not even to mention this fellow appears to be speaking of impure U ore which is about as harmless as a form of Uranium as it gets.

All that said I do question the sellers integrity to be willing to sell Uranium from an unknown source to an unknown buyer. If someone bought this to build a dirty nuke would you sleep at night mfilip62, knowing you turned a profit from someone hellbent on spreading radiation sickness? Would you be willing to sell this to your neighbor?

[Edited on 11-6-2010 by Sedit]

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
mfilip62

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 15:45

I am pretty sure that explosives are much more illegal,and If you haven’t notice there are a lot of respectable members of this forum in EU who do experiments with radioactive materials and explosives,so only problem here is you.You are just one of those boring, jealous chemists-wannabe who wash hands 2 times after handling acids “because it says so in the book”.
I truly hate people like you, my University is full of those ass-lickers.
If you want to mix baking soda and vinegar in well wentilated area to avoiding “dangerous” CO2 that might sufficate you,go to some other forum,
this is scienceMADNESS.:P

Quote:

All that said I do question the sellers integrity to be willing to sell Uranium from an unknown source to an unknown buyer. If someone bought this to build a dirty nuke would you sleep at night mfilip62, knowing you turned a profit from someone hellbent on spreading radiation sickness? Would you be willing to sell this to your neighbor?

Of course not,that is why I am practically giving it on this forum,selling it only to the older membrs I know that wont do harm to anyone.I want to help community I feel part of(amateur chemists, elementary collectors, ect)
I checked it today,and it emits only slight radiation.
And if anyone wants REALLY radioactive crap for making dirt bomb there is a lot of crap left in exSoviet Union and Bosnia after the war. Dirt cheap to free,hell they even painted walls with this becouse it glows nice,and then wondered why they got sick.
IMHO dirty bomb is just one of these americans boogieman excuses to ban everything and impose dictature ower people. Did it EVER happened!?

[Edited on 12-6-2010 by mfilip62]
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 15:57

I am pretty sure that explosives are much more illegal,and If you haven’t notice there are a lot of respectable members of this forum in EU who do experiments with radioactive materials and explosives,so only problem here is you.You are just one of those boring, jealous chemists-wannabe who wash hands 2 times after handling acids “because it says so in the book”.
I truly hate people like you, my University is full of those ass-lickers.
If you want to mix baking soda and vinegar in well wentilated area to avoiding “dangerous” CO2 that might sufficate you,go to some other forum,
this is scienceMADNESS.:P

Thats pretty ironic considering the only real problem here is you.

You are one of those fool hardy, attack at project with no clue type chemist that poision there own water and die an early death from some strange illness hopefully only taking themselfs along for the ride.

The only problem here is you and your willingness to not think before you leap and consider the consequences of selling a possibly illegle material to someone you don't know. If you haven't figured it out yet you would be safer right now trying to sell meth to some stranger on the internet because the penaltys you will get for drug dealling will be much lighter.

And last but not least the real problem here is you because your the type of chemist that gives them all a bad name due to a complete irrisponsibilty.

Good day to you sir but if you haven't noticed due to a complete lack of attention span or focus YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WITH CHEMISTRY TODAY!!!!!

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
mfilip62

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 16:31

No,I am only humble anough to ask something if I am not 100% sure, that is why superb people lay crap on me.
I synthesized every useful explosive without hurting myself, others or property for over 10 years now.

If you don’t believe me just go to ebay or unitednuclear,THEY are selling it to complete strangers,I am
Selling it ONLY to the older members of this forum who I know for years,like you.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 16:39

Ok then...

Question does your ore look like this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torbernite

You mention the green flecks and my first instinct would be this is what you have in conjunction with various natural Uranium compounds. If so this is a very low grade of Uranium ore but could fetch a fair price sold as mineral samples to collectors on ebay.

[Edited on 12-6-2010 by Sedit]

mfilip62

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 16:54

No,it looks EXACTLY like this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Uranium-Metal-Element-Pure-Sealed-Larg...

Green specks are not even worth mentioning,they are not on metal itself,but on the bottom of the container,
I checked and they are organic,rubber from the bottle lid.

Pure U costs at least 200USD/gram in EU,and I am selling it much cheaper,
ONLY to the trusted members of this forum.
I won't even consider request of new members without consulting admins.

[Edited on 12-6-2010 by mfilip62]
Skyjumper
Hazard to Self

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 17:56

Quote: Originally posted by Satan  
Why this topic is still alive?
I didn`t check yet, but I think radioactive materials are illegal in any EU country. This should be taken care of just like this forum manages drug cooks whining for recipes - Detritus .

Guys like you mfilip62, who probably get erections from handling dangerous materials are not scientist/madscientist, and this forum don`t need that kind of attention.

If police catches you they are going to call you amateur chemist, but don`t get confused, you are just giving them (chemists) bad reputation.

You are one of those sting operation or just some young fool.

You are new hear, aren't you. Your english is beautiful, and you clearly lack an understanding of basic laws. Police "catches" druggies, not a person with a couple grams of U-238, or U ore.

Stupidity amazes me.
Skyjumper
Hazard to Self

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 18:45

I lurked here for over 3 years. Only just registered. But either way, Uranium is not illegal.
Satan
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 02:43

To clarify my previous post: U-235 is illegal for civilians to posses (in other than trace concentrations), and mfilip62 gives hints that its possible that his material contains considerable amounts of this isotope, he takes precautions handling it, and says he won't sell to just anybody. Sorry that I didn't write that more clearly, I thought its obvious.
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 03:16

I'm not sure why, but I was under the impression that glassware used for manipulating radioactive materials, e.g. syntheses of uranium compounds, should not be used for any further "general" purpose, as it would be tainted by the "hot" material. Can anyone confirm/dismiss this?
mfilip62

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 06:58

@DJF90 I agree,

Reasonable mind suggests it is not wise to use same glassware for something like, lets say explosives that will disperse radiation all over or something you are going to use as cosmetic/drug.

If my uranium was mostly 238 I am pretty sure there would be people in black with heavy armor and MP5's all around my house or guy from Iranian embassy with bag full of cash. :-)
In no time,this is public forum people and I am not retarded person.

This guy satan is unbelievable, firstly he attacked me because he thought I would sell it to anybody and now he attacks me for knowing I won't.
You know there are really nice places that looks like castles with a big green garden ad people in white willing to help you!?
stygian
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 07:07

U-238 is the natural isotope. U-235 is what may bring black-clad folks with heavy armor and MP5s.
mfilip62

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 08:25

Exactly,
Typefeller
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 18:29

Quote: Originally posted by Satan  
To clarify my previous post: U-235 is illegal for civilians to posses (in other than trace concentrations), and mfilip62 gives hints that its possible that his material contains considerable amounts of this isotope, he takes precautions handling it, and says he won't sell to just anybody. Sorry that I didn't write that more clearly, I thought its obvious.
But surely the stuff is legal in Hell, where you live. What do you use it for there?
mfilip62

[*] posted on 13-6-2010 at 05:27

They are desperate because N. Korea stole them big batch... the use the wicked ways to impose monopole on U so that
Hell doesn't freeze! :D
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top