Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Police notified about buying beakers!
mewrox99
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-7-2010 at 21:31

LOL I bet the cops would love to see my trademe.

Just bought a bunch of metallic powders, some KClO4 and plan on getting 5L 70% HNO3

[Edited on 15-7-2010 by mewrox99]

barbs09
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-7-2010 at 00:27

Well they probably already have given your previous history!!!!!
mewrox99
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-7-2010 at 04:14

LOL maybe but I don't think so. Given the extreme over reactions to little things (eg freakin' CuSO4) ,they probably would have came to my house over all the KClO4/Al/Mg/KMnO4/KNO3/NH4ClO4/NH4NO3/Sr(NO3)2/H2SO4 I have bought in recent months after they 'warned me' for the 'offense' of making small flashes.

LOL I used the lovely warning letter from the NZ police to diaper flash powder.

__________ Ends meaningless dribble____________

Speaking of trademe. Did u see that auction of lots of chemicals in tea-spoon sizes.

mewrox99
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-8-2010 at 00:05

I'll unfortunately be buying from these douchebags again simply because I can't find good quality reagent bottles elsewhere. sigh bet the police will be coming to my house again
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 10-8-2010 at 01:35

Be sure to wave!

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
mewrox99
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-8-2010 at 02:27

lol.

But seriously having the police over about an empty reagent bottle is unlikely to happen in any country
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 10-8-2010 at 13:04

Hence the waving. It would be rather amusing. You could show it off, and talk endlessly about how the major and minor grooves of the thread are so perfectly aligned to fit the lid.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
KNO3me
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-8-2010 at 16:00

Quote: Originally posted by The WiZard is In  

----------
This being the unexpurgated version.

THE AVERAGE BASEMENT BOMBER by Anonymous [aka d j haarmann]
PGII Bulletin #47 June, 1985

Common Rocket, Explosive and Incendiary Materials, according to Major Joseph
Stoffel, AUS (Ret.), (Explosives and Homemade Bombs 2nd ed., 1972) are as follows:

Charcoal, coal, coal Calcium hypochlorite Corn starch "Duco" cement, Gasoline,
Hydrogen peroxide, Liquid floor wax, Naphtha, Pitch, Rice powder, Soap powder,
Sulfur, Tapioca, Wheat flour, Coffee, Powdered Cocoa, Cork dust, Fuel oil Grease,
Kerosene, Vaseline, Match heads, Paraffin, Plaster of Paris, Sugar, Sawdust, Shellac,
Turpentine.

Well, with all this fine information it should be simple to compile a profile of the average
basement bomber, he is one who: owns a swimming pool (calcium hypochlorite), about
which he grows roses (sulfur), buggers his wife (vaseline) when not attending to the
leaking roof (pitch), or barbecuing (charcoal). His blonde (hydrogen peroxide) wife likes
to cook (corn starch, rice powder, wheat flour, tapioca), and makes her own jam or
jellies (paraffin) to show his thanks, he helps with the dishes (soap powder), although
occasionally he drops one ("Ducoll cement). After dinner he retires to the basement
workshop to turn out small clear finished (shellac) or painted (turpentine) wooden
objects (saw dust) for sale by the local Boy Scout troop. While he is cleaning his paint
brushes (kerosene), his wife makes them a hot drink (coffee, cocoa, sugar) on the stove
(match heads). Later while he tries to clean (naphtha) the clothing worn while working
on the car (grease, gasoline) yesterday, she will attend to the kitchen floor (liquid floor
wax) while making a mental note to get him to repair the hole in the wall (plaster of
Paris) where the door knob had struck it. After putting out the cat, being good
Americans, they turn down the furnace (fuel oil) in order to conserve energy, before
going to bed secure in the knowledge that they are safe from the long arm of the law. If
only they hadn't forgotten to get rid of the cork dust!

-----------
"The purchase, possession, and sale of ether in quantities exceeding 2.5 gallons, or equivalent by weight is regulated under Part II of the Florida Drug and Cosmetic Act, Chapter 499, Florida Statutes. The following permits are available."

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/ddc/EtherReg.html

I could have a lot of fun with 2 1/2 gallons of ether.

I thought that was very funny but it is also very true. Banning these precursors is absolutely futile.

Hearing about how the New Zealand police zero in on you for just buying supplies for chemistry really reminds me of how good I have it in the U.S.A. The laws here are ridiculous but I haven’t been bothered by Big Brother so far. In the past 2 years I’ve been buying books on explosives from Amazon.com.

[Edited on 8/17/2010 by KNO3me]

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research." - A. Einstein
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top