Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Buchi R-134 rotary evaporator
panziandi
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 19-7-2010 at 11:41
Buchi R-134 rotary evaporator

Does anybody have an R-134 users/service manual? I have some issues with mine and would appreciate an electronic copy so I can service it. My alternative is to ring Buchi, the model should still be supported, but asking the forum may get a copy quicker!.... Cheers in advance!

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Picric-A
National Hazard

Mood: Fuming

[*] posted on 19-7-2010 at 12:50

When i was looking for info on my Buchi rotovap i emailed Buchi and they sent me an electronic copy of the manual and spare parts.
I would advise you do the same.
panziandi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-7-2010 at 13:27

Yes I got details from them for my Buchi R and my Syncores and I get all my Buchi glass and consumables direct from them. The Buchi R-134 manual is not available online, however they wil likely get me an electronic and or paper copy on request. But it maybe quicker via this forum...

The trouble is I need to remove the screw flange from the motorised part for a deep clean. There was a serious spill that contaminated the moving parts. Despite unscrewing the case and unscrewing the flange, the flange won't come away from the vapour duct rotor. It just rotate freely and I really need to remove this in order to clean it properly. And for some reason the vapour duct seems to wiggle lose in the holder and thus stops rotating, which I have never experienced this with any of my rotavaps. Has anyone else experienced this? I might give it another look tomorrow!

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
panziandi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-7-2010 at 17:05

OK this thread is pretty much closed I think, Buchi got back to me with a manual! Such a great company!

Go To Top