Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: how do these 2 chemicals react?
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 27-7-2010 at 02:33

Nitroethane? Nothing against it.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
peach
Bon Vivant

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-7-2010 at 03:36

I forgot to say, you're not being pointed to the other thread in an angry manner, it's how this forum works. Rather than splatter information out in a bunch of randomly named threads, diluting it all and spamming the forum, people are encouraged to use the threads that are already open, even if they're old ones (which will bump to the top on replying to them anyway).

lol
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-7-2010 at 05:50

im not mad at you either, its just that my question was more about basic chemistry then specifically about nitroethane ;)
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 27-7-2010 at 12:42

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/search.php?token=&src...

Ahhhh. Well, read the "search" thread on the topic of Nitroethane.

You will be learning a lot about chemistry. Really a lot. Follow the Yellow Brick Road!
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 27-7-2010 at 12:50

Quote: Originally posted by turd  
Actually no, I didn't realize that this used to be a common way of P2P manufacture. I hope you excuse my outside-of-US-centrism, but actually I don't care a lot how illicit drug production works in the US. I was under the impression that P2P was mostly made via phenylacetic acid. Of course I heard about the Nef reaction, but it always seemed extremely rude to me. It would break my heart to remove the nitrogen already in the right position. The more I think about it - what a waste of perfectly fine nitroethane. Plain old trivial P2P, what a joke. :(

Excellent. For the good of humanity as a whole, I will speak no more on the subject.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top