Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Additional FTP?
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 28-8-2010 at 16:49
Additional FTP?

I would like to help out on the FTP front as I now have my own internet connection. I can probably do somewhere around 100-150 GB a month. My total bandwidth is 2.5 MB/s down (which I find slightly hard to believe; this is what speedtest.net claims. This happens to be 7 Mb/s over what I was quoted when I signed up for service) and 273 kB/s up. I already have a no-ip account and, as far as I know, the FTP works. As of now it is not up on a permanent basis (this is my laptop) but, if the interest is there, I would love to make it available and help Madhatter, and everyone else, out.

Just let me know, thanks.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
denatured
Hazard to Others

Mood: HCl 50%?

[*] posted on 29-8-2010 at 09:55

Let's try something else besides FTP that allows easier browsing and searching.
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-8-2010 at 10:03

Like what?

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
denatured
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-8-2010 at 10:29

A wiki: http://www.mediawiki.org , it would be closed and requires user login to view stuff.
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-8-2010 at 10:31

But I don't think I have the knowledge or time to set something like that up on my computer. I will look into it, though.

denatured
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-8-2010 at 10:39

I can help you with the setup.

Go To Top