Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2 month old HMTD
swissguy
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-10-2010 at 02:56
2 month old HMTD

Hi guys

I'm new here and from Switzerland. My english is bad, so please forgive my faults.

In switzerland the first august is the day of big party with pyrotechnics. So I produced some HMTD with success. Bud I forgot that i placed 3-4g on a filter paper somewhere.

Now my question: what can i do? The HMTD is completly dry. I propose to put some water drops on the edge of the filter paper, but I'm not sure if its the best solution. My pain is if I touch the filter paper that it can blow up.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Swissguy
Lord Emrone
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-10-2010 at 08:25

Take a cardboard box, roll a stick of newspapers and push the crystals in the box and throw burning toilet paper in the box, outside.
In, future don't make organic peroxides. An easy and safe alternative is heating of ETN wrapped in Al-foil. More info in other topics on this forum, if they aren't removed by admins here :s
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 10-10-2010 at 16:47

Quote:
In, future don't make organic peroxides

Now where's the fun in that?

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
VladimirLem
Hazard to Others

Mood: Have no fear <Vlad> is here.

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 09:41

Quote: Originally posted by swissguy  
Hi guys

I'm new here and from Switzerland. My english is bad, so please forgive my faults.

In switzerland the first august is the day of big party with pyrotechnics. So I produced some HMTD with success. Bud I forgot that i placed 3-4g on a filter paper somewhere.

Now my question: what can i do? The HMTD is completly dry. I propose to put some water drops on the edge of the filter paper, but I'm not sure if its the best solution. My pain is if I touch the filter paper that it can blow up.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Swissguy

lol...thrteadstarter

ich dachte jetzt kommt "kann ich das immer noch verwenden?" oder so...ne also wenn du es nur entfernen willst, nimm nen Glas Wasser oder spiritus und kipps vorsichtig darüber, dann vorichtig vermischen, dass alles feucht ist...

HMDT ist, wenn nach der Synthese noch Spiritus drin ist, quasi so unsensibel wie ...hm...kein plan...zumindestend konnt ichs nicht mit nem Hammer zur zündung bringen (!)
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 15:49

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by Rosco Bodine]
Plasmapyrobattics
Harmless

Mood: Plasma...

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 17:40

Quote : "Now where's the fun in that?"

Sounds like (for some people at least) it is REAL fun waking up in hospital perhaps without fingers and/or with an eye (or both) missing, heh??

Yeah!!

That must be REAL FUN -- for a moronic imbecile with apeshit for brains...

If you REALLY wanna DIE or lose fingers and eyes then :

GO AHEAD, YOU INFANTILE TWIT -- GO AND SYNTHESIZE ORGANIC PEROXIDES YOU DUMBF#CK!!

But DON'T you EVER suggest anyone following / condoning your style / actions / suggestions or imitating your stance towards Organic Peroxides.

MY SOUND ADVICE TO ALL : DON'T DO IT.

It's not worth it.
DDTea
National Hazard

Mood: Degenerate

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 23:45

Seriously, the quality of posts is borderline unacceptable and some moderator needs to clean this up.

@Plasma: we don't need flames on this forum. Any point you need to make, you can make without insulting fellow members.

@Vladimir: In the name of sanity, please keep your posts in English--that's the common language of this forum. In fact, the international language of science is broken English, which is spoken by most Americans too!

"In the end the proud scientist or philosopher who cannot be bothered to make his thought accessible has no choice but to retire to the heights in which dwell the Great Misunderstood and the Great Ignored, there to rail in Olympic superiority at the folly of mankind." - Reginald Kapp.
Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-10-2010 at 06:01

Quote: Originally posted by psychokinetic  
Quote:
In, future don't make organic peroxides

Now where's the fun in that?

So you can use your fingers and eyes for something else?

Edit, posted this before seeing somebody else had made the same observation.

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by Mr. Wizard]
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 12-10-2010 at 12:00

My point is that telling others to not try something new is ignorant.

This is the same reasoning why people won't be able to buy water one da BECAUSE IT'S A CHEMICAL.

Yes it is dangerous. Yes you need to take many, many precautions. If you don't, the world is better off without your fingers.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla

Go To Top