Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Security of reagent orders from chemical companies in this age of chemophobia, paranoia and the oppressive health and safety...
turd
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-2-2011 at 02:05

Quote: Originally posted by Regolith  
Yes, you are one of the people I'm laughing at :)

Good for you, laughing is the best medicine.

Psychopaths have existed for as long as humanity and they always had convenient excuses:
- a few hundred years ago: "The devil made me do it"
- forty years ago: "PCP made me do it"
- now: "Meth made me do it"
Never mind that amphetamines are a constant part of subculture since the 1950ies, but suddenly they are the devil himself. Or that about ten years ago ketamine, which has an action profile essentially identical to that of PCP, was very much en vogue. Curiously people didn't start to jump out of windows, etc. That alone makes your pseudo-scientific explanations go down the drain. The devil, PCP and meth are just cases of mass-psychosis and you don't call it "demonization" for nothing. If it wasn't for that demonization, I'm quite sure that PCP would be completely uninteresting except for a very very tiny part of the population (crazy Goths ;)). Indeed, PCP analogs can be sourced easily over the internet via the so called "RC-business" and nobody seems to care.

Quote:
@Turd: You tend to to rely on your own experience.

Not only, but definitely also, yes.

Quote:
Also I cannot help myself not noticeing the fact that some members not only openly show off they are into making dopes, but also discuss about the effects.
The more time passes, the more this forum starts to desintegrate before my eyes into cells, hexagonally shapped, all bound together, with the happy bees buzzing around.

Oh, please. We're not discussing the effects here for the effect's sake, but since it clearly shows that the media and politicians are full of shit (or criminals). I don't know if you are directly addressing my post in this thread, just to make it clear: the chemist wasn't me and it was before I even registered at this site. PCP (analogue) chemistry is quite nice, because it's metal organic chemistry that can be done in an amateur setting and the molecules have a nice look. The pharmacology is of course a drawback, but you don't have to eat them!
Regolith
Hazard to Self

Mood: Glacial

[*] posted on 10-2-2011 at 02:57

Yes C13H16ClNO has almost the same profile as C17H25N OH wait NO! there totally different drugs/chemicals. There is a reason ketamine is used still in veterinary medicine still and pcp is not.

What are you even talking about ? Is this your mental process ? The 2 both make you sleep.... THERE THE SAME DRUG....

Let me guess, by your reasoning the gov took down the twin towers and chem trails are mind control devices. The man just wants YOU to not have fun.

[Edited on 10-2-2011 by Regolith]
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 10-2-2011 at 07:57

I would ask that folks keep an open mind and examine history.

As an aside, if we were to look at seriously mindless slaughter from the period of the Great Khans to that of the Crusades certainly millions died at the hand of fellow humans in the most hideous, barbaric, & painful fashion for limited reasons of Empire building. In fact, during the reign of the Genghis Khan, "tribute" was even secondary for the group of tribes thought little of "symbolic wealth" (gold, etc) and traded, mostly for horses and workable goods). This was perhaps the greatest level of slaughter imaginable where upon battle-fields miles wide were littered with tens of thousands of dead. Millions had been put to the sword with causes so obscure that we can barely understand their conception, let alone their magnitude.
There was NO dope as per today's definition. Even opium, marijuana, etc were generally used medically and alcohol was not the pro-generator of such wide scale genocide.

The actions of some while under the influence, while deplorable has similar levels to that of mentally unstable individuals wherein brain chemistry (naturally occurring) accounted for similar horrors. My point is NOT to excuse actions taken under the influence but to point to a level of destructiveness that has been with man for quite a long time. The aspects of "cause & effect" may also lay in the same ratios & proportions.

Take one battle and then conceive of tens of thousands being killed manually with bladed weapons. The depth of the horror inflicted by man with NO mind altering materials not only flourished but expanded & that scope of such a thing is barely conceivable to modern thinking as this was "hand to hand" battles brought about by a whim.

While we could examine the use of drugs by some sub-groups in the initial elements of an act of violence (Assassins, etc) it hardly compares to the SOBER atrocities committed through history.
The use of alcohol or similar was utilized often as a means of relaxation or social adjustment (or even a means of addressing what may have been termed PTSD) AFTER such a slaughter; not the instigator.

[Edited on 10-2-2011 by quicksilver]

turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2011 at 00:26

Yes C13H16ClNO has almost the same profile as C17H25N OH wait NO! there totally different drugs/chemicals. There is a reason ketamine is used still in veterinary medicine still and pcp is not.

:o:o:o
I'll assume that you are genuinely ignorant of the topic and not trolling.
Only a connoisseur will be able to tell the difference between a PCP and a ketamine trip once reaching dissociative levels under double blind conditions. I'm quite sure I couldn't. Even DXM (totally different molecular structure) at dissociative doses is very similar with one fundamental difference - an absolutely terrible and long body hangover whereas PCP/ketamine give you a pleasant cotton feeling on come down which quickly passes.

I very much doubt that ketamine is chosen over PCP in veterinary applications for its different psychotropic effects. I'd rather believe that things like PCP being scheduled and a shorter time of action are relevant. But please feel free to check the literature and inform us. That raises an interesting issue: do animals experience the same effects and doesn't that make the use quite questionable?

Edit: And nobody tell me animals don't dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QrGDmJdaeI :P

[Edited on 11-2-2011 by turd]
Regolith
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-2-2011 at 02:04

Quote:

I'll assume that you are genuinely ignorant of the topic and not trolling.
What IS the topic here it's not Turd and how kewl he is and does piles of drugs. It's Security of reagent orders from chemical companies in this age of chemophobia, paranoia and the oppressive health and safety.... So it would appear YOUR the one totally ignorant of the topic.

Quote:

"I very much doubt that ketamine is chosen over PCP"

Your doubt doesn't effect the facts fortunately.

Quote:

"I very much doubt that ketamine is chosen over PCP in veterinary applications for its different psychotropic effects."

There are not getting the animal HIGH you fool there sedating it.

Quote:

"I'd rather believe that things like PCP being scheduled and a shorter time of action are relevant."

Your belief as show by a simple google search is incorrect.

Quote:

"But please feel free to check the literature and inform us. That raises an interesting issue: do animals experience the same effects and doesn't that make the use quite questionable?"

Your ramblings changing pace halfway through show how much functioning brain you have left, animals dreaming?... yes change the topic cause your loosing the argument.

Do you even know how to googe ?
http://www.ahc.umn.edu/rar/anesthesia.html
Oops checked the literature Oh look I'm right. It's almost like I deal in science and have doctors and engineers as my peers not the drooling meth head next to me as you seem to.

Notice pcp LIKE chemicals are listed but NOT under current use Ketamine IS. They also list it as a dissociative anesthetic like I've been saying one person here is right one is... well talking about dreaming animals.

All drugs aren't bad. Even some bad drugs done in moderation aren't bad. People do your own homework, don't listen to people like me and especially NOT turd, his own words show why you don't abuse things like pcp you end up with no working brain anymore and then tries to change the topic to dreaming animals :(.

This thread had wandered significantly since it's start.

[Edited on 11-2-2011 by Regolith]
turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2011 at 03:03

The link you posted just proves my point: PCP is a dissociative anesthetic, as is ketamine. The latter may have some advantages for veterinary applications but from a recreational drug point of view, they are pretty much the same. If you're such an expert in googling and don't trust my experience (why would I lie?), why don't you search for reports of people who have actually taken both? You will see that some say one is better, some say the other is better and some that they're basically the same. I tell you: it's all about set, setting and prior experience.

The reason why PCP is demonized is simply that it was a common street drug at a time. And that was due to the fact that the synthesis of PCP is much simpler than that of ketamine and that the effective dose is smaller by a factor of 10.

I was under the impression that everybody would be able to make the connection to dreaming: If animals dream, then chances are high that they are also able to experience the dissociated state of mind. Since I'm not an expert, I don't want to discuss the moral implications, but I have to wonder: why not use other anesthetics if there is some doubt? It's not like there is the risk of habit formation, since the pet going to the local junkie scene has not yet been seen.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 25-2-2011 at 07:23

Got Phenol?

Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari’s efforts to buy the one missing ingredient, a liquid chemical called phenol, prompted employees at Carolina Biological Supply and Con-Way Inc. to contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation with suspicions about the purchase and the buyer.

Link to story

Link to FBI affadavit

[Edited on 25-2-2011 by entropy51]
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 25-2-2011 at 08:06

Regolith please understand that you appear very confused and know little of the pharmacology of the compounds your talking about, PCP and Ketamine are both powerful NMDA receptor antagonist and if you fail to see the simularitys between the structure of the two compounds try to overlay one onto the other and see where your getting confused. There is a ring structure around the nitrogen in PCP that is not there in Ketamine along with some other modifications of the parent compound but your speaking very strongly about something that you appear to know little about.

Try not to take offense to this but with all the hate throwing towards people interested in bioactive compounds im not sure it would matter to me if offense is taken. Those who bitch about drug chemistry fail to grasp the concept that without it your lifespan would more then likely be around 40-50 years old at best not including the current toxins that everyother branch of chemistry releases into the air these days making if difficult to judge what the average lifespan should be without the advancements made in medical chemistry. So what if the compound affects the nervous system and makes it to the brain, does that make it that much worse then one that does not and is designed to save you in case of a heart attack?

How would one feel if there was a drug discovered that completely stopped aging and made someone close to immortal, or with 100% effectivness cured cancer or AIDs.......yet there was one "bad" side effect, that drug induced euphoria, would you think that drug was evil or a god send... in todays logic anything that induces euphoria is quickly labled as a heavy side effect and testing is pulled until they can modify the compound so you feel like shit to avoid abuse potential. The fear mongering going on here about bioactive compounds is no different then the fear mongering going around the general population about chemistry in general so I honestly think many need to take a step back and look at the picture as a whole instead of trying to class bioactive compounds as something completely different then the chemistry they deem acceptable. Its just like the cases of laymen and fear of chemistry, your fear comes from your lack of understanding.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
quicksilver
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-2-2011 at 12:21

There was a very interesting issue that took place some many years back re: an amino acid that produced serotonin, this was restricted by the FDA during a period where (within perhaps a weeks time frame) a number of SSRI's (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) were placed on the market.* as a side note, there is also some evidence to suggest that GHB may have some beneficial effects and could be controlled via prescription obviously but the competition for the patent would be disputed with more of a challenge than a "easier to individuate" SSRI's or related pharma-ligands. There is a great deal of money in pharmacology; excluding all the aspects of drug abuse as a moral issue.

If we were to put the moral issue to aside for a moment; the power of "big pharmacology" has a similarity with the need for alternative energy issues within most developed nations. In consequence, what may be productive for the nation as a whole is not always what is productive for the financial health of a company.
This brings a powerful issue to the fore front. Is patriotism (in the form of a nation's well) being more significant than a company's well being? Many people would suggest that the two issues can be inter-related or wed. However with much manufacturing being an agenda of the "lowest bidder" in most any free market, what is best for one may not be best for the other.

* Time Magazine (exact date to be added)

[Edited on 25-2-2011 by quicksilver]

anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-2-2011 at 17:21

Countries are kinda like giant corporations as well, and most companies don't want workers smoking cannabis or other substances because that may slow down production. This is one of the main reasons why there was so much fear-mongering and propaganda with marijuana being described as "the devil's cabbage" and how it would cause users to go insane. Then we see the exact same thing happen with MDMA, fake studies were put out about how it created "holes in the brain." And now that real studies are taking place in the age of the internet we see that it actually doesn't cause brain damage.

Combine the propaganda with Sedit's argument that a lack of understanding creates fear and we end up with uninformed and scared people.

Combine that with quicksilver's argument that big pharma has an interest in keeping "alternative medicines" illegal (as well as pretty much every other major lobby) and we end up with a demand for uninformed and scared people.

[Edited on 26-2-2011 by anotheronebitesthedust]
Regolith
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-2-2011 at 21:10

Sedit I simply wasn't going to run anymore (with turd) in the special olympics. I'm well aware of the structure of both drugs and there method of use. I do my own biochemistry research among my other hundred hobbies (I even breed my own research animals...). In fact your response was an enormous facepalm moment.

Have you read my other posts ? I'm not at all against drugs and I'm also on board with the idea that the gov often bans things that can be abused (by significant research marijuana was likely banned due to the cheaper fibre than cotton that could be made from it and pressure from cotton lobbyists, not it's psychoactive properties). I'm against people saying how amazing something is and how high it got them without any scientific data. Like turd and his drug group. Saying both drugs are the same and talking about the difference in high which is what was going on, is SUPPOSED to NOT be the purpose of this board. My responses were to tear down the cool drug idea, not drugs in general. So your on board with taking any random drug ? Good to know. Is meth a good drug (to you)? and/or would you abuse it ?

I havent posted any drug related synth here because of the shitstorms (Hello) that generally accompany them. In another thread I made sodium nitrite it was combined with GABA last night...(totally legal where I am)

I'm not on this board to gain knowledge (it has happened here and there in anecdotal fashion). I haven't needed to ask question one since I've been here. I'm a qualified scientist in my own right. I'm here because doing work for one is lonely.

Seriously the thread comes back after a week off and you post another drug related post? I stopped because it was badly off topic and I kept tripping over corkys hockey helmet. I've worked with cops and SEEN what crazy (perhaps already mentally disturbed) people do on drugs. I was on hand to take pictures of the aftermath of a cement mixer going down the highway at over a hundred and cutting a minivan in two killing the entire family. The guy was drunk as hell and tried to hide the bottle in the back of the mixer, (brilliant, that didn't preserve it for the police) no hard drugs just regular alcohol. So I'm also on board with the idea that some people are just not cut out for any mind altering substance and/or moderation. There are only a few companies that make the camera systems for the police in all north america (and also the standardized solution to calibrate the intox machines). I contract out to one of them. Apologies to those who get speeding tickets near me that's likely my co-worker who does the initial calibration of the radar, before selling to law enforcement.

I mean I even argued in another thread about mankind not going back to the dark ages to lower anthropogenic CO2. With YOUR exact fact of lower lifespans... If you were gonna choose a target here you really picked the wrong one. Your response seems seriously out of place to anyone who reads these threads in totality and not with the myopic view of just this one thread.

Here's icing on my cake.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/11/09/2010-11-...
Some people shouldn't take drugs, some can't handle it. I was going to post Charlie sheens train wreck life brought on by chronic drug abuse (he'l rehab and pen a million dollar book deal), but this is better. When things go wrong on drugs the results are often horrifying.
quicksilver
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-2-2011 at 07:27

HA! You did a good job bring together all the topics and rounding them off to and elegantly close.....Well I don't know how "elegant" CHARLIE SCHEEN is....THAT was a wasted life. Imagine being gifted with all the money anyone could truly want and instead of productive things you are so narcissistic, hedonistic, & childish that you grown organic in the damage done to your brain via alcohol & drug abuse? Have you ever HEARD the rambling of that idiot? It's actually (IMO of course) organic brain injury from over consumption, etc. Very few things that child says makes a bit of sense any longer. One rambling diatribe; sprinkled with made-up "clown verbiage".

Charlie Scheen is one of the best examples of why you should always investigate anything an actor says in [response to] matters of importance.

Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-2-2011 at 22:57

Regolith its very late where I am and would love to give a longer discussion right now but I am unable to, please do me a favor and reread my entire post above and see if it was all directed at you and you alone. Your generalizing my hate for ignorence of biological substances to all be directed at you and it is in no way true.

But this must be replied to since I take offence to it, please don't turn this thread into a shit storm because I kind of like this thread and its one of the few of its nature still alive even if its far removed from the starting topic...

""So your on board with taking any random drug ? Good to know. Is meth a good drug (to you)? and/or would you abuse it ?"""

Not a chance, I have never in my life EVER taken anything that will alter my body in any major way without first knowing everything I can about it. Is meth a good drug? Hell no look at these fools, is it good for me? Damn right! my doctors placed me on amphetamines years ago. SSRI destroyed my concentration and memory to the point where that extremely high IQ that almost got me sent to college at the age of 16 must have dropped a good 30 points atlest. Methyl-amphetamines have a lower toxicity profile then amphetamines and a more direct mode of action. Given the choice I would chose Methylamphetamines over Amphetamines I now get any day of the week but as luck would have it Amphetamines where largely established in the big pharm well before amphetamines became a problem to society so without being able to fully ban them Methamphetamine took the brunt of the blow because it was simpler to make and it didn't have someone lobbying for it. So to answer your question Yes, without amphetamines I am a shell of what SSRI lexapro left me with. I am in no way back to normal but atlest I don't stare at something such as a computer screen and wounder WTF I was about to do, which is something I delt with for over 2 years after lexapro before getting some of that ugly... horrible, terrible, Amphetamine into my system which in all honesty saved me from being in a nut house or a jail right now. Its ok for your kids who didn't get an A+ on the test to get 30mg time release of amphetamine a day in the form of adderall tripple salt amphetamine yet its not ok for your neighbor to have some less toxic, apperently less potent methyl-amphetamine?

I could go on but I really don't have time. I have no shame in who I am, I have done drugs yet I have done my homework, I have given to the poor who deserve it and I have punished those who don't. I feel pretty damn good about the person I have become and thats due to what I have experienced and seen in my life and I have a real problem with people that know nothing about what real effect something does yet sit and speak about it as though they have first hand experience. I can assure you my heart is much more pure then the people who passed the laws saying the things I have done in my life in the past are wrong. There is no question about it.

PS:Regolith the only reason my previous comment started with you was because of you obvious misunderstanding about the simularitys of Arylcyclohexylamine and nothing more.

[Edited on 28-2-2011 by Sedit]

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Regolith
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 00:56

Sedit you can just stop outright. I don't count you among my peers nor would I anyone who at the very least can't employ a spellchecker before posting. One of the most basic of human skills is the use of language.(please edit your post and correct yourself, I feel the need to respond to you just so the class doesn't think my silence gratifies your flawed response)

Your rambling about drug use I have no care for whatsoever. Are you trying to impress me with your being very young? Enough so to have used Lexapro (and been damaged by long term use, by 16) which has only been out for just under 10 years now?

You feel the need to try and brag which seems to be a result of my post, fascinating. Who put you on said antidepressant ? Your parents I assume? If this was the truth and you were harmed by it I guarantee there would have been a lawsuit as happens in the adult world. Further your bragging would have mentioned this. Thus I cannot conclude your testimony is true.

Your own life has been changed badly by the chronic use of drugs (prescribed or not). Yet your not onboard with my calls of caution. You try and make right your statements about abusing a veterinary anaesthetic. Again your statements cannot be judged as accurate. You also still try and seem to wish to sway my mind about drugs. I'm not against them.

You speak of a pure heart and yet you claim to have punished people who weren't deserving ? Those statements are in direct conflict with each other. I'm sure your punishing people matters to someone who isn't anybody here.

Next time to want to make a point use your amazing (drug ruined) intelligence and say what you want to without mentioning names. Use metaphors or other literary mechanisms.

I won't go so far as to call you a liar. However should you wish to prove yourself take a picture with or of your medication and redact what is necessary, put a post-it note or otherwise on it. Don't bother with a well worded response. Pictures of my own gear, research animals and products of my ability are right here on this board. This is the internet, pictures or it NEVER happened.

When compiling a thoughtful response to someone don't use things like "WTF" in the statement. No scientific paper that's ever going to be approved has that type of language in it. You should be treating the internet as a place that never ever forgets what you typed and thus try to be coherent. If you're too tired then post later when you are better rested.

Now, If you'll excuse me I'll be in other threads helping those who are still in active threads, not this one.

[Edited on 28-2-2011 by Regolith]
Magic Muzzlet
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 08:53

Sedit, you said you wouldn't use anything that would alter your body in a major way. Why did you start taking the SSRI's and all the other stuff from there? I thought it was a common knowledge once you enter the grip of pharma ie: take the prescriptions it only snowballs getting worse and worse and only ends up doing more harm than good.
I've read about all these things, and my only conclusion is that people who started taking these medications to "help" them only got worse.
I also know people who have started lexapro and related meds, they tell me the same thing. I mean, it does them no good, but the doc just keeps switching life ruining chemicals on them.
Why did you continue taking them? I look on the net for the meds you describe, all i think is that they are horrible for people to take.
Not having a go at you, just genuinely wondering why you continued.
turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 09:11

Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari’s efforts to buy the one missing ingredient, a liquid chemical called phenol[...]

Interesting. Last time I opened my bottle of phenol it was a solid with an appreciable vapor pressure.

Quote:
I havent posted any drug related synth here because of the shitstorms (Hello) that generally accompany them. In another thread I made sodium nitrite it was combined with GABA last night...(totally legal where I am)

ROTFL, you are a funny fellow! You cook GHB (of course totally legal where you are), the CNS depressant with an infamously steep dose/response curve that was linked to quite a few deaths in combination with alcohol, and give us lectures about the dangers of methamphetamine and phencyclidine? All that with a fervent display of self-confidence. Wow. :o

On the topic of methamphetamine I agree with Sedit: It's a tool and if you can't handle it, don't use it. For me personally - and I'm well aware that this is pure projection with no scientific foundation - it's also the archetype of all stimulants.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 09:31

Quote: Originally posted by turd  
Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari’s efforts to buy the one missing ingredient, a liquid chemical called phenol[...]

Interesting. Last time I opened my bottle of phenol it was a solid with an appreciable vapor pressure.
The stuff he ordered was Phenol, Liquid which is 88% Phenol.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 12:04

Sedit you can just stop outright. I don't count you among my peers nor would I anyone who at the very least can't employ a spellchecker before posting. One of the most basic of human skills is the use of language.(please edit your post and correct yourself, I feel the need to respond to you just so the class doesn't think my silence gratifies your flawed response)

Your rambling about drug use I have no care for whatsoever. Are you trying to impress me with your being very young? Enough so to have used Lexapro (and been damaged by long term use, by 16) which has only been out for just under 10 years now?

You feel the need to try and brag which seems to be a result of my post, fascinating. Who put you on said antidepressant ? Your parents I assume? If this was the truth and you were harmed by it I guarantee there would have been a lawsuit as happens in the adult world. Further your bragging would have mentioned this. Thus I cannot conclude your testimony is true.

Your own life has been changed badly by the chronic use of drugs (prescribed or not). Yet your not onboard with my calls of caution. You try and make right your statements about abusing a veterinary anaesthetic. Again your statements cannot be judged as accurate. You also still try and seem to wish to sway my mind about drugs. I'm not against them.

You speak of a pure heart and yet you claim to have punished people who weren't deserving ? Those statements are in direct conflict with each other. I'm sure your punishing people matters to someone who isn't anybody here.

Next time to want to make a point use your amazing (drug ruined) intelligence and say what you want to without mentioning names. Use metaphors or other literary mechanisms.

I won't go so far as to call you a liar. However should you wish to prove yourself take a picture with or of your medication and redact what is necessary, put a post-it note or otherwise on it. Don't bother with a well worded response. Pictures of my own gear, research animals and products of my ability are right here on this board. This is the internet, pictures or it NEVER happened.

When compiling a thoughtful response to someone don't use things like "WTF" in the statement. No scientific paper that's ever going to be approved has that type of language in it. You should be treating the internet as a place that never ever forgets what you typed and thus try to be coherent. If you're too tired then post later when you are better rested.

Now, If you'll excuse me I'll be in other threads helping those who are still in active threads, not this one.

[Edited on 28-2-2011 by Regolith]

You can cry about my spell checking abilitys all you wish yet I stated at the very start I was short on time when typing that message and thats that! I have seen these sort of complaints to have a pattern that when someone is not competent enough to "argue" or sustain the debate they resort to name calling, spell check whinning and a desire to have the thread they are in closed. Here we call those type of people trolls.

I am not submitting this for publication in a paper I am writting this mainly as a word of caution but that brings up my main important fact I wish to share with you and I will place it in nice big bold letters as you wish so that indeed you will understand it this time.

Your reading and comprehension abilitys are well below par and I can now see after having only a short discussion with you why everyone trying to speak with you is having issues. I was not 16 on Lexapro I was much older... They wanted to send me to college when I was 16 after being expelled from highschool for violent acts against the principle. The Lexapro was perscribed to me after I had a very long talk with one of the only knowledgeable psychiatric doctors I have ever spoken with. I knew that my anxietys where controlled with ease using sub theraputic doses of Alprazolam yet I spent much time discussing the receptor behavior of the GABA system and explained to him that I did not want the quick fix of Xanax anymore since its effects where not permanant and I did not wish to spend my entire life on medication in order to be able to socialize in public. I knew I had very bad instant reactions from Prozac and worse Zoloft and Effexor. When going thru clinics such as this you either take what they give you or you get no treatment at all and this is in the mission statement you sign when you walk thru the door. They first attempted Amitriptyline and after a single dose of 100mg I had completely lost my mine. The effects where almost exactly that of PCP matter of fact. I fell asleep and when someone woke me up to go lay down in bed I was suddenly wide awake, reality was very distorted and it was as though I was dreaming while awake. I was unable to sleep as the walls melted and I heard voices which is a hallucination I never experienced before. The worse part of all was I had no controlle over my arms and to a lesser extent my legs which literally beat the shit out of myself all night long due to strang uncontrolable spasms. This turns out to be a blessing because its how they found out I was bipolar. It has been known for sometime that Amitriptyline has a very harmful adverse reaction in Bipolar patients. Not that child hood bipolar shit where "oh my kids having mood swings medicate him" but an odd brainwave pattern and lower blood flow to the right hemisphere of my brain IIRC redirecting it to the left. My doctor decided to try the new SSRI on the market known as lexapro in combination with a Benzodiazapine that had a longer half life allowing for better dose administration.

Lexapro and Clonazapam combination worked wounders for the first few weeks to perhaps a month but unknown to me until just recently something known as downregulation of the seretonin receptors comes into effect around that same time. This is when I started to first show signs of problems and recent research of mine into it indicates that the nightly 105 degree F fevers, the uncontrolable tremors hallucinations,seizures alone with a list of other side effects could have possibly been the result of Seretonin syndrome which is something I knew nothing about at the time and did not have internet connection. The effects of the Clonazapam mostly masked these symptoms until I tryed to speak with a new doctor about it and they thru there paranoid mindset caused by modern teachings felt these effects where caused by Benzodiazapine abuse and cut my dose by 1/3 of the Clonazapam. This is when the shit hit the fan and to answer a bit of Magic Muzzlets answer at the same time, by then my mind was far enough gone to just keep eating them and walk around like a zombi all the time if I was even awake enough to do that since severe sedation sets in at times.

Now once again I will put this in bold because I feel you need this inorder for your brain to process what your reading correctly,

You must slow down when you read, you are not getting what your eyes are seeing. Up until you came into this thread no one advocated drug use. We where having a discussion on the harmful effects PCP has on society and the physical effects that vary from person to person. The main discussion was wether or not it or any substance could alter ones personality enough to turn a very mild mannered person into a crazy baby killer so to speak. You suggested that you where going to leave this thread and by all means I wish you would since this is one of the very few times drugs have ever been discussed here without turning into a shit storm and you come along and misread EVERY single post you have responded to and blurted out some nonsence that completely missed the point of the post you responded to in an attempt to start an argument. I will once again remind you that around here we call that a troll.

You got almost every single fact you read from my post wrong. Im not sure how but you have and you did so repeatedly not once but twice. Entropy here is one of our harsher drug critics yet he has been able to hold a mature discussion about drugs and personality. With all your ranting im rather convinced that im not the one who has been seriously affected by drug use.

Please, if this thread and these people bug you so much just forget about this thread and leave it alone so that we can for once have a civil discussion on drugs without it being sent to the trash bin. Do you have enough respect for the people of this forum to atlest do that?

Quote: Originally posted by Magic Muzzlet  
Sedit, you said you wouldn't use anything that would alter your body in a major way. Why did you start taking the SSRI's and all the other stuff from there? I thought it was a common knowledge once you enter the grip of pharma ie: take the prescriptions it only snowballs getting worse and worse and only ends up doing more harm than good.
I've read about all these things, and my only conclusion is that people who started taking these medications to "help" them only got worse.
I also know people who have started lexapro and related meds, they tell me the same thing. I mean, it does them no good, but the doc just keeps switching life ruining chemicals on them.
Why did you continue taking them? I look on the net for the meds you describe, all i think is that they are horrible for people to take.
Not having a go at you, just genuinely wondering why you continued.

No offense taken at all Muzzlet and its a very good question indeed. I researched alot about Lexapro and had several sessions with my doctor before he convinced me to try it. At the time its selectivity for a specific 5-HT receptor due to sterospecificness it was touted as the safe SSRI medication and at first it appeared just that. No real harmful effects appeared until weeks into its use. I was told this was "adjustment symptoms" and I had convinced myself that if indeed something was going to fix me for life to do away with medications and drugs forever there may be a period where the body goes a little off. Sadly I was on it for over 2 years. The only internet access I had at the time was when I visited my parents and that time was normally so brief I never even got on the computer to find that others where going thru the same stuff. I ended up going ballistic in the end and I ruined my entire house thru a psychotic break completely taking the walls down to bear studs for the most part and leaving broken waterlines from ripped off sink running to flood the place. It could be worse. I could be like all the other horrible people you see on the news on shooting sprees when they reach this point. If one wants to do there homework they will see almost every mass shooting in the US that made the news since columbine shooting was from a person on SSRIs. Lexapro seems to be causing an increase from the looks of it.

I did not like seeing the doctors for reasons like you said I felt they messed up alot of people but there comes a point in some peoples life like myself where you realize that if the current state of mind continues you will be a completely worthless in society since I just could not socialize without very great difficulty obtaining and holding a job was getting harder and harder. Even if I managed to get a job while in the so called manic phase of this disorder, where you could ace a job interview with ease, theres good odds that a few weeks, a few months to a year later your brain chemistry is going to flip again and thats the point where working a normal job is impossible.

Now, with all that out of the way, you are in luck Regolith, I recently started to do sort of spring cleaning on old stuff I had when I moved from the house I destroyed and did find some of my Lexapro which I have been off for around 3 years I believe. If you promise to remove yourself from this thread I will gladly post you picture of my medication I was on. Your presense in this thread has been uncontructive and without value.

Thank you for taking the time to read this since im sure you have, and have a nice day

~Sedit

Regolith
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 22:05

I don't want this thread closed I wish YOU would have started by responding to the post about JihadJoe trying to make picric acid and failing.

I had STOPPED in my fighting of turd and had allowed another to have the last word.

Turd, Thats AMAZING what process do you know of that does a spontaneous catalyzation (without any outside chemicals) of GBL(legal) to GHB(illegal). Your were saying something about not knowing the difference between 2 chemicals... Are you kidding me ? You and Sedit and both in my same bag.

Seriously you know what?
Here's like your post never happened because I wanted to talk about this fool buying phenol in quantity when simply using aspirin for his detonator would have worked. JihadiJoe went looking at supply companies who know what these sort of chemicals can be made into.

This should be a note for those trying to buy raw chemicals, they don't just say okie dokie, here's your bomb chemicals. They ask questions and will possibly let the police know. Have a proper reason for what you need and/or make the products yourself.

If he was going to make the whole bomb from picric acid. I doubt he would have made it all the way to the bomb site. If he didn't know the where as to find phenol that wasn't a chemical supply company. He likely didn't have information about its corrosive properties and the salts made from storing it in most metal containers, like say a metal pipe. We may have found pieces of him on the way to the post office when bomb 1 has corroded nicely and sets off the others he would have been sending. According to testimony it's likely he was going to send or dropoff a couple and walk one in, receiving his shipment of virgins. He wasn't taking chemistry (what he was claiming) for those not wanting to read through pages of boredom. He was a business student, examples of how lying when trying to get your chemicals can only come back to bite you in the ass.

His affidavit is interesting. He obtained his nitric (30 liters of it, 448.36$ bucks total, not bad for 70%) and had it shipped to a fedex right near his house which he claimed was his business. He was denied at first cause it was going to an apartment. He got that and his sulphuric acid all the way to his place. I mean if he had gone with any other nitrated explosive it's likely he would have done it. I mean instead of picric or toluene (extreme quantities of nox produced when created) nitrate xlyene instead. It's only through the seeming stupidity of these guys that they haven't blown anything up recently. Or perhaps this is a cultural thing they are making bombs based on what they can get before coming here, phenol isn't a common chemical in it's raw state here. I haven't been to the middle east recently someone who has want to take a picture of phenol right next to the orange juice and infidel blood ? You just can't get the same from artificial infidel blood, totally different taste.

He actually had a book writing the important things like changing clothes in New york and renting cars, plans to put the bombs in dolls or bags of diapers. Note to self, run like hell if I find a random bag of pampers on my doorstep. He wrote his name in his bomb manual, I mean this was just arrogance as to he wouldn't have anyone figure this out.

Edit to remove offensive line, perhaps the topic should return to the stated topic? not PCP discussion ?
Further edited to remove additional confrontational mention of age.

Final edit to remove the directed offence, I take strong issue with the abuse of meth in all forms however this fight tires me.

[Edited on 1-3-2011 by Regolith]
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 23:09

Quote:
.I've taught classes of kids older than you.

And plenty who taught your generation would disagree with you as well! "I'm older than you" does not constitute an argument.

Regolith, your tone is insulting and aggressive. No more of this! Posters are entitled to share their opinions, but only when done with respect.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
Regolith
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 23:15

Please also look into my fact that I HAD left this alone and someone else decided to kick me again...
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-3-2011 at 01:23

Polverone, can we please ban Regolith? He has very little value to this forum what so ever and has proven himself a troll in this thread and since he's relatively new I can only expect more to come.

Regolith, Im not going to risk this thread being sent to the trash bin like your pathetic trollin ass wishes so what Im going to do is tear you a new ass hole via private message when im done my studio time doing something constructive tommorow other then making you understand you about as worthless as something I left in my john this morning right now.

Go to hell my brother, atlest there you will be with all your trouble making freinds, quit chemistry while your at it because your not that good at it and your ego is much larger then your ability to understand..... Fucking trolls, this aint a bridge bro, why are you even here?

You wanted proof, I offer it to you. I WILLLLLLLLLLL show you my medication if you never show your face around here again if thats what it takes, I just bought a new digi camera today anyway and found some of my old meds but if your dumb ass is expecting me to show you the lable, name and all your more foolish then I thought.. all you will get is a file of 10mg lexapro pictures for god knows what reason you want them, and thats it, I dispise you and you are the type of people that cause the rest of the "drug using community" to put it in a means I hate to put it in, to have a bad name!. You have no focus, you cant read a full sentance without blurting out non-sence ect...ect... YOU HAVE NO VALUE HERE!

For the first time in my life on this forum I am going to do something I have never done. I am going to personally ask polverone to move this to an area of the forum which im pretty sure you have no access to. If you follow I will request a ban. Fuck your half hearted self and the horse you road in on.

OH, And BTW Dont think im dumb enough to think your just some egotistical newbee so why dont you drop the sock puppet act and come clean instead of hidding behing a new SN you friggin coward!!!!!!

PS: Note to mods, please don't end this thread becausxe of this fool. Theres one in every bunch and alot more could be gained from ending his discussion here instead of all of ours.

PS:Heres where you fully fucked up and I seen how stupid you really where, besides the previous post where you showed your inability to read and comprehend a sentance

""Intelligent people know what abuse of methamphetamine does to a person long term."

Is that so? So your much smarted the everyone since around the 1920s or so who have found amphetamines to cure almost every ailment in the book from arthristes to depression, pain, ...... Awww screw it, your just a dumb ass 16-23 year old pot head who got the world figured out so im not even going to waste more time on trying to educate you in what your lacking. You wouldnt get it anyway so why bother. The problem with amphetamines is when egotistical people such as yourself get ahold of them and an decide that they need to take over the area they rule.... Hitler is a prime example of this but you no nothing about that either more then likely.... well good by freind it was nice knowing you... if only sarcasm was simple to type on a computer I wouldnt have to type so many of these worthless words your just going to mis interperate anyway.

Loser! That should get the point across, its in bold so you might see it.

[Edited on 1-3-2011 by Sedit]

Regolith
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 1-3-2011 at 01:46

Sedit I already vented to madscientist. You and I have both done our goto hecks to each other in one fashion or another. Fighting takes far too much energy, lets agree to hate one another and continue this thread back on track.

I give permission right here for the mods to look as deep as possible (I do have excellent firewalls) into my IP and MAC address. I'm not anyone whose ever been here before. Your not the first to suggest that to me, I was mistaken for entropy as well.... :P.

I agree I do have an ego, the jobs I've had and am at often stroke it.

The topic was last that Middle eastern gent who was trying to buy phenol. For the sake of getting along my post has been truncated by me to remove the offensive statements. I needed someone with sense to yell at and madscientist provided that. I'm extremely polarized about methamphetamine abuse and you whip that into a frenzy.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-3-2011 at 01:59

I almost thought you where entropy as well but the writting style is different and I know he has enough knowledge about this subject to not make the blatent foolish remarks you are. He may hate drugs but atlest he knows what he hates. You on the other hand are a blind man beating a scarecrow because you think hes the one that tryed to take your wallet. Your lack of knowledge about what you speak is over shadowed by your ego and if you would slow down you would see I WAS defending you at the start of our conversation yet you just could not comprehend when I tryed to explain the overlay pattern between various Arylcyclohexylamine. Rarely do I say this because I normally converse with people who know way more on the subject then me but for once please, do me a favor, shut up and listen instead of feeling the urge to type as soon as you read a post and then after researching to see if I was right or not..... Then respond and I would be more then happy to have a discussion with you.

turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-3-2011 at 02:24

Turd, Thats AMAZING what process do you know of that does a spontaneous catalyzation (without any outside chemicals) of GBL(legal) to GHB(illegal).

Well GBL certainly is a prodrug of GHB (simple saponification) and in your reaction you will make GHB at least intermediately. So I wouldn't count on it being legal, c.f. ALD-52. Anyway, as usual, you completely missed the point: For all I care you could make benzilic acid esters, as long as you don't give them to other people. But it's downright absurd that you make a downer like GHB (or GBL, same same) which is extremely hard to handle and physically addicting and give us lectures on the dangers of methamphetamine. Of the two situations:
- Drunk guy with impaired judgement takes too much GHB and dies
- Drunk guy with impaired judgement takes a long line of speed and has a nasty 24 h of sleeplessness before him
I'd choose the second one. Seriously.

BTW: It is clear from your language ("spontaneous catalyzation", "combined", etc...) that you are not a chemist, so don't pretend to be one.

As for the phenol guy: it occurs to me that I have all the chemicals to make picric acid, TNT and glycerol trinitrate AND I've said things like "I'll blow this shit up" when angry. I guess I should turn myself in to the counter-terrorist agency. :P
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top