Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hpw to find independent chemical venders who sell to individuals
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

sad.gif posted on 10-5-2019 at 11:57
Hpw to find independent chemical venders who sell to individuals

Does anyone know an independant supplier or how to find one who will ship to individuals. I have an LLC, but cant afford to buy a commercial space yet. I just need a few things to begin making money to expand business and eventually buy commercial space. Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 15:14

We don't know where you live.
We don't know what volume of materiel you'll be ordering.

These things may matter if you want a useful answer.

I haven't bought LAH in years, but around here I'd just go to the proper store and buy it over the counter. I did have to sign for it though. Others I knew would hire a shill for that to avoid a paper trail. (I wasn't doing anything nefarious, so I had few worries).
I bet that'd be tough to do in some countries.

I do know from my reading here that if you were, say, in Britain, that my advice would be next to useless since I'm in California and the regulations and business practices are totally different.

[Edited on 10-5-2019 by SWIM]

Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 15:28

Quantities under 100 grams
Michigan
monolithic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 17:53

Quote: Originally posted by SWIM  
We don't know where you live.
We don't know what volume of materiel you'll be ordering.

These things may matter if you want a useful answer.

I haven't bought LAH in years, but around here I'd just go to the proper store and buy it over the counter. I did have to sign for it though. Others I knew would hire a shill for that to avoid a paper trail. (I wasn't doing anything nefarious, so I had few worries).
I bet that'd be tough to do in some countries.

I do know from my reading here that if you were, say, in Britain, that my advice would be next to useless since I'm in California and the regulations and business practices are totally different.

[Edited on 10-5-2019 by SWIM]

Damn, where do you live that they sell LAH over the counter?
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 19:03

Its stupid they restrict it. I need it for legit commercial and research purposes. I Used it and ordered it all the time in graduate school to reduce everything reliably. It's nickname is the "hammer". Its not dangerous as long as you flush and have a nitrogen blanket and quench under ice with slow addition of cold water/dilute NaOH. Never had a problem. The biggest danger in the lab was the fucking iranian student who broke the fridge and knocked over a shelf with all the pyrophorics and thiols, especially the fucking methyl methacrylate. I had to get respirator training and clean everything up. They should restrict and ban stupid people. Now im trying to start a chemical company and all the best chems are tough to get. How do you get it over the counter in california of all places? Does the LiAlH4 come with a magazine size restrictor, a 7 day waiting period, ammo background check, and on the spot psych eval and drug test? Lol

SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 19:16

San Francisco bay area, but this was years ago. Late 90s.
Mercuric chloride and THF, concentrated hydriotic acid and dinitrotoluene too.

A place over in The east Oakland sold pretty much anything. They were always getting sued by the authorities.

There were a few other little places that would order LAH and ether if the owner liked you, or thought you were a professional.

Hi-media was selling LAH through Amazon last year, and sometimes it comes up on Ebay.

I haven't tried buying through them as I have no need for it; but I've heard Hi-media isn't too picky about shipping addresses.

Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 19:47

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a registered amazon business account so hopefully that helps. I will keep checking. I have been super surprised what Ive been able to find on amazon. Its all good quality. Anyone ever have an success with Red-Al?
karlosĀ³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 19:51

My supplier(although it is in europe) for Red-Al sells that stuff on ebay too.
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 20:03

Thanks so much for your help!

Go To Top