Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: General question about experience with picric acid
Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 03:50

I was interested to see how the presence of NOx would affect the process and if it could be managed.

On the second try the runaway ejected part of the content on the beaker on it's surrounding. I am still wondering how the wooden counter was not affected (cleaned easily) and the plastic of one of the gel packs was covered in what has every appearance of white paint.

Back to picric acid, my opinion is that as an historical EM it is very interesting. Lots of data and stories about it.
Also, the three stage nitration teaches a lot and makes you think about what is going on and how to perfect it.
caterpillar
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 14:18

Once I got runaway, making NG. I was standing behind the door and waiting for an explosion. But it didn't happen. Back to picric acid, yeah. Nice compound for beginners. Ammonium picrate can be mixed with AN and used as a component of rocket fuel- 45% of AP, 45% of NaNO3 and 10% of some binder (epoxy for example). Kalium salt of PA burns quickly, leaving black smoke, but explodes, been ignited in confinement- it this case there will be very few smoke. PA is the precursor to DDNP. And it is the only my proposition, but a solid guess- 0.5 gr of lead picrate + 1-2 gr of pressed PA and you have a blasting cup.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top