Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Are there step by step guides about trading chemicals online?
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-5-2019 at 23:28
Are there step by step guides about trading chemicals online?

I want some chemicals which my local supplier doesn't have.
Also I have some chemicals which I think I don't need that much so I want to sell some of them, but I don't think there will be someone living in my city here which I can trade face to face by cash.
So I may need to buy chemicals online but I don't know how to do this. From your previous posts I know that there are some suppliers that will sell to individuals, and also ebay, but all of them seem to be in EU/N america.
I want to know are there any asian suppliers, best not china, that offer reasonable prices?
Are there step by step guides about trading chemicals online? Starting from setting up payment methods/money receiving methods, finding reliable shipping companies, to getting the package from the post office or similar services, ways to prevent from being scammed or have my payment account hacked.:(
Thank you.

[Edited on 190601 by fusso]

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 31-5-2019 at 23:57

I don't think anyone has ever prepared a step by step guide. Too many variables.

Anything I buy comes via four routes. In order,
Otc locally
Aus chem suppliers with online stores.
Ebay, usually Chinese sellers
European suppliers with online stores. Notably, onyxmet.

I am also fortunate to have bought an elderly gentleman's entire lab at a garage sale. And I also raided the waste pile of ancient chems from a school I worked at.

CobaltChloride
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-6-2019 at 01:34

In the EU at least it's very simple because there's no border checks so you can easily order chemicals from different EU countries. I've gotten stuff from Poland, Germany, Bulgaria and the UK before without problems. Also even from Serbia, a non EU country.

I usually just use PayPal for transferring the money and I was never scammed, although many of the people I traded with are fellow amateur chemists from those countries and they're also my friends.

It might help us if you actually told us your country. Asia is a whole continent and laws and restrictions are bound to vary widely between different countries.
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-6-2019 at 06:06

Quote: Originally posted by CobaltChloride  
It might help us if you actually told us your country. Asia is a whole continent and laws and restrictions are bound to vary widely between different countries.
You can simply recommend a few shipping companies and their general procedures and I can check whether they have businesses in my country. Thank you.

SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-6-2019 at 12:42

So you live in Turkey, the Kamchatka peninsula, or somewhere in between.

And we're supposed to post recommendations for companies on the off-chance that one might ship to the one of the 48 countries in Asia that you happen to live in?

Let's do this instead: post the names of all chemical suppliers you find on the internet which have businesses in your country.
If you manage to post one I am familiar with and can recommend, I will do that.:P

morganbw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-6-2019 at 12:34

If I need/want to buy a chemical it is usually eBay or Amazon. To be truthful, I have received the wrong item a couple of times. Some of the Chinese vendors may send you, (well who knows what it actually is).
There is no step by step anything in life.
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 3-6-2019 at 13:52

I got chemicals easily from asia(may had to repay tax at customs though) and you cannot get them in asia?
I don't get it.
Are you really located in asia? Your english skills doesn't look like it(or you're from japan, from which I know a chemist and he speaks it better than me).

Go To Top