Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Help with CHP
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 11-7-2021 at 13:03

Not total wet. On first look the agglomerates seems dry. Same a like salt or sucrose in kitchen. Or ammonium nitrate. They are also not dry never. There is also content of water in crystals. In CHP is moisture of ammonia water, which causes easy DDT and his typical smell. For example, old CHP or too much dry CHP can be activated. A few drop of ammonia water, create dense porridge and dry again shortly. His DDT properties will renewed.

Safety explosive Alfred Nobel 1867. Safety ecologic detonator Dr. Liptakov 2015, inventor of CHP
Brightthermite
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-7-2021 at 16:56

Awh I understand now what you mean. My "air dried" CHP always smells strongly of ammonia and if touched with you bare skin feels how I could only describe as greasy (still having ammonia).
Gargamel
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-7-2021 at 14:06

Had some nice firecrackers with 5mm papertubes.

Test in 5mm inner / 6mm outer diameter copper pipe failed

PETN @ 500psi
CHP @ 200psi
CHP @ 80psi
CHP @ 20psi around the fuse

The PETN left a white disk on the witness plate, some blue streaks indicate the the CHP did no go DDT...

Maybe 0,5mm wall thickness was too optimistic :(

[Edited on 18-7-2021 by Gargamel]
Brightthermite
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-7-2021 at 15:47

Quote: Originally posted by Gargamel  
Had some nice firecrackers with 5mm papertubes.

Test in 5mm inner / 6mm outer diameter copper pipe failed

PETN @ 500psi
CHP @ 200psi
CHP @ 80psi
CHP @ 20psi around the fuse

The PETN left a white disk on the witness plate, some blue streaks indicate the the CHP did no go DDT...

Maybe 0,5mm wall thickness was too optimistic :(

[Edited on 18-7-2021 by Gargamel]

Ill note that I do not get very fancy with pressing my CHP. I load the .7 grams in maybe .15 grams at a time and just press it flat by hand. The CHP grain size is pretty fine tho, like fine sand. I believe some of the voids are what help it DDT.
MineMan
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-7-2021 at 12:55

You need 1-2mm grains. Like bright said, needs to be like sand. That test is not too optimistic, I think LL showed it works in a thin aluminum tube too. I bet carbon fiber arrow works great as well. To be blunt, CHP is pretty fool proof, if it’s not working it’s not the finesse, rather a major detail. Only one I can think of is grain size.
Gargamel
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-7-2021 at 12:23

Mine are definitely smaller, more like 600µ or so.
Fine sand...

May I ask what mesh size sieves you guys used?

Also I found my crystals weren't much bigger before I granulated. Although I gave them a slow cooldown, ample time to grow...

Also I found that the crystals aren't very tough, or at least it felt like it... I felt that there was nothing more to compress at values much lower than LL gave in his videos. The voids between the granules seem to collapse rather quickly...

edit:
Recrystalisation from concentrated spirit of ammonia seems to be the right way...?

[Edited on 20-7-2021 by Gargamel]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-7-2021 at 12:29

Again, much more important than grain size is the right way to prepare CHP. 4.4g TACP + 0.3g hexamine + 0.3g NH4ClO4. Moisten the ingredients with ammonia water to the consistency of the slurry. Rub to the consistency of mashed potatoes, without visible grains. Push the semi-dry slurry through a 2x2 mm sieve. Dry on a surface of 50 C for 5 minutes. Enclose in an airtight container. If the CHP is properly prepared, it also works in a 6/8 mm aluminum cavity. And only 2 densities are enough. 0.3g on 30 Kg. (50Kg) And 0.7g compressed to, for example, 5 Kg. (3 - 10 Kg). If you use PETN, you can simply mixing with CHP 1:1. And pressed into cavity for example on 10 Kg. However beware. CHP is alkaline compound. Can degradate PETN after a one week partially. Same conditions are for ETN. 1:1, heterogenous mixture.

Safety explosive Alfred Nobel 1867. Safety ecologic detonator Dr. Liptakov 2015, inventor of CHP
Gargamel
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-7-2021 at 01:03

OK, next time.

So - the CuO method is now "officially" discouraged?

MineMan
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2021 at 15:02

OK, next time.

It does not make sense to me. Maybe it works with stronger ammonia, but…. I find it is impossible to separate out. tACP is really soluable, so if you let it sit too long in the mother liquid or trying to extract it, it’s a pain. You will end up with jars of blue liquid that you realize is too much work to tackle and all your AP is gone! Where did it go, it went into these blue jars. Maybe LL knows a way…. But
Brightthermite
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-7-2021 at 18:13

OK, next time.

Yeah the CuO method has never worked very well for me
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-10-2021 at 14:14

Ammonia water must be (for TACP separation) maximally concentrated and cooled to zero Celsius, or -10 C.
25% concentration of ammonia water (or higher) is the basis of success.

MineMan
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-10-2021 at 23:33

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Ammonia water must be (for TACP separation) maximally concentrated and cooled to zero Celsius, or -10 C.
25% concentration of ammonia water (or higher) is the basis of success.

I meant separating TACP from CuO
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-10-2021 at 10:20

Oh yes sorry for my English. For example, a small amount of CuO in TACP 1-5% does not have a negative effect on energy properties. However, it is always better to use metallic copper, sheets, wires for the reaction. With an excess for the reaction of, for example, 100% relative to the stoichiometric weight. These can be easily removed after the reaction.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top