Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Analytical Lab Testing?
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 08:10
Analytical Lab Testing?

I don't want to break the rules or anything here, but I wanted to know if it is poor form to offer analytical lab testing services to the members here? I have my own equipment and company, but if that is not allowed here I understand. I just wanted to offer. Thanks
Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 09:49

I think on the contrary this can be very interesting.

Let us know more :P

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 10:01

we are very interested as many of us can afford the money or the space to have all the instruments necessary for a real analysis, but we are moatly on the cheap side of prices and scattered around the world so if you can give as a range of locations and prices would be great

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 11:28

Whew ok I thought it might be breaking a rule or something. Well in short I spent a lot of time and a lot of debt to start my own analytical lab. At the same time I have always been a fan/admirer of everything sciencemadness and all so I just wanted to offer my services to the good folks here just as a means to do cool stuff for people.

In my lab I have FTIR,FTIR Microscope, GCMS, Pyrolysis GCMS, TGA, DSC, and I work with a gentleman who got me into this type of business who runs and SEM-EDS. Im hoping one day to get a benchtop NMR but that has not happened just yet. I do work for a bunch of different companies, but I also do work for individuals. So.. that's what I do haha.
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 11:31

Shoot I forgot! I also have an XRD :D
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 11:34

Nice, this would be very useful I am sure.

But more details are necessary.

Where are you based? How should samples be sent? How are results returned? How long will it take? How much will it cost? etc. etc.

I have an HPLC in my garage, perhaps I could offer my services too. Hmm....
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 11:38

an HPLC in your garage, thats awesome! let me know what kind of detectors your have on your instrument, people who do good LC work are hard to find.

https://www.mooreanalytical.com/

Most of the information people need are in the link here, as far as prices are concerned I have some set prices for routine stuff like FTIR and what not, but most of my stuff is quoted out depending on the project and how complex the request is. I do offer the SciencMadness member discount of course :cool:
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 11:47

Quote: Originally posted by Bmoore55  

https://www.mooreanalytical.com/

Most of the information people need are in the link here, as far as prices are concerned I have some set prices for routine stuff like FTIR and what not, but most of my stuff is quoted out depending on the project and how complex the request is. I do offer the SciencMadness member discount of course :cool:

Thanks for the link. I've had a quick look at the site and I don't see any set prices listed for FTIR though.

Quote: Originally posted by Bmoore55  
An HPLC in your garage, thats awesome! let me know what kind of detectors your have on your instrument, people who do good LC work are hard to find.

I currently only have a variable wavelength detector. Actually, I have two VWDs but one needs a new lamp so it's not in use.

Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-7-2019 at 11:56

Sorry I misspoke, what I meant is the price for a typical IR spectra with data processing, library matching, and interpretation are a fixed rate. I don't post my rates on my website because of issues I have had with certain competitors in my area. But in short I have been charging $200.00 for a full data workup and the prices can fluctuate depending on how much work I have to do. Like I said that is my rate for industry, folks from here get a good discount of which I am still trying to determine what is fair. Seeing as how there is a lot of people who do good work on little budget I am kinda fishing for what is fair price to this community.

Go To Top