Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What are your “go-to”/favorite one stop shop internet sites for buying chemicals?
LD5050
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 15:52
What are your “go-to”/favorite one stop shop internet sites for buying chemicals?

I’m sure there is already a thread for this but I didn’t even bother to “UTFSB” because I don’t want to find and click 10 year old links to vendors that are out of business now/don’t sell to individuals any more because some inexperienced ass blew his arms off screwing around with things he shouldn’t have been screwing around with....

I’m looking for reliable established companies or rather just one online shop with an extensive catalog of laboratory grade or better, organic/inorganic chemicals and reagents THAT SELL TO INDIVIDUALS. I know, I know..this is a lot to ask for lol.... also I reside in the US so I preferably would like to find companies from within the States so I don’t have to wait weeks for my order to arrive.
I know there is always Ebay and the like but those types of sites/suppliers are not always reliable or trust worthy. Speaking of trust worthy there is always MARIO840 from Sciencemadness here that can get what ever chemical one needs and he is some one I definitely recommend 100% to anyone looking for the “harder to get” chemicals and even not so hard to get chems I suppose.

So..if there is anyone here that can recommend a good laboratory supply website/company please share it would be much appreciated.

I guess for starters I can recommend:
www.sciencestuff.com

I have ordered from them before and received quick shipping and neatly labeled well packaged laboratory chemicals and equipment. Also some of the pricing on different things is super cheap!
monolithic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 17:18

www.chemsavers.com sells to individuals. I think it's family owned, so they're very reasonable to deal with.
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 18:34

I can not recommend chemsavers enough! They are fantastic to work with! I am part of a university and could buy from anyone yet I still choose chemsavers because they are good to their customers and go above and beyond to source reagents for me. In addition, they are pretty quick to ship if they have what your looking for in stock. Customer for life here!

Also united nuclear (https://www.unitednuclear.com/) is good for some things but way overpriced on others.
I have revived shipments from Cambridge isotopes (https://www.isotope.com/) to a residential address (which happens to be across the street from a university) so I am not 100% sure but it is worth a try if you need some deuterated solvents.

There is also a forum member named chemi pharma, I have worked with him before, and he seems like a good guy.
Also, it never hurts to lurk ebay- I am always surprised of what you can find. Just picked up about a kilo of chloral hydrate from china about a month ago.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 18:34

I always check eBay first.
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-9-2019 at 03:25

Quote: Originally posted by Steam  
I am always surprised of what you can find. Just picked up about a kilo of chloral hydrate from china about a month ago.

One of the sellers mentioned here was supposed to send me a few grams of chloral hydrate.
Cas number was for As2O3.

Good I wasnt planning on having a nap. It would have been a long one.

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-9-2019 at 03:37

Quote: Originally posted by Herr Haber  
Quote: Originally posted by Steam  
I am always surprised of what you can find. Just picked up about a kilo of chloral hydrate from china about a month ago.

One of the sellers mentioned here was supposed to send me a few grams of chloral hydrate.
Cas number was for As2O3.

Or if a flea problem make some DDT
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 26-9-2019 at 14:12

Quote: Originally posted by Herr Haber  

That made my day! :D

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
Wizzard1
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-9-2019 at 06:21

I get most of my chemicals from eBay, but admittedly I shop differently than most folks here!
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 28-9-2019 at 12:41

You are just lazy LD5050 and I'm disappointed by your attitude.
You should know better and just check the SM wiki sources, theres everything you can ever wish for.
Better sources are only available on private communications and even those few dudes aren't a secret among here, they are just expensive in regard of shipping.
morganbw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 28-9-2019 at 16:28

Quote: Originally posted by karlos³  
You are just lazy LD5050 and I'm disappointed by your attitude.
You should know better and just check the SM wiki sources, theres everything you can ever wish for.
Better sources are only available on private communications and even those few dudes aren't a secret among here, they are just expensive in regard of shipping.

I understand your comment considering he is who he is. But understand that the info stemming from his comment may help others who do not have his history.
Carl, I am good with it as you should be.
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 28-9-2019 at 17:21

I know him just too well and his tendency to be lazy, so forgive me my reaction :D

Go To Top