Quote: Originally posted by morganbw  
he has been on many forums
what forums?
Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 16-3-2020 at 14:33

@morganbw:
I have to disagree. One can cut them old giants a bit of slack, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. You can't earn the right to misbehave and disrespect the owner of this forum, I don't care what they've done in the past.

We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together.
morganbw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-3-2020 at 14:37

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
what forums?

I am not going to try to point out the forum names as they are basically all inert not.
Roscoe has had many user names, perhaps PM the owner of this board, he knows for sure that this man is the real thing, and he can at least share two other user names/perhaps more. What has seemed to happen is that our friend has stepped away from the chemistry toward the politics.
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-3-2020 at 16:21

Quote: Originally posted by yobbo II  

If one were to join a political forum and constantly stray into the subject of oxidation/reduction, energetics, color chemistry of different valency states etc etc they would (I would imagine) be removed or/and laughed at.

Yob

Odds are no, some would engage some would ignore, I run one for anti PC, we tend to have tuff skin and dissenting is encouraged, we all don't agree on things but we all have a voice.
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-3-2020 at 16:52

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  
I run one for anti PC, we tend to have tuff skin and dissenting is encouraged, we all don't agree on things but we all have a voice.
Which forum? I'd like to have a look.
ShotBored
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-3-2020 at 11:07

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
what forums?

I am not going to try to point out the forum names as they are basically all inert not.
Roscoe has had many user names, perhaps PM the owner of this board, he knows for sure that this man is the real thing, and he can at least share two other user names/perhaps more. What has seemed to happen is that our friend has stepped away from the chemistry toward the politics.

I understand what you are saying, and like I mentioned, I don't have years of background with him. That being said, even in non-political discussions that related to science it seemed like disagreeing with him had a fair chance of leading to an explosive confrontation where he would begin flinging insults. I see this type of mentality in older folks all the time, where their years of experience sometime lend to hard-headedness towards new ideas or the notion that they might be wrong on something. Where, as a moderator or an admin, is the line supposed to be drawn for individuals who have been warned multiple times about this type of behavior? Tough situation...
Joeychemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Sedated

[*] posted on 22-6-2020 at 19:20

While I do miss the exciting and experimentally fruitful days of the early 2000's (ref; Mr. Anonymous' Azo-Chlathrates etc.) I do agree that Roscoe seemed to be less interested in posting science lately and more so posting the bare minimum in order to secure a podium and audience...

But the guy is a huge part or this forum and family and I don't agree with a full on lifelong ban of THIS specific user account. I agree that a change in tune on his part is necessary but that he should be allowed back after an extended time out.

Boo. Boo, indeed...
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 27-6-2020 at 08:35

Quote: Originally posted by Joeychemist  
While I do miss the exciting and experimentally fruitful days of the early 2000's (ref; Mr. Anonymous' Azo-Chlathrates etc.) I do agree that Roscoe seemed to be less interested in posting science lately and more so posting the bare minimum in order to secure a podium and audience...

But the guy is a huge part or this forum and family and I don't agree with a full on lifelong ban of THIS specific user account. I agree that a change in tune on his part is necessary but that he should be allowed back after an extended time out.

Boo. Boo, indeed...

The main problem with this attitude is, while kind in nature, it opens the door to abuse of that kindness. I may not have been around for Rosco's golden years, but I've been on SM for nearly a decade, and that's plenty of time to establish a pattern and for SM's various mods to provide opportunities (of which there were plenty) to reach common ground. None were taken and most were ignored. It wasn't like Rosco didn't know his behavior was unacceptable after so many warnings, so he must have known and not cared. Letting him back in would only affirm this viewpoint.

I fully agree that posting here is a privilege, not a right, and can and should be moderated as needed. If the mods step in, that's their right and they have authority. If Polverone feels the need to step in, you should know how serious of an issue this is and how lightly it wasn't taken.

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top