Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Stay safe
tahallium
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-3-2020 at 06:57
Stay safe

I am unsure why, or when it’s going to happen. But I just have this strong feeling that I’m going to die at a very young age (I'm not talking about the viruse).
I started doing home chemistry 3 years ago. I was so careful at first I thought hydrochloric acid is the most dangerous chemical in the world and freaked out Everytime when using sodium hydroxide in a synthesis. But now I don't wear gloves anymore i got this lead-acid battery for my birthday and I wish I didn't. reducing lead oxide in the kitchen without wearing a respirator is a bad idea. there's arsenic in small amounts and I inhaled some of powder it probably. PLEASE IF YOU'RE AN AMATEUR CHEMIST DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF there's awesome less toxic chemicals out there and I was an idiot. Lead is a neurotoxin that accumulates in soft tissues and bones that's why I think working with cyanide (which is far more toxic) is better (DON'T) cuz if you were poisoned you'll die immediately the compound acts as a non-cumulative poison.
also DON'T TRY EXTRACTING SAFE METALS e.g. zinc, manganese, lithium, silver cuz some additives like CADMIUM, ARSENIC, THALLIUM might be there. even when using 0% Mercury/cadmium battery I always think there's traces of cadmium and thallium in it (I overreact sometimes) BUT DON'T RISK YOURSELF.
now I don't really care if I die That's almost the saddest part. I'm not suicidal. I would never do anything to harm myself or end my life. But I do nothing to prevent my end either. Right now my heart hurts when I laugh sometimes i had to break all my beakers and disposed everything properly )my father's friend is chemical engineer)
I posted this cuz I don't want anyone to struggle.

[file]80094[/file] [file]80096[/file]

IMG_20200329_153955_390.jpg - 67kBIMG_20200329_154000_533.jpg - 130kB
Texium (zts16)
Administrator

Mood: Triturated

[*] posted on 29-3-2020 at 08:09

Quote: Originally posted by tahallium  
(I overreact sometimes)

Understatement of the year. My eyes can not roll back further.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
My YouTube Channel
My blog
(it doesn't like Chrome)
Texium (zts16)
Administrator
Thread Moved
29-3-2020 at 08:09

Go To Top