Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Retort & Stand Questions
karlosĀ³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 8-8-2020 at 12:53

You only add the sep funnel to the distillation setup if you are doing a steam distillation, where you need to add fresh warm water continously.
Otherwise it is not needed, just put stoppers or thermometer adapters in the claisen.
morganbw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-8-2020 at 15:23

Hey guy, I have found that I need to place some weights on my base plates to maintain integrity. We do what we must. You may be able to figure this out.
Yttrium2
Perpetual Question Machine

[*] posted on 8-8-2020 at 16:10

Quote: Originally posted by karlosĀ³  
You only add the sep funnel to the distillation setup if you are doing a steam distillation, where you need to add fresh warm water continously.
Otherwise it is not needed, just put stoppers or thermometer adapters in the claisen.

I figured this, well in some instances a claisen adaptor helps with the distillation so stuff doesn't bump up over to the condenser iirc.

by piece together I mean that I'll have to find out if it is going to be cheaper to get a distillation kit, and a claisen adaptor / sep funnel (cough) or get a kit that includes all of those + a few extra round bottom flasks
(also am wanting to go with a 400mm liebig, not a 200m)

I lost the link to the kits on ebay

and isn't it true that a lot of glassware listings on ebay have been removed, or is it just me?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top