Author: Subject: Melgar has died
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 13-5-2020 at 19:50

Quote: Originally posted by SWIM  
He was a great guy.
Friendly, helpful.

And also one of those people who actually appear to be thinking most of the time.

Really funny too.

And he sure knew his way around the Henry reaction.
Those were some interesting posts.

I will never forget the picture where he held a large nitrostyrene crystals, because of the conditions his nails were in on that picture, I always had to smile when I thought about it, especially after our only brief talk shorty before.
Now even more, but with an undertone of melancholy.
He was really very friendly and nice, I was so surprised to found out to whom I was talking, and after I told him who I am, it was a funny little exchange.
Very sympathic person.

Now after his decease, I had to google a picture of him out, and he looks exactly like I would have imagined him to look like.
And confirming SWIM's impression of him to be thinking all the time... the picture I found of him he was seated in some sort of thinkers pose, but not posing for the picture.
But rather surprised to be photographed while he was thinking about something :)

I immediately liked him even more.
It is really sad that he is gone, so early, that makes everyone else around that age, including me, to look more ephemeral(if thats the right english word), it makes everyone thats close to me of friends and acquintances to seem more "volatile"... like each one of them could be gone in a minute or so.
To not take them for granted because it could happen way too fast.

Rest in peace Melgar
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-5-2020 at 17:03

Another great loss, may he be immortalized in Cyberspace.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 15-2-2022 at 13:11

Been fortunate enough to be blessed with a few "bits" that passed through his hands. Immortality comes through memories..........may I be so fortunate as to be remembered when i pass.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

nitro-genes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-5-2023 at 01:50

Does anyone know his real name, or the names of his parents? I would like to contact them...

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 1-5-2023 at 03:28

I do not have permission to pass on what little information I have. And I am not going to seek that permission.
Let's call this a dead end, nitro-genes.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 1-5-2023 at 16:30

a not that difficult search enables one to find the newspaper article about his death, and i understand why you didn't feel comfy passing that on J.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top