Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Device that heats at around 40 degrees C?
khourygeo77
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-5-2020 at 11:45

So I bought 50W spot and installed it on a 150V socket. I put it in a cardboard and my thermometer measures 39-40 degrees C.
It is the same temperature on all points in the cardboard except right in front of the spot. I covered the few openings of the cardboard with old cotton clothes.

Let's say I want to lower the temperature a few degrees just for the science. All I need to do is decrease the thickness of the cotton layer, correct? Or maybe I can cover the openings with something that is more heat conductive. Or maybe it is possible to make new openings in the cardboard and put something more conductive to heat?
Belowzero
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-5-2020 at 22:43

The question reminded me of something called heating mats , they are used for growing plants and various other things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=heating+mat&i=outdoor&r...

The ones for plants usually go just a few degrees above ambient, there are probably ones that go above that.
The fancy ones come with controllers.

If a constant temperature isn't required one could place the reactor on top of the central heating system , I used this in the past to artificially age distilled wine.It's a very cheap way at least.

Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 26-5-2020 at 01:05

Quote: Originally posted by khourygeo77  
So I bought 50W spot and installed it on a 150V socket. I put it in a cardboard and my thermometer measures 39-40 degrees C.
It is the same temperature on all points in the cardboard except right in front of the spot. I covered the few openings of the cardboard with old cotton clothes.

Let's say I want to lower the temperature a few degrees just for the science. All I need to do is decrease the thickness of the cotton layer, correct? Or maybe I can cover the openings with something that is more heat conductive. Or maybe it is possible to make new openings in the cardboard and put something more conductive to heat?

or add a trimmer and pump less heat in the system

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
brubei
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-5-2020 at 12:46

common yahurt cooker have a heat temperature around 40°C

I'm French so excuse my language
khourygeo77
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-5-2020 at 01:00

Quote: Originally posted by Ubya  
Quote: Originally posted by khourygeo77  

or add a trimmer and pump less heat in the system

Thanks. I have a last question. A 50W spot installed on a 150W thermo socket can last for a long time if not turned off?
I brought a backup lamp to switch 1 lamp every 12hrs, but I may go on a vacation for about 2 weeks and may not manage to switch them..
beerwiz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-5-2020 at 01:12

I would use a vacuum oven similar to this one in the picture, it can maintain the preset temperature for months or years on end. I bought a similar one brand new with shipping for $500.

But remember, what takes years to do, can be cut down to months, what takes months, can be cut down to weeks, what takes weeks, down to days, what takes days, down to a few hours, etc ad infinitum.

oven.jpeg - 10kB

[Edited on 29-5-2020 by beerwiz]
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

Mood: ■■■■■■■■■■ INRI ■■■■■■■■■■ ** Igne Natura Renovatur Integra **

[*] posted on 14-6-2020 at 14:52

I use this:

https://www.theimagingwarehouse.com/ProductGrp/Novatronic-su...

or this more acurate?

https://www.theimagingwarehouse.com/ProductGrp/Protronic-Hea...
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top