Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: sassafras extraction from roots - anyone have experience or know yeilds?
morganbw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-5-2020 at 13:47

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
Rarity? Not where i'm at........

The rarity is only from being lazy and not sourcing, I have just used from the stuff that has been given. I have never searched.
I actually should, I live in East TN and there is a lot if you go searching and do not mind a little dirt time.
Sadly my body does not do well with much dirt time. I may need to do an exception to this because it does offer much more than sassafras tea.

I am fairly healthy but getting up from being on my knees is a chore.
monolithic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-5-2020 at 15:22

Seems like a lot of work but I imagine it smells amazing once separated and purified. I have a few trees growing around my residence. The leaves are very pretty, especially in autumn, and have a distinct citrus smell. The bark smells like concentrated root beer -- delicious! :)

[Edited on 5-22-2020 by monolithic]
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 22-5-2020 at 16:11

Quote: Originally posted by morganbw  

I am fairly healthy but getting up from being on my knees is a chore.

I damn sure can relate to that

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-5-2020 at 03:48

You need the inner rootbark from the sassafras tree, the bark above the soil does not contain enough safrole to be harvested.
Around the world all safrole containing trees are chopped down for illegal harvesting and almost all variants are almost extinct because of this.
There might be some sassafras trees still growing in the US but let them be so they become more common.
There is a better, more sustainable source of safrole that is called Piper auritum, Hoja Santa, mexican pepperleaf or the root beer plant.
Its a really fast growing, big leaf plant and the big leaves contain about 2% oil that is mostly safrole. If sniffing the leaves they smell strongly of safrole.

Just remember that using safrole for bad things, going to the dark side, usually ends up badly behind bars.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top