Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Natural equivalents of an antidepressant nmda antagonist
symboom
International Hazard

Mood: Doing science while it is still legal since 2010

[*] posted on 18-5-2021 at 05:31

I hope fellow amature chemist that struggle with psychological disorders get better it won't be easy.

To understand how serious psychological disorders within a given population here are some statistics for the United States.

1 in 4 young people are reporting suicidal thoughts.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/14/heal...

51% of young Americans say they feel down, depressed or hopeless
www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/05/10/51percent-of-young-americans-say...

Antidepressants help with 50% then therapy helps with the other percentage in overcoming mental illness.
As what I understand the antidepressants break the cycle of rumination by modifying the mood which indirectly affect the thoughts. This is the nature vs nurture thinking. From what I understand that researchers focus on the nature theory like that's just how it is. They believe that these mental conditions are inherited by family members and that it is genetic at least for scizophenia. I think the nurture theory is very underestimated.

The sad part is that according to the disability office of the United States comments that severe anxiety and depression is expected to last only 1 year this is obviously not always true.

Nature theory these conditions stem from brain defects they are born with it.
Nurture theory these conditions are a result of the past or present environment the person is in.

My theory is that depression/anxiety progresses into personality disorders like the person can't tell what is the condition and what is their personality like an identity crisis is felt by the person after that I think it can progress in to psychosis and further into scizophenia. This of course if it is not cured of the condition it gets worse.

My theory based on the effect on nurture. This doesn't mean nature doesn't play a role just one is greater than the other as it takes time to form new neuroconnections.

Depression/anxiety ---> personality disorders ---- >psychotic depression---> psychosis---> scizophenia

I know that the field of psychology is still growing there are things they presume based on clinical results. The thing that can be confusing that is causation is not coorlation.

From the understanding of CBT is that
Thoughts affect emotions which influence behavior.

[Edited on 18-5-2021 by symboom]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top