Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Diaphragm pump + aspirator no B.P. change?
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 21:22

As your power supply is 12V 5A (60W) it may not work with a 70W pump.

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
Opylation
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-6-2020 at 05:08

My first pump was $10 from China so I think they gave me a fake pump or switched the tags. The word diaphragm is spelled wrong on the front. This time I got a good ol’ American brand shipped from America so hopefully all is well on this one. I hate to be a broken record but I can’t get over the amazing results nurdrage got with the exact same style pump and identical aspirator. We shall see
Opylation
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-6-2020 at 14:02

Alright, I got my new pump in the mail and I soldered things up and put it together. One thing I noticed is the pump is quite a bit quieter than my last one. It is still noisey but it isn’t really loud. Like the difference between something hitting a materials resonance frequency and making the whole material vibrate. I would say this new pump is at least 1/4 - 1/2 as noisey. I haven’t put it through a distillation run but I did a quick suction test against my finger and it feels like it pulls more of a vacuum, but it only feels like it pulls maybe a little more than twice the vacuum of the previous pump. I guess we will see what happens when I hook it up to my glassware. The pump is advertised as being compatible with a high pressure switch but I didn’t notice anything different between the wires of the old pump and the new pump. I have a 6a 12v power supply powering the pump since it’s rated at 70W however I noticed in the front the voltage says 12 (9-14.4)V and 6A so I don’t know if I’m losing some power by keeping the voltage at 12 instead of maxing out the voltage. Idk, I guess we’ll see

[Edited on 15-6-2020 by Opylation]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top