Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fire peroxide
cyanureeves
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-6-2020 at 18:37
fire peroxide

a couple days back i asked for information about 40% peroxide to sterilize face mask.well i found out i cant because it will catch fire as they are made of cotton.i got 4 bottles of 40% peroxide in the mail and one of them leaked so it turned my fingerprints white.are the ridges on our hands fingerprints?or are fingerprints the markings left by our fingers?either way i watched a video where a youngster sets a tee shirt on fire by dousing it with 35% peroxide.i guess i can wash my veggies and the outside of bread loafs with the peroxide.stay safe all you Nebumadnessers.
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 25-6-2020 at 18:49

You can get 40% peroxide in the mail?!?!?!?!?!
I guess Mars Mail has slightly more relaxed dangerous goods requirements than here in Aus......
cyanureeves
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-6-2020 at 21:05

Quote: Originally posted by B(a)P  
You can get 40% peroxide in the mail?!?!?!?!?!
I guess Mars Mail has slightly more relaxed dangerous goods requirements than here in Aus......

nope! another thing i got wrong again.its 40 volume so its 12% peroxide.been a while i done any chemistry messin around.i just got old and worry about everything.i'll be storing it in my closet. carry on.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 25-6-2020 at 21:40

That makes more sense. 10% will sting decently, bleach your finger tips but not noticed immediately. The 29% is sharper to the point, even diluted. I bleached some rock specimens recently with the latter, got me a couple times. Just superficial of course, goes away in 20 min to normal soon color. I'm much more careful with the straight 30% and could only imagine a burn from 40% H2O2, no thanks.

My search shows the 40 volume and not more than 35% using a few search terms. 12% is nothing to laugh at in terms of killing stuff. For mouth sores, a tongue ring healing or such, 50/50 dilution of 3% with water is recommended, full strength 3% is cautioned against.

went the turboyeast route, for sanitizer. I don't drink so heads/hearts/tails left as is. A 5 gal bucket provided plenty of sanitizer. Wife uses it on bread bags and groceries too.

The 29+% H2O2 was at a garden/grow shop. 18$ for half gal, 30$ for the gallon. Another store down the street wanted 127$ for the same gallon what looked like it had been there for a year. High volume suppliers are nice for fresh bottles.

I let my full gallon sit so long it began leaking, presumably from being scooted a fraction of an inch numerous times ... Went in the pool and I was sad. Don't let that happen
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-6-2020 at 03:31

here you can get 35% in 4 liter jugs. never seen it catch any thing on fire as of yet,

Go To Top