Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Getting Adderal & issues
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

Mood: Snarky like a shark!

[*] posted on 22-7-2020 at 17:17
Getting Adderal & issues

I've got a schizophrenia diagnosis, on top of this, I have got a history of meth use that has been noted.

Now my questions are how do I get adderal? Only 1 doctor that I've seen was willing to work with me, by the time of my next appointment, he took off and went to work in the jail, were I saw him later on... ( This doctor knew his stuff and used to prescribe amphetamines to the jet pilots in vietnam war, and he did studies on it)

Do I just need to see a doctor and not tell them that I've done meth or is it in a database somewhere that they can see?

Same with my schizophrenia diagnosis?

The doctors say oh yeah' amphetamines are going to make you paranoid, yada yada -- they say it will make my schizophrenia worse, but it is like the only thing that puts a fire under my ass and gets me going with my school work.

And they don't like prescribing amphetamines to people who have a history of amphetamine useage, because they think that I might combine drugs, and take too much.

What are your thoughts? -- I mean, are there any POINTERS!?

[Edited on 7/23/2020 by Yttrium2]
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-7-2020 at 17:47

Wow, this is you 666 post? Is that saying something, lol?
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 22-7-2020 at 20:06

Get past the amphetamine craving man. When I see I like something too much or only it will do... That's a clear sign you don't. Light a fire under your own ass, don't shortcut or undercut you own ability.

Years back I let alcohol tell me what to do... Never again. Tobacco: chew, smokes and cigars... Nope. Not gonna spill the whole story of a fellas past, it's boring. Been years and I never felt better. Better things are legal now a days, to risk fucking with all that BS.

No one is going to build up your willpower for you... You have to do it, one day at a time. If you want to, you can motivate yourself, I'm sure of it.
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: verrückt & wissenschaftlich

[*] posted on 23-7-2020 at 13:19

Look, we can't help you get drugs.
Get your life under control for yourself.

My personal recommendation would be, just make it yourself if you need it.
But that is out of question with your history.

I would honestly recommend to stay away from stimulants in the future, forever.
You're not helping yourself, you're just helping to ruin your life any further.
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-7-2020 at 13:56

I don't think I am the guy who got hit in the head with a brick or something here.
You're a diagnosed schizophrenic, you have a history of things that speak against it, like the one scenario where you've been breaking windows in, etc.
Why do you think you need to take a performance enhancing drug?
Schizophrenia is a counter indication.
Doctors can face legal consequence if they give you this stuff, and they would be responsible even if you lie to them.

You're on probation, you're in some kind of program, get your life in order without drugs.
They will surely ruin your life further.
You know this.

Man, seriously this is the wrong forum to ask such things.
I can't believe you even asked that here.
There are older posts of yours where you even describe your issues with drugs, specifically adderall and meth.
Why should anyone responsibly thinking try to help you on this?
You've already proven you don't have this under control, multiple times.
Just look in your post history.

[Edited on 23-7-2020 by karlos³]
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-7-2020 at 14:24

Then please try to do it sober, without stimulants, as this makes you a canditate for antipsychotics if you're using them, with your history.
You don't need either, it is in your own hands to get your life back in order.

You're ruining your brain with both.
Please try to put some effort in it to get it done just by yourself.
Adderall is not a help long term.

Better try to get some behavioural cognitive therapy, this will really help you to turn your life around, but as a short term solution, adderall will only make it worse.

[Edited on 23-7-2020 by karlos³]
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 24-7-2020 at 11:27

It took me a long time to realize why I shouldn't cook

Now If I can just make the connection between why Adderall or amphetamines are going to derail me, then I'd be golden with the family, and a lot of the community. I don't understand this.

Also, I don't understand when Adderall is prescribed, how does it not have a crash, leaving students tired and exhausted? Doesn't it have the opposite side of the coin effect here?

Do they prescribe enough for a patient to feel the effects? How much do they prescribe? -- In some cases, it is a lot, but I'm not sure what psychiatrists deem an optimal dosage to be?

When I took it, I had highs and lows. One of the doctors that I spoke with, who was licensed to practice medicine at 24, said that -- there is no crash and if it eventually makes you feel tired, then you need to take more. I forget his reasoning behind this, maybe it had to do with developing tolerance to the drug, or maybe it just had to do with the drug wearing off. or somethig?

It always seems to me that there is a bit of a crash, even with sleep and food.
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-7-2020 at 13:38

Great advice karlos³, I agree, they may seem to be a fix in the beginning, but if you use them to enhance yourself, they will eventually become a crutch, and it seems like they have already.

I agree cognitive therapy would really benefit you, I admittedly just finished an 8 week cognitive course to work on my self worth and self esteem. Changing the way you think really does help.

I used to do a lot of drugs, all sorts of different drugs, but I am one of the lucky few who doesn't have an addictive personality and I was able to walk away with just minor withdrawal affects. That was 18 years ago, I admittedly have over the last 15 years done a bit of MDMA here and there but it's a rare occasion and I say no all the time. My biggest thing is, what else is in it with the MDMA, I don't trust people so it's best to just stay away. Marijuana is my vice, I love smoking weed, and it's legal here.
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-7-2020 at 15:57

Quote: Originally posted by Yttrium2  
One of the doctors that I spoke with, who was licensed to practice medicine at 24, said that -- there is no crash and if it eventually makes you feel tired, then you need to take more. I forget his reasoning behind this, maybe it had to do with developing tolerance to the drug...

This doctor is advocating addiction.
Any use of a drug as a tool can very easily lead to a real addiction, because you get the idea of them being not only helpful but neccessary.
Like Syn the Sizer says, they will become a crutch at some point, that is inevitable if you take a pill every day for months or longer, as you won't function the same at the point you stop their use.
Increasing the dose of the drug only increases your dependance on that stuff.
Using drugs for fun is a different thing, of course you can also reach the conclusion you need them to have fun.

But this prescription use of such potent drugs as adderall, that is a direct way into dependance, as they are used for everyday stuff and not just for the weekend or such, this will almost inevitably end up with the user getting the idea of them being not only helpful but needed just to function normally, which is supported by the effects experienced when stopping their use.
Thats much more dangerous than thinking you need them just to go out and enjoy it.
Doctors advocate this way too often, even resorting to such tactics as calling the long and several physical withdrawal of antidepressant drugs a "discontinuation syndrome" to make it sound more harmless and less threatening.
They don't earn on healthy patients, but those who get back to them again and again and take some substance for prolonged times, those are a valuable and important source of income for them.
Be careful to listen just to your doctor!

I know those drugs are fun and use them too, and also others.
But be careful with whatever I say, because I also have the luck of a healthy and sane non-addictive personality.
I can afford that, as they are only toys for me, but never tools.
The only drugs I use as tools are psychedelics, and those are generally seen as nonaddictive and genuinely helpful for the psyche(for a healthy psyche).

I was happy to read your U2U by the way, of course I try to be helping really.
Its just not that pleasant to hear it the way I said it, this might be the way you initially perceived it though and I understand that you deleted some of your posts because of your initial reaction to mine.
Don't worry I understand that well.

As a short term solution that stuff can be helpful... but you don't have that kind of personality and your set of experiences and preexisting condition is also a contraindiction of their use.
Would you just take one pill if the doctor gives you a prescription for a bottle of, lets say hundred pills, at once?
Definitely not, because one pill feels good, two even better, and why not take five or ten? You know what I'm getting at.
And increased dosages bear the risk of you experiencing schizoid symptoms easily again.
That is what I mean those pills will be trouble, both for the addictive personality you definitely have somewhat, and especially for your condition as those substances are one of the worst which do trigger a relapse easily.
That is why you have to take especial care with those things.
I know it sucks, but please let it explain to you by satan from south park, he tells it short and quickly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEln3oDWOqE
And I mean that serious, its an easy explaination and yet a good one.
And for you there is the added risk of a psychotic reaction at some point(might be even sooner and faster than you would expect it).
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 24-7-2020 at 16:42

wow, where do I begin.

I just really want them because it is helpful -- in essence not necessary, but damned near.

Doesn't addiction just mean liking something a lot? And that that is an addict -- an aficionado of sorts?

You said "as a short term solution they are often helpful" Yet, they are often meant to be taken daily, if you were a psychiatrist, what would you recommend to avoid getting a crash? -- Try to time it so you crash when you are done with work? Or only on the weekends?

If a doctor gave me a prescription I don't know what I'd do because I'd want to be getting the optimal dosage and not getting a crash in the middle of the work week. I'd try to find the right dosage, with the doctor.

Lastly, can you clarify on what you mean by tools / toys, -- that part did kind of resonate with me. I used to be into psychedelics when I was younger. and had similar views on things, I guess.;) -- before the definition of an addict and addiction became murky

[Edited on 7/25/2020 by Yttrium2]

RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 01:09

I can totally understand why you might feel you need to have the adderall to help study or work. I was having major problems with a class in college and just couldn't concentrate on this one subject for more than a couple minutes at a time b/c the teacher was terrible, the text book was bad and the topic was boring (low level computer programming....) and on top of this I was having GF issues and was really sick and had finals coming up and had to do well. I ended up studying on adderall for the first time and spent 12 hours straight learning an entire semester basically in one night and I did really well and still remember it, but it's b/c I knew most of it before, I just didn't put everything together very well, and the clarity helped pull everything together.

I also found it helped be more attentive to work and studies but it has diminishing returns when it is used all the time. I think it is a drug that is MUCH more beneficial when it is used sparingly, when there is something you just HAVE to get done or are having a hard time doing it. It is not a source for motivation - that has to come from inside you - using the adderall will not be a long term benefit for this and you will end up in a mess.

As for the schizophrenia, I HIGHLY suggest you stay as far away from uppers as possible with this, it is very easy for schizophrenia develop into paranoia and delusions and then into a break of a psyche from which it would be very difficult to return and not all are so lucky (especially if continuing uppers during this). I can't say how terrible this is and how much higher the risks are with uppers and weed (if you mix the two it's MUCH higher than using either one).

My best advice would be to stay far away from this stuff for at least a year, maybe 2-3+ before you try it again. It takes time to get your motivation back after using uppers, and replacing meth with adderall is a big mistake. You will also have a generally high tolerance for aderall after using meth. Again, a year + off will allow a more reasonable dose add maybe only occasional use should you see fit. I know people who were on 30mg 3-4x a day and they felt like it wasn't doing anything and now, after stopping for a long period, they use 5-10mg on occasion and it does MUCH more than the 30mg did. (I often wonder if some drugs are dosed properly TBH......)

I think you need to read up on drug induces psychosis and look for stories where people were diagnosed schizophrenic and then used speed or weed, and see what their opinions are. I really can't tell you how bad an idea it is to use these while having this condition, especially if the symptoms are new to you. It would be different if you had had them for 20+ years and knew how to handle them, but being relatively new to them, you just don't have the skills to handle this.

Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 01:19

Addiction is so much more than "liking something a lot". Addiction is a chronic brain disease of which the symptoms can be over-won, but which will never disappear. An addict you are for life, you can only become a non-using recovering addict.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

Quote:
Addiction is a brain disorder characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli despite adverse consequences
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 08:24

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
Addiction is so much more than "liking something a lot". Addiction is a chronic brain disease of which the symptoms can be over-won, but which will never disappear. An addict you are for life, you can only become a non-using recovering addict.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

Quote:
Addiction is a brain disorder characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli despite adverse consequences

Thank you, I was going to say the same thing. A person may say "I am addicted to potato chips" because the have to buy a bag every time they see them. But they are not going to get sick, or angry if they have to go a week without them. That is a mental state of thinking you are addicted.

When somebody develops a dependence on a substance it comes with anger, sickness, an unquenchable need for the substance. Take the feeling you get when you haven't had anything to drink of water for a day, you NEED water, you feel like you are going to die without it. To the point of where you might steal just to get that drink. Real addiction is worse than that.
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 08:39

I don't think so, I just think some things are more addictive (likeable) than others.

--
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 08:53

addict tends to be used in a derogatory context
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 08:55

its a put down
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 09:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9CD7uj2TL0
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 09:15

Well, that is not the case. Addiction and a strong like for something are 2 very different things. Yes both cause the release pleasure chemicals which are part of addiction. That is where the mental state comes from. But true addiction becomes a physical thing, not only your mind but your body aches for it, every cell in your body needs it.

If you feel we are putting you down, we are not. Everybody is just trying to help you, there are better routes to helping you out than amphetamines.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 09:38

Quote: Originally posted by Yttrium2  
its a put down

I have the feeling you are looking down on addicts and you use the term derogatory. I feel bad for addicts and are sorry for them.
Of course usually addictions come forth from bad decisions, but usually those bad decisions didn't come from bad intent. They were just stupid decisions, usually not overseeing the possible bad outcomes.

I'm just trying to warn you, don't play around with addictive stuff, once addicted, always addicted. It is what Syn the Sizer says; an irrational urgue of your brain screaming for a compound, like you are going to die if you don't get it. It becomes an obsession.

The mechanism is very useful in case of water or food, where you will actually die if you don't get it, but your mind is easily tricked into using the same mechanism for other things, for example drugs.

[Edited on 25-7-2020 by Tsjerk]
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 09:59

Exactly, that is what that mechanism is for survival. Our brain believes what we let it. If you let yourself get to the point where your brain feels the same about a substance and sustenance, it is hard to retrain your brain to not think that.
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 10:05

I don't feel bad for them
I feel like mostly people that refer to themselves as an addict are telling me that they lack responsibility, and to watch out -- it is usually used to justify their stupidity

It is derogatory, and people that refer to themselves as such, well its kinda like the N word.

that is often case the meaning of the word. -- it is derogatory often case

I don't look down on people who have been called addicts,
I do kinda look down on people *cough* who refer to themselves as addicts, -- I believe anyone has the will power to change and that its not out of anyones control, anyone who argues otherwise is trying to vouch for lack of responsibility -- people who call themselves addicts are telling me that they lack self control, which I do not believe for a second.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 10:53

Have you ever been so hungry you couldn't sleep? That is how it feels like to be addicted. The big difference is that after eating when you are hungry you feel good. When you use a substance of abuse you will feel guild because you know what you are doing is bad.

Addiction is not an excuse to use, but why would it be bad for an addict to call himself what he is?

You just go and believe what you want, maybe you just need an addiction before you understand what it is. But don't come crying here, we warned you.
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 11:14

"why would it be bad for an addict to call himself what he is?"

Because it is what he is not

There is no such thing as an addict, aside from aficionado -- the other meanings of the word are void.
Everyone has freewill

Tsjerk
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 11:24

Yes, addiction is made up... All a big conspiracy by big pharma so they can sell more medication.

If it is all freewill, then why do you need adderal to get your ass of the couch? Just put your mind to it and do it out of freewill.

[Edited on 25-7-2020 by Tsjerk]
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 11:35

I think this is a useless argument Yttrium2 is just looking for justification in their feelings and he is not getting it here so the argument will just continue. I lost two of my closest cousins do addiction I know it is very real.

Maybe once they hit rock bottom and have realized they are an addict and addiction is real they will understand.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top