Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: The disappearance of cheap ebay laboratory glassware
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-10-2020 at 10:33

Yeah. 29* is the standard joint in Europe, so they hit right on spot with that.

24* is the standard in Anglo-American contries, as far as I know. Rest of the world comes along, and Chinese sell whatever sells.

I'm sad they have only 3-neck flasks with 14* side joints. Having one joint size helps tremendously when adding apertures like dropping funnels or thermowells. Neubert-Glas has these, but he does the bank job too.
outer_limits
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridized

[*] posted on 11-11-2020 at 01:37

Chemland is legit shop, there are no catches there. Almost all of my glassware (and other stuff( was bought from this shop. Very good quality and prices usually better than from ebay or aliexpress.

Unfortunately they don't have everything and I need to find somewhere 100-150mm vigreux column and short path condenser.

I don't have wait for the package as I used to while shopping on ebay or aliexpress (this one went terribly expensive - shipping costs are high as .... ) - the package is usually delivered two days after the payment was processed.

29/32 is the size that is very common here. But if you need 24/29 they also have the glassware of this size. If not - there are adapters that can be used as ultimate solution for this kind of problems.
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2020 at 03:54

Yep, about half of my stuff is 29 and half is 24, latter being more common recently. I pretty much routinely mix them and I've got a dozen of adapters. Biggest issue is that my fume hood is not tall enough to fit all the apparatus.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top