Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Parcel fake tracking data
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 16-8-2020 at 02:28
Parcel fake tracking data

I have been suspicious of parcel tracking data on ebay. The initial tracking data appears to be an automated and not from the delivery company.

I recently purchased a Alcohol refractometer from a China suppler. I then received a message saying it was out of stock and due to the virus it was not know when it would be in stock so the order was cancelled and I was refunded the cost.

Yesterday I received tracking data from Yodel (a UK parcel delivery company) for the item claiming it had been received at their distribution centre and was now in transit. Presumable there is no such parcel so the tracking data must be fake ???

Perhaps I will wait the appropriate time and when its not delivered demand a refund LOL

Incidentally the suppler is now selling a very similar alcohol refractometer, if not identical, at almost 4x the price. Many prices of China suppliers appear to have increased significantly and now charge postage.

alcorefrac.jpg - 6kB

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
RedDwarf
Hazard to Others

Mood: Variable

[*] posted on 17-8-2020 at 02:52

I usually ignore any tracking numbers from chinese suppliers as they appear to be fabricated, with lots of detail prior to "leaving" China and then nothing. I've also had a situation similar to yours where I got tracking data from a UK company (I've searched through my emails but can't find the item, so can't remember who) claiming delivery of this parcel - nothing was delivered despite me being in all day, and there wasn't the usual "we couldn't be bothered waiting to knock , so your parcel can be found..." card. I contacted ebay and complained about this as I believed it was fraudulent, but they as usual did nothing other than refund me, and the supplier was left to continue their fraud on others.
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 17-8-2020 at 11:32

If it is on ebay and you get refunded, leave a review.
I haven't had anything not show up yet.
Broken, not the right item, destroyed by ups or fedex, but never anything not show up.
Of course I read the reviews and order from suppliers that don't appear to be scamming people.
I know ebay shuts down accounts if there are too many 'undelivered' items
Unorthodox
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-8-2020 at 04:04

I have had weird things happen with chinese delivery companies, i wouldn't be surprised if they fake the updates and just guess when it will arive.... i don't have any solid proof for this though
unionised
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-8-2020 at 05:25

The only course of action that makes much sense is to wait and see if Yodel deliver it.

Go To Top