Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Quality HOT PLATE STIRRER for sale
ArbuzToWoda
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-9-2020 at 05:31
Quality HOT PLATE STIRRER for sale

Hi!
I've got a Velp Scientifica hotplate for sale.
It is only a little bit used and fully functional. It's plate goes up to as far as 370C (way more than enough for most distillations and processes one would conduct in a lab). The stirring goes up to, I believe, 1500RPM. It's a sturdy, reliable unit that will last many years thanks to the elevated top. This video shows how elevated top hotplates are superior in surviving fumes and spills to rigid ones like cornings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP_PO8qz0Ls&ab_channel=A...

It's 220-230V, shipped with a quality, long, sturdy power chord and some regional souvenirs as a thank you!
Shipping from Poland (doesn't cost more than 20-30 USD to most countries).
The price I think would be fair is around 230-250 USD. It is fully negotiable, it's just that new ones can sell around 350USD and this one is in almost perfect state. Attaching a photo.

I'm a reliable person, sold some lab stuff already. If you need verification, please send me a PM.

I apologize if these kinds of offers aren't allowed on this forum - I just thought that it's the best place to sell such stuff cheaply before putting it up on ebay. After all, amateur chemists deserve a better price!

Regards

IMG_20200923_202559.jpg - 16kB
Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-9-2020 at 14:48

My main hot plate is a somehow evolved (digital & ceramic) version of the one you seem to have. I paid around 600 Euros for it and dont regret it for a second.

Another bonus of the elevated top is that temperature control is excellent. I rarely boil things I dont want to. On the other hand, if it's cold where you operate it you'll hear it clicking a lot.

You should provide the whole reference or userguide. That's a good brand at a fair price. People might be more interested if they could get more details.

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
ArbuzToWoda
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-9-2020 at 15:03

Thank you, Herr Haber! I have inquired Velp Scientifica for a full user manual or other characteristics card for anyone to take a peek into.
ArbuzToWoda
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-9-2020 at 10:02

The data plate on the back of the hotplate clearly indicates it's 630W. Comparing this to the shitty SH-2s (what are they? Like 180W?) the heating power should not be underestimated. Please U2U me for details.

IMG_20200822_102923 (1).jpg - 86kB
ArbuzToWoda
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-9-2020 at 13:00

Attaching more information - the operating manual and full table of specifications. This is the ARE version, it's pretty much only the color that's different, the specifications are the same.

Attachment: table.pdf (130kB)
This file has been downloaded 226 times

Attachment: manual.pdf (482kB)
This file has been downloaded 348 times

Go To Top