Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Rare and hard to obtain chemicals for sale
Keras
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 09:49

Quote: Originally posted by Fyndium  
Many chemical suppliers make only selected of their own chemicals. They source any stuff that is available, and either repack it directly or refine it to higher grade. Rest is made, if it is in their catalogue, like Sigma and others do, and they also have subcontractors that produce stuff.

Makes sense. Every chem company cannot produce everything they sell. That wouldn't stack up, as well as being a pointless waste of resources, especially given the size and bulk industrial production chains require.

The problem is that if a given chemical is produced by one or two companies, both located in the same country, then supply may be at risk. Didn't we suffer a shortage of vitamin C at the beginning of the CoVID outbreak because China was in lockdown?
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 10:12

Shortage is not unheard of. Actually, it's common, at least pharmaceutical officials report hundreds of supply issues annually.

Some second-priority commodity is definitely not on the list. Many things are not produced at all, or just by one or two companies, because no one wants to buy them.

I'm not exactly sure how fine chemicals suppliers actually do all their stuff. Do they actually have, as I've understood, staffed labs of different sizes that do batches of stuff as per-order, or do they order them from subcontractors which do the stuff, and supply it when they can?

What I'm saying that is there somewhere a hired chemist, who gets an order from sales department of 2.5kg of hydrogen unobtaniumide, and he puts on coat, checks the synthesis run, does some calculations and gets to work?
Keras
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 10:24

Yeah, pharmaceuticals sometimes are in short supply just because pharm companies don’t make enough money with them. That’s the case of most antibiotics.

And I have no clue either. I would tend to think that, yeah, they have small chains that they can switch on and off on request, or maybe they dismantle partially and dedicate to something else if no order is pending. I have recently bought glassware from a guy who himself scavenged a large set of items from a small pharmaceutical company that went bankrupt. He still has lotsa big multi-litre-sized reactors and stuff, so I imagine those where used to produce some sort of molecules at medium scale. Like, with a 5 L reactor you can probably make a couple of kgs of any not-too-intricated-to-produce molecule.

But that’s just wild guessing.
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 11:38

Your 5L flask reminded me, I've noticed multiple times that a seemingly larg-ish flask isn't that large after all. After all reagents, solvents and other adjuncts, the actual useful amount of desired reagent/product might be only in scale of few hundred grams.

So, if making ANYTHING for any sort of production use, flasks very quickly scale to start from 10, 20 liters and so on. Clandestine chemists who make stuff that people want to pay premium can easily deal with smaller amounts, but some secondary reagent that doesn't cost that much at all, will not have any second more wasted time than absolutely necessary. Usually the operator time is one of the most expensive factors, although one chemist can run many reaction setups at the same time, because most modern pilot plants are very autonomic and programmable.
Keras
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 11:59

So, if making ANYTHING for any sort of production use, flasks very quickly scale to start from 10, 20 liters and so on.

Yeah, I mentioned 5 L, but I'm sure he has collected bigger ones. For me, who essentially work at microscale, this is like behemoths.
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 12:16

For experimenting or some small work, small equipment is better because it's cheap, easier to manage and the reagents are also cheap. Sometimes I've stopped counting when I realized a single charge for synthesis can easily have several hundreds worth of reagents.
Keras
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 23:41

For experimenting or some small work, small equipment is better because it's cheap, easier to manage and the reagents are also cheap. Sometimes I've stopped counting when I realized a single charge for synthesis can easily have several hundreds worth of reagents.

Yeah. I have always been fond of the byword 'small is beautiful'. Matter of fact, I’m thinking about buying a true microscale kit for conducting reactions with only like tens of milligrams of reactants. At least for experimenting, it’s the best approach. Once you have found a satisfactory procedure, it’s easy to scale up.
D3ltaNine
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 11:49

I had my order come in as expected!
Seller is very responsive, reagents are of expected quality, and it was shipped fast. No duties or any custom related problems (I'm in Canada), the containers/bottles (order included powders and liquids) were intact and well packaged.

Took a while to get delivered, but I blame Covid.
I will definitely order again from Chemship!
chemship1978
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-6-2021 at 02:33

Hi,
I would like to inform everyone interested that the stock of SIGMA ALDRICH, ACROS ORGANICS, ANGENE SCIENTIFIC, AMBEED and various other suppliers is available fully and in low and fair prices.
The shipping I offer is reliable and as quick as possible and the reviews left by my clients reflect it.

Please don't hesitate to inquire about any chemicals you'd need through my U2Us or mail at warsawian1978@protonmail.com.
I answer all inquiries in 24 hours.

Sending my best wishes.

Polish_20210616_122947920.jpg - 369kB
teodor
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-7-2021 at 07:38

I have received a new package from chemship1978, it is very fast & reliable comparing with some local sellers I tried before. So, I would prefer to pay to this man who really knows how to provide service for mad scientists like me. I recommend he to everyone who is dreaming about new experiments but have no idea where to get the reagents.
Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-7-2021 at 08:49

Received my second order today.
Well packed and exactly what i ordered, fast delivery.
Thanks for supplying this service.
NitratedKittens
Hazard to Others

Mood: Carbonated

[*] posted on 10-9-2021 at 10:51

Received my order from chemship1978 this tuesday, the parcel was shipped promptly and without issue. It is fantastic to be able to purchase obscure reagents at a good price.

Basket of kittens for you ........BOOM
jenijjun
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-9-2021 at 10:09

Great service and patience, everything arrived safely as it was really thoroughly packed. Prices are great and I can't recommend enough, communication is fast and enjoyable as well so this is for sure not the last time I buy:).
NicolaeB
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-10-2021 at 07:25

Perfect communication,good packaging, (very) competitive prices. I would recommend him even if you already have a supplier. Beyond being a seller, chemship1978 is both a businessman, providing good service (I was pleasantly surprised on how he handled my questions and requests) and a fellow scientist.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-10-2021 at 02:30

Your 5L flask reminded me, I've noticed multiple times that a seemingly larg-ish flask isn't that large after all. After all reagents, solvents and other adjuncts, the actual useful amount of desired reagent/product might be only in scale of few hundred grams.

So, if making ANYTHING for any sort of production use, flasks very quickly scale to start from 10, 20 liters and so on. Clandestine chemists who make stuff that people want to pay premium can easily deal with smaller amounts, but some secondary reagent that doesn't cost that much at all, will not have any second more wasted time than absolutely necessary. Usually the operator time is one of the most expensive factors, although one chemist can run many reaction setups at the same time, because most modern pilot plants are very autonomic and programmable.

Most chemical companies I've seen on Alibaba have pictures of there large 500+liter
glass coated steel reactors in rows of 10 or more. I haven't seen many pictures of flasks in these factory setups
Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-12-2021 at 03:20

again good deal with chemship1978
as always: well packed, hard to obtain chemicals, good prices... great supplier !!!

IMG_20211207_114002_5_sm.jpg - 52kB

gemar14
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-12-2021 at 15:56

This is my first post on scimadness forums after lurking for some time, but hopefully that's not an issue. I recently got in contact with chemship for half a liter of acetyl chloride for some esterifications I'm working on. Price was really good compared to what I would have to pay the big chemical companies, the product was delivered intact, on time and well-packed. I recommend chemship for any chemical purchases and will be contacting him many more times in the future.
PeterPanPan
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-4-2022 at 09:23

good deal with chemship1978
I am very satisfied
cheers
halosint
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-4-2022 at 08:43

Very satisfied with chemship1978, fair prices for really exotic reagents. Everything came intact and was perfect quality. Will surely buy from him again
domis8
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-4-2022 at 06:24

I do recommend service from chemship1978. Everything was exactly the same as i asked for. Best regards.
Chemi Pharma
Hazard to Others

Mood: Quarantined

[*] posted on 22-4-2022 at 11:48

Yesterday I've received my first order with chemship1978. Everything is ok and I do recommend the Seller.;)
kweiny
Harmless

Mood: Excited

[*] posted on 2-5-2022 at 05:09

Ordered some chemicals from him a while back. Some of them were pretty hard to obtain but with him it was no problem. Transaction went smooth and a few weeks later (because he had to order some of the chemicals) the package arrived.
It was exceptionally well packaged and everything arrived in order and without damage. If I find time I might add some pictures later.

Probably the thing I like most about him is that you can literally order any size. I only needed a very small amount of a specific chemical and it was no problem where as with other sellers you sometimes have to order a minimum quantity of lets say 1 Liter. I only needed 50ml and he was able to get me a bottle in exactly that size.
Also after an Item I ordered got delayed by the supplier he offered me an alternative in case I needed it right away.

From my experience I can only recommend his service and I am looking forward to do more transactions in the future.
faberge
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-6-2022 at 12:30

Wanted to share my experience with the seller. First order was really smooth, communication was on high level. I was really suprised about how fast the shipping was - from the point of recieving tracking number to actually getting the package - I think it was 2 days? When ordering from local chemical supplier, this takes almost whole week. Second thing - everything was packed really well. I am currently in the process of finishing the second order with him, but so far I can highly recommend him.
Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-6-2022 at 03:22

Another order from chemship1978 received and everything is included and good packaging.
I really can recommend chemship1978 to everyone who want order some chemicals for experiments.
Never any problems with items missing, items exactly as ordered and fast shipping, i couldn´t be more happy with the purchase.
TotalEntropi
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-6-2022 at 05:58

Chemship is a great seller and his prices are very good. Everything was well packaged and purity of the reagents are great.
I will buy from him again
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top