Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Do not buy from laboyglass.com
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 28-11-2020 at 22:06
Do not buy from laboyglass.com

I made an order for 2 24/40 erlenmeyer flasks, 2 months ago, and never received a shipping notification. I have emailed the seller and support multiple times asking if the item has been shipped, with no response. No response on a PayPal ticket either. I'm now escalating the support ticket to Paypal and trying to get a refund.

Laboyglass is trustworthy if you order from Amazon, though. Amazon requires them to provide tracking.
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-11-2020 at 03:51

It also commands thrice the price for similar products than sold by eBay vendors of similar quality. For example 200mm liebig goes for $32 while deschem sells for $10.
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 29-11-2020 at 13:18

Covid has had far reaching consequences, not the least of which is shutting down call centers or severely reducing staffing.
Paypal was always a pain to deal with.
inanium
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-1-2021 at 12:22

Did you have any luck with PayPal?

I ordered back on October 13th and never heard anything. I tried emailing them 5 times and never received a response. I just opened a case with PayPal.

I know Laboy takes a while to fill orders, but it's nearing 3 months without any indication that my order has shipped.
Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 7-1-2021 at 14:10

Your posts are full of "my shit hasn't arrived".... You need to take some responsiblility for this and stop ordering stuff in the middle of the worst pandemic since.... I don't know when..... Especially from China.

/CJ

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-1-2021 at 18:04

Here in Malaysia I have been receiving stuff from China a few times a month
- with faster than advertised delivery.

I have tried to order GG17 glassware (a Chinese version of borosilicate) where possible,
as so far the quality has been better than average.

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 7-1-2021 at 18:14

I ordered something just before the pandemic broke, probably Christmas 2019 and it took 10 months to get here..... Won't be doing that again, at least until all this is over.

/CJ

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 10:14

Don't know about Laboy, but other vendors especially on eBay have been able to supply all kind of stuff with pretty good shipping times. My favorite is deschem, their fastest shipment has been a short of two weeks and this has happened many times.
outer_limits
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridized

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 10:32

Quote: Originally posted by Corrosive Joeseph  
I ordered something just before the pandemic broke, probably Christmas 2019 and it took 10 months to get here..... Won't be doing that again, at least until all this is over.

/CJ

They messed... 2 months more and you would get a nice Christmas gift :)
Mathias94
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 18:31

Quote: Originally posted by Fyndium  
It also commands thrice the price for similar products than sold by eBay vendors of similar quality. For example 200mm liebig goes for $32 while deschem sells for $10.

In my own experience the quality of laboy is a lot better than deschem. The glass is thicker, no bubbles and no obvious stress in the glass. Glassware from deschem is very fragile in comparison.
ChemichaelRXN
Hazard to Others

Mood: Universal Eye

[*] posted on 10-1-2021 at 07:03

I have always ordered from Deschem and the quality seems great to be honest.

You are the same perception looking out, from the same elements around the universe.

You are everything to be anything to begin with.

Https://you-are.space
Https://syntharise.com
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-1-2021 at 15:17

I haven't yet found complaining on deschem stuff. Of nanshinglass I broke a fritted funnel when drying it and later broke the tit of a desiccator vacuum outlet, so it is still to be fixed, but none of deschem stuff has broken yet in proper use.

I actually had a chance to find out how delicate deschem glassware is when I received a parcel that was all crushed up. The remaining pieces I had, I tested how fragile they were and, as glass is, it is pretty much the same all.

The vacuum stuff also has not imploded yet. :D
Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 21-1-2021 at 12:21

I order glassware from china with ebay and mostly from Deschem.
The items are mostly ok but i would guess many is rejects from the glass factory.
Its almost always just cosmetic things like missing the text 24/29 on some joint or such things and sometimes no flaws can be found, the item is all good.
I have had things broken on shipping but its never an issue to get a replacement if sending photo of broken item.
That i like, no problems at all to get a replacement if something is broken, thats why i order from deschem as other sellers can be a hassle to deal with if something is broken.
It also seems ebay is helping if there is problem with a seller.
I heard same cant be said of aliexpress, but the only personal experience i have from them is 1 order and it never got delivered.
When messaging seller they said sorry the item was never sent but they would send it now.
After another month i messaged same seller and he had not sent item this time either but now he offered a refund.
I havent ordered anything else on Aliexpress after that incident.

About the missing shipment from Laboy, you should complain and ask for a refund.
Not reply to messages for 3 months isnt ok even with covid crisis going on.
They should at least reply and try solve the situation or at least explain why there is several months delay.
I still order stuff from china and it can be just slightly longer delivery times, but mostly the same as before, at least for me.
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 12-4-2021 at 15:10

laboy glass has been consistently shipping wrong items, not responding to messages, and not shipping orders at all.

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

Mood: ■■■■■■■■■■ INRI ■■■■■■■■■■ ** Igne Natura Renovatur Integra **

[*] posted on 12-4-2021 at 16:12

you get for what you pay... cheap crap from China is this, CRAP! sometimes I get a good one but in close inspection... CRAP! I think this chinese guys say: I sell this crap to occidentals :-) and the good ones go to labs in China. Ok many buyers are only amateurs but, crap is crap.

Labboy is good, my items from this co. are good or very good. From Deschem I received a flask and when I go to use it, the flask have one all around broken line :-??

I think the best is Schott-Duran but maybe a bit more thickness glass, it would be even better?? SD glass have a transparency that others do not have.

I see the Chemglass is even more expensive than Schott-Duran... maybe some day buy one to see the quality of this products..
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-4-2021 at 23:54

The broken lines are glass cast marks. I've got them in various glassware and it does not affect their use, or at least haven't thus far. There are no actual cracks.

The price difference between glassware of chinese and occidental origin can be tremedous. 5L 4N flask costs 60€ inc shipping, while european 3N flask costs 400€ + shipping.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

Mood: ■■■■■■■■■■ INRI ■■■■■■■■■■ ** Igne Natura Renovatur Integra **

[*] posted on 13-4-2021 at 10:16

Quote: Originally posted by Fyndium  
The broken lines are glass cast marks. I've got them in various glassware and it does not affect their use, or at least haven't thus far. There are no actual cracks.

The price difference between glassware of chinese and occidental origin can be tremedous. 5L 4N flask costs 60€ inc shipping, while european 3N flask costs 400€ + shipping.

well, I think my english is bad or... one image is more clear...

the price abism is for an insatiable avarice...

3b.jpg - 437kB
earpain
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-4-2021 at 16:17

Laboy by whatever means is the official gold standard endorsed by Amazon. I can vouche for the quality of the glass.

You know what's odd, this has happened twice now. I get two flasks, same size, shape, brand, everything, by naked eye, indistinguishable, but their weight is dramatically different.

Two pear shaped 100ml green label Chemglass 14/20. Courtesy of Dr Bob. That was like a year ago and they are still intact . But when the time came for me to make a list with weights for everything, I found that one of these weighs 80 grams, and another 60.

Also found myself receiving two 500ml Kontes RBF's. Reputable company. They look identical, buuut, actually it's easily observed even to the naked eye that one was of thin and uniform wall thickness. It caused my first ever star crack. Like a day after receiving it. It's actually still air tight, and I still use it as a receiving flask no problem(atmospheric only). Then I get another one, and it's much much thicker, the thickness looks not-quite uniform, but not in a bad way. In a -handblown- way. As in, someone took the time , after the intial blowing out of the main body, to gather/collect/melt additional thickness in all of the places it needs it. Same writing, same color, same everything.

Go To Top