Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 06:58

Quote: Originally posted by smaerd  
any chance you have a 24/40 addition funnel laying around? :)

Yes, I have the ones listed above and a few other sizes. The second price is the one I am selling at. Let me know what size you want, if you prefer glass or teflon, and what condition you want (if you only want like new, or if being older and having some scratches is OK.) Those all influence the price.

Bob
SovereignSolip
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-6-2011 at 11:31

Did one order for $120, 2 condensers(allhin, reflux) and 500ml addition funnel. Just payed for another, 2 boxes, assorted boiling flasks, heating mantle. Will be ordering again very soon.
ScienceHideout
Hazard to Others

Mood: High Spin

[*] posted on 18-6-2011 at 09:15

Do you have ANY 19/22?

hey, if you are reading this, I can't U2U, but you are always welcome to send me an email!

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-6-2011 at 06:51

I have one box of 19/22 glassware, with about 10 flasks (~ 25-250 ml), 2 addition funnels (250 ml and a smaller one), several condensers, some distillation adapters, and a bunch of other random 19/22 glassware bits. I also have a bag of ~10 blue plastic Keck clips for them. There are about 30 items total, not counting the Keck clips. And I would try to find any other remaining 19/22 glassware to throw in free.

I would sell the whole lot for $150, since I only have enough for about one full kit from it. One other person asked first about 19/22, so I need to get an answer from them, but if they don't want it, I would be happy to sell the lot of it.

I could post a photo if you are interested, I was planning on doing that eventually, but have been very busy at work lately.

Bob
ScienceHideout
Hazard to Others

Mood: High Spin

[*] posted on 22-6-2011 at 08:24

I already have a couple addition funnels- I am quite interested in the flasks... what type are they? I am also interested in the 'random bits' and keck clips. I would appreciate a picture to help decide if I am interested- I LOVE 19/22. By any chance would you have a 14/20 to 19/22 adapter? The male should be 14/20.

Thanks!

hey, if you are reading this, I can't U2U, but you are always welcome to send me an email!

hkparker
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-7-2011 at 10:04

PM sent

My YouTube Channel

"Nothing is too wonderful to be true if it be consistent with the laws of nature." -Michael Faraday
barley81
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-7-2011 at 19:06

I purchased twice, the first time there were two breakages, but the items were replaced quickly and free of charge. A lot of extra stuff, it came almost packed in plastic pipettes! Shipping was fast and inexpensive and the items were packed very well. The second time, I bought the lot of 19/22 glassware (sorry ScienceHideout, I would sell you some duplicates). Nothing broke, again there were extra pipettes and SO MUCH stuff for $150. The highlights, among many other things:

250 mL pressure-equalized addition funnel
60 mL ""
Long Liebig condenser (>300mm)
Small West condenser
Vigreux column
Three sep funnels

I would definitely buy again, especially at these great prices, except my wallet needs a break.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-8-2011 at 03:19

I have found a box of test tubes, mostly odd sizes, which I would love to sell.

I have:

2 boxes of ~250 13 x 100 mm disposable culture tubes - $20 each
1 box of ~250 10 x 75 mm test tubes - $10
1 box of ~250 15 x 85 mm test tubes - $15
5 box of ~250 13 x 100 mm test tubes with screw top threads W/O caps - $20 each
( I can provide a few caps for each box, but they came without caps. - they use the same caps as 1 dram (4ml) vials.

The shipping cost will be the real cost of USPS to you from NC.

Bob
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-8-2011 at 18:10
14/20 glassware

Here is some of the 14/20 glassware that I have available. This is only a portion, but will give you an idea of some of it. Please inquire if you are interested in any of it. Feel free to make an offer if you want or ask for a price. If you want larger photos, send me an U2U with an email address and I will send the larger photos to you.

Thanks to everyone who has bought glassware.

Bob

DSCN9218edit.JPG - 28kB DSCN9228edit.JPG - 28kB DSCN9235edit.JPG - 36kB DSCN9240edit.JPG - 36kB DSCN9243edit.JPG - 51kB
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 04:34

Where are you located? I am very interested but i'm concerned about shipping and costs involved.

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
Arthur Dent
National Hazard

Mood: entropic

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 05:56

All of this looks brand new! Argh if you weren't so far! :( :(

Robert

--- Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. - Frank Zappa ---
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 10:16

I am located in North Carolina. I have sold a few items to local people, that does help save shipping costs, but the shipping costs are very reasonable (in the US) for larger amounts, as the parcel post rate is only $20 for a 20 lb box of glassware on the east coast, which is a good amount of stuff.

A complete set of 14/20 glassware (5 or 6 round bottoms, dist head, claisen, vacuum inlet, condenser, and a few other items) would likely only cost about $10 to ship most places (maybe $15 to the west coast.)

I can ship to the UK, but the cost is not cheap. But up to 4 lbs can go first class, which would be about $15-$40 (for 1-4 lbs). For smaller or lighter items, that might be manageable.

The harder things to deal with are the larger 24/40 distillation stuff. I have some vacuum jacketed reflux columns which are 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 feet long. They were used to distill isomers apart. The longest one might be able to separate isotopes, its so large. :-) I don't have a clue how to sell them, as they are so specialized. I also have some fairly complex dist. heads and pieces to go with them. The best one was broken a while back, but I helped us it years ago when helping my friend, he was separating chlorofluorocarbon isomers. It was worth $1000 just for the vacuum jacketed head and reflux setup. He could distill apart 1 degree BP isomers to high purities.

Bob
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 11:26

Arthur Dent, You shouldn't have any problem getting them shipped to Canada. Can probably fit a lot of 14/20 stuff in a box

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
GreenD
National Hazard

Mood: Not really high anymore

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 11:30

how much for a 24/40 spiral condensor or regular condensor? I also need one of those vacuum valves.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 19:27

The spiral reflux condensers would be $20. The vacuum valves are $10 each.

I have shipped lots of glassware to Canada, just shipped one out today, about $18-20 for a 4 lb box. That is much less than Europe.

Bob
mr.crow
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 16:28

PM sent

bwpatton1
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 08:33

Would you happen to have anything in an 18/9 ball/socket type? These are kinda an odd ball size but I have a small collection that I want to finish a distillation setup with.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 03:52

I don't think I have anything in 18/9, but I will take a look. Not sure that I have ever seen it, but I have seen the spherical 35 size for rotovap receivers, vacuum traps, and flash columns. Sorry I don't think I can help.

Bob
redox
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chalcogenetic

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 05:52

U2U sent

My quite small but growing Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealChemLabs

Newest video: Synthesis of Chloroform

The difference between chemists and chemical engineers: Chemists use test tubes, chemical engineers use buckets.
bwpatton1
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 19:09

Thanks for the consideration, I figured you proabley wouldn't have any ball and joint glassware. It seems to be a fairly rare type of joint. I will proabley just finish that distillation set then go completely to another joint type/size. Can anyone reccomend the optimum ground glass joint size? I have some 14/20 but it seems quite small for distillation of any real size. 24/40 seems too big and is more expensive, then there is 19/22.....
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 20:37

I suppose the question is, what do you want to distill?

all of my glass-ware is 24/40 and I wouldn't have it any other way(until I can eventually afford a short-path set-up).

bwpatton1
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 20:59

I have absolutely no idea. Im just preparing for the worst? I will proabley try to go with 24/40 because its always easier to downsize, right? Besides my supplier guy might have some coming up here soon!
mr.crow
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 15:47

Just stick with 24/40 and get some flasks 50 mL to 2L in size. Lots of good deals on eBay and Internet stores. I have a distillation head with built in condenser that would work perfectly for small scale

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-8-2011 at 12:08

Folks,

Several people have send me emails to craigslistinnc, inquiring about 14/20 dist. kits, where when I replied, they bounced back as undeliverable. So if you haven't gotten an answer to your request, that might be why. Just send me a u2u or resend your email from another account maybe. One was a safe-mail.net address. Also, I will post here what I have been telling people about 14/20 setups, since I have had the request a lot.

I have enough 14/20 glassware to create a few nearly complete 14/20 sets (See chemglass for an example. - http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-9800-01%201... )

I am happy to customize it, but here would be a typical example:

10, 25, 50, 100, and 250 ml round bottom flasks (RBF), plus a 100 or 250 ml 3 necks RBF. One each of a distillation, claisen, thermometer and vacuum adapter (I am running out of curved ones, so some people may get a straight vacuum adapter plus a curved adapter- I would let you know what I have before the order). Then a 14/20 liebig type condenser, a 14/20 glass stopper, a 14/20 powder funnel, one or two rubber septa, and a 14/20 glass inlet for the top. This would be about $80 plus shipping, which will run from about $10 to about $15 (west coast).

For a sep. funnel, addition funnel or second condenser, it would add about $15 - $25, depending on exactly what you want. I also have a coupe of dean Stark traps, some 4 way cow fractionating adapters, lots of smaller scale stuff, and much more. See the previous photos for more. Extra sets of 5 RBFs would be about $20 each. I even have a few dewar type condensers, they would be $25 - $30 each. (see examples at
http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1209-A )

For a similar 24/40 type setup as above, I can provide one each of 25, 50, 100, and 250 RBF (I am out of 500 and 1000 ml RBFs currently, might have a few pear or recovery ones left), plus a 250 ml 3 neck flask (other sizes also available), and a distillation adapter, claisen adapter, vacuum adapter, and thermometer adapter. (I also have some combination heads with a vigreux column, or heads with condensers attached). Then I have a few condensers left, of a few types. I will run out of those shortly, but they are not hard to find elsewhere. Assuming I have all of the pieces to add a condenser, gas adapter and all of the other other misc,. pieces, that would be about $100, but most of these will be customized to match what you want and what I have left.

Lastly, I have seen a number of people asking about glass bottles and containers. I have a bunch of misc. containers, glass and plastic, wash bottles, media bottles (50 to 2000 ml), 1 and 2 L glass joint reagent bottles, Quarpak bottles in a few sizes (many unused), some Nalgene plastic bottles, and various other containers with many types of lids, some of which are more resistant than others to temperature and chemicals. So if you are looking for them, let me know what you want, and I will see if I have it. I want to get rid of them, so I will sell at a good price. Some are listed in the list, but not all.

Thanks to the people who have ordered from me, I am making a dent in the pile of boxes, and I am happy to see people able to use some of this glassware.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (47kB)
This file has been downloaded 1437 times

redox
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chalcogenetic

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 18:59

I met with Dr. Bob personally, and bought a dean-stark trap, a cow, a 50 mL pres. equalized addition funnel, adjustable gas inlet adapter, friedrichs condenser, 16 pyrex media bottles, and a sublimation apparatus, all for 100$! He throws in free items and gives huge discounts. I highly recommend him.

Thanks Bob!:D

All the pieces were 14/20.

[Edited on 21-8-2011 by redox]

My quite small but growing Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealChemLabs

Newest video: Synthesis of Chloroform

The difference between chemists and chemical engineers: Chemists use test tubes, chemical engineers use buckets.
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  30

Go To Top