Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 05:31

Any Dreschel( gas washing) bottles with the sintered heads?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 12:09

Quote: Originally posted by Funkerman23  
Any Dreschel( gas washing) bottles with the sintered heads?

I have a bunch of the tops and bottoms in several boxes, but have not yet played the dating game of trying to assemble them into matched pairs that fit together. There are several joint sizes, some have tubes too long to fit in others, etc. But I am happy to try to find one in the near future.

Bob
sbbspartan
Hazard to Self

Mood: DEAD (diethyl azodicarboxylate)

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 18:02

Hi Dr. Bob. I am trying to buy some parts so I can make a distillation apparatus at home. Your prices looked really good, but I don't know what parts you have left. I was looking at the "Adapter, Thermometer, Inlet, 24/40 Inner Joint, 80mm Height, #7", the "Adapter, Distillation, 75°, 24/40 Inner Joints, Bent 75°", the 500ml round bottom boiling flask 24/40, and either the 2000 or 3000 ml round bottom boiling flask 24/40. Do you have any of these items left? Also, do you have any liebig condensers. If so, what sizes do you have, and what size would you recommend for a hobby chemist? What size condenser would work best for distilling nitric acid, 200mm, 300mm, 400mm, or 500mm? Or would you recommend some other type of condenser? Also, do you have any 24/40 glass stoppers, I could use a few. And the last item, a thermometer that can go up to 200+ degrees C. They sell a -10 to 260 degree C, P/I, .1 degree accuracy thermometer for $9 on Cynmar which I would buy in a heartbeat, except for the fact that they have a minimum order of $25. How much would each of these items cost? Lastly, how would I pay you, is it through paypal or something similar? Thanks for any info.

[Edited on 10-3-2012 by sbbspartan]
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 11-3-2012 at 20:15

Do you happen to have any giant graduated addition funnels?

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
zgoat65
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 14:42
Excellent doing business!

Dr.Bob is not only legitimate, but provides excellent quality and service. We took the time to put together exactly what I wanted, and the payment process was incredibly smooth. I recieved my order exactly when I expected it, and everything was in perfect condition. Thanks Dr.Bob!

zgoat65
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard
Thread Pruned
13-3-2012 at 05:12
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard
Thread Pruned
13-3-2012 at 05:17
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard
Thread Pruned
13-3-2012 at 05:22
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-3-2012 at 13:12

Quote: Originally posted by mr.crow  
Do you happen to have any giant graduated addition funnels?

I have a few larger ones left. The biggest ones are all 29/42, I think, but at least one is 2000 ml. I don't remember the exact graduations, but most have some sort of rough guidelines on them. They are not meant to be highly accurate, just to give you a rough rate of a addition. How big are you wanting?

Bob
mr.crow
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-3-2012 at 07:03

A 1L 24/40 would be nice. Without equalizing tube is fine. Cylindrical is preferred. If not a 1L sep funnel would suffice

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 10:17

One more thing I keep finding more of in my boxes is NMR tubes. If anyone out there needs some, let me know, I have a bunch of them (all used), but I have some clean and some still dirty (I'll sell them much cheaper) in several brands and part numbers, ranging from economy tubes for 60 Mhz up to Wilmad 528 and better ones. I would be willing to sell the dirty ones for $10/100, clean economy ones for $20/100, and the better quality clean ones for $30-50 per hundred. I will throw in a few freev samples for anyone with an NMR in their garage/basement, anyone willing to do that deserves a few tubes for free. ( Postage not included). I also have a few UV cuvettes and other random analytical stuff. If you have a university address, I am also willing to give a better deal as well.

Bob
RonPaul2012
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 22-3-2012 at 13:49

I just got a bunch of glassware from Dr. Bob.

It's all US made HQ glassware , it is a bit older but it's a lot thicker than the crap they sell now and at half the price too :D

I really wish I would have joined this forum sooner because I could have saved myself literally hundreds of dollar :(

Learn from my mistake and buy everything Dr. Bob has for sale now :o

I highly recommend him.

He was very easy to deal with and was willing to negotiate prices and give outstanding deals.

Thanks Dr. Bob :D

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-3-2012 at 18:33

Here are a few more photos of stuff that is harder to describe. First some rotovap parts, this is part of them, I have a lot of smaller pieces as well. Then 2 photos of some of the vacuum traps, a few are brand new. There are tube inlets for 1/4 to 5/8 " tubing. lastly I have a few gas dispersion bottles, or traps. Inquire about the rotovaps parts, the traps I would ask from $10 to $40, depending on complexity and condition.

DSCN0324  scimad.JPG - 90kB DSCN0341  SciMad.JPG - 93kB DSCN0342  SciMad.JPG - 91kB DSCN0344   SciMad   gas bottles.JPG - 71kB

[Edited on 24-3-2012 by Dr.Bob]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-3-2012 at 18:42

Here are a sample of the chromatography columns. I have a variety of these with 24/40, 29/42, spherical, and other tops, with and without frits, and most have Teflon stopcocks. I also have reservoirs, air pressure regulators, and other accessories in all types, shapes and sizes. Let me know what you want, and I can try to find it, and send a photo of a more specific one.

I am asking ~$10 per 1/2" of diameter - eg up to 1/2" column is $10, 1" is $20, 2" is $40, etc. I have some up to 4-5" dia. and 3 feet long. I would ask less for simpler ones w/o top joint or a frit. For the larger ones, I can include the regulators and such in the price. Inquire about a size or make me an offer. I have simple fritted funnels up to really large sizes.

DSCN0454   SciMad Cl1.JPG - 108kB DSCN0455  SciMad Col2.JPG - 81kB DSCN0463  SciMad Col3.JPG - 61kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-3-2012 at 18:46

Lastly, here is some more unusual stuff. Some sort of 29/42 distillation head, something I am not sure of (maybe a sublimation apparatus?), a 24/40 bull fraction collector, and another fancier distillation receiver. On the first two, please make me an offer.

The 24/40 bull I am asking $60 for (I can throw in a few 50 ml rbfs with that, I don't have the springs). I have 14/20 ones that are just smaller, they would be $40, I can add some small flasks with that as well.

The receiver is similar to one listed below, I'll ask $100 for it OBO.
http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1274

DSCN0348  SciMad.JPG - 65kB DSCN0444  SciMad.JPG - 49kB DSCN0440  SciMad.JPG - 68kB

[Edited on 24-3-2012 by Dr.Bob]
mr.crow
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-3-2012 at 13:31

OMG I have always wanted one of those distillation receivers!

mophead
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-3-2012 at 10:34

I bought a few items from Bob.

Outstanding bargains, packing, selection and communication.

Thanks Bob.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 17:20

A member was nice enough to point out a link to the sublimation apparatus on the bottom left a few posts above. It is apparently from Ace Glass - 50ML Sublimation Appr "C" 8025-25. Thanks.

http://www.labplanet.com/ace-glass-laboratory-glassware-and-...
davic666
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 03:32

do you by any chance happen to have a simple distilling head and a vacuum adapter left? i'll also check and see if heisenberg needs anything!:P
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-4-2012 at 17:31

I have found a box full of wash bottles recently. I will sell them for $3 each or 2 for $5, most are pre-labelled with solvents and hazard info. I have them for methanol, isopropanol, dichloromethane, ethanol, ethyl acetate, and one or two others. I have a couple blank ones as well.

Photo: http://media.vwr.com/stibo/low_res/4698921.jpg

The description is at https://us.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?catalog_number=...
movenosound
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 13:12

I believe this is my first post to the forums, having been a lurker for some time. I just wanted to add to the growing list of satisfied customers of Dr. Bob. The service provided is quite personable, and timely, and with every order he has added extras that make an already fantastic deal an unbelievable one. Before you do business anywhere else, try contacting him, keep your money in the community.

A point that I think needs to be stressed; please do not waste his time requesting an order be put together and then fail to follow through. Don't waste his time and diminish his patience, which in turn effects the rest of us who follow though and work to create a good relationship with what I consider to be the best resource for lab equipment available to the amatuer at present. Resepect the Doc and don't F**k around. Por favor.
killswitch
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 13:27

He's still got stuff left after a whole year?
inspector071
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 13:32

Yep, I just received a good bit of various pieces of glassware; beakers, flasks, bottles, etc. Had a great experience with him, and plan on ordering a few more things soon.
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 14:30

Quote: Originally posted by killswitch  
He's still got stuff left after a whole year?
I sure hope so!I've ordered a fair bit from him and can't say enough good things about him.
cAMP
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 19:09

Ditto. Ordered a bunch of stuff from Dr. Bob and I got an absolutely fantastic deal. Everything was packed well and had no breakages. Highly recommended.

"You just spent the entire night arguing grand unification theories with Albert Einstein!" - Geordi LaForge
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-4-2012 at 09:31

I still have stuff left, but am starting to run out of a few things. Out of almost all beakers, starting to run out of erl. flasks in some sizes, and 24/40 flasks are mostly gone. But I still have lots of other stuff left, and if I ever find the time unpack more boxes, I'll find more stuff. I have had some glass break in shipping (just lost three flasks this week), but I try to replace it as best as I can. I will be traveling some the next two weeks, so don't be surprised if I take a little while to get back to messages for the next 2 weeks, but then I will be back for the rest of summer. I'll try to post some more photos and lists then, still trying to check out some hot/stirplates that I recently unpacked, but not done yet.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me clean out this stuff, I can actually move a little in the garage now. That has allowed me to look in boxes that have not been opened in over a year. Plus my wife hopes to one day be able to park in it again. Not likely for a while still. My friend is also very grateful for your help with his retirement. He loved doing chemistry, so he is also happy that this stuff is being use and not lost or thrown out.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 16:48

Here is a newer list of the glassware that is left after a few large orders were filled. Thanks to everyone.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (60kB)
This file has been downloaded 876 times

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 04:19

Here is another photo of some traps that I missed last time, Doh. They are each about $20-30. I hve yet more of them if I can get to the box. I hope to get some more photos of the more unuasual stuff soon, but I was away for a while.

One other note, the u2u system balks if I try to send too many messages in a short time, as a spam filter, and I have been getting a lot of messages lately, so I have had it delete some messages as spam so if you have sent me a message, and did not get a reply, please try again, and I am trying to sort this all out. Once I get your note, I will send you a note with my email, as it is much easier to use for orders, and I can attach files. I cannot send the inventory list via a u2u as best as I can tell.

Bob

DSCN0338  sci mad traps 1.JPG - 62kB
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  30

Go To Top