Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 12:32

Quote: Originally posted by walterWhite  
Im looking to buy a vacuum distillation set, here is a link to the one I'm thinking about buying.

https://www.pelletlab.com/vacuum_distillation

My question to Dr.Bob is, do you have enough glassware to sell me a kit like the posted one? and for what price would it be?

and to anyone else, is there a supplier, not ebay or amazon, that would sell what Im looking for for cheaper.

Thanks.

For a few dollars more why not simply buy a Organic chemistry kit From Laboy? I own a set and the glass is good. The flasks are excellent and the seals are actually well made. here is a link to the kit but if you want just a distilling setup simply buy each part that you need. Be warned from the date of invoice it will be 2 weeks until they ship. If you want it to come faster put it in the notes section when you fill out your order. Link to Org. Chem. Kit http://www.laboyglass.com/list.asp?id=5306

[Edited on 5-8-2012 by Funkerman23]
Ionic Chemist
Harmless

Mood: Polymerizing

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 18:00
Acquisition of apparatus

Dr.Bob is it possible for you to ship any of the glassware and other equipment to Jamaica or are you restricted to the United States? If possible I'd like to see what I could purchase. :D

Thank You.....
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 18:35

I can ship most anywhere, I mostly use international first class mail up to 4 pounds. Things over that are more expensive (per pound) typically, and can be more of a customs pain, but can be done.

For example, Canada is about $18 for 4 pounds, up to Aust. at $35. for 4 pounds.

PS. This weeks finds are plastic petri dishes, glass square bottles (~8 oz) with Teflon lined lids, pasteur pipettes (short and long), and rubber pipette bulbs (2 ml) for use with Pasteur pipettes. I will try to get them listed in the list shortly with prices, and re-post a more current list. I also found a few more Teflon stopcock Sep. funnels ( up to 2L) for people who have been asking me about them.

Bob
Ionic Chemist
Harmless

Mood: Polymerizing

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 05:51

Totally awesome, finally I've found someone that can ship to Jamaica. Please if it is possible, create a .doc, .docx or .xls link consisting of your current stock of equipment. It would be greatly appreciated. :D :cool:

Thank You ......
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 17:50

Here is the latest list of glassware available. I found a few more 1000 ml erlenmeyer flasks, a couple of 1000 ml beakers, and some more mint condition Sep. funnels. Also still have a few hotplates, stirplates, and stirring hotplates left.

Out of media and reagent bottles other than 1000 ml and larger now. Running out of full distillation kits, but still haev many pieces as well as more esoteric adapters and flasks. I still have lots of 14/20 flasks in almost all sizes under 250 ml- 1, 2, and 3 necks included.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (61kB)
This file has been downloaded 779 times

haroldramis
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 22:14

I just got some glass from Dr. Bob. Very legit seller. Very pleased with the purchase.

Some rambling now,.. I think itd be nice if there were some way to set up a feedback system like they do with ebay. Itd be nice to have a trade forum here.

There are probably quite a few people would benefit from it and it would open up alot of people to chems/glassware they normally wouldnt be able to get, and help others get rid of excess stuff they might not want to sell on ebay(and get buggered by the high fees)

Enough ramblings..

Thanks Bob

Cheers
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-8-2012 at 10:44

Here is the latest list of glassware available. I found a few more 125 and 250 ml erlenmeyer flasks, a couple of 1000 ml beakers, and some more mint condition larger Sep. funnels. Also still have a few hotplates, stirplates, and stirring hotplates left. Also found a few 2 and 3 L rbfs with various single and triple necks in 24/40, 29/42, and larger necks. I also have more disposable Pasteur pipettes in 5" and 9" sizes, $10 per pack of ~250, with a free rubber bulb while supplies last (I just found more, if you bought these before I will give you a few with any other purchase.) Also have some 4, 8, and 16 ml vials with caps left.

I still have lots of 14/20 flasks in almost all sizes and styles under 250 ml - 1, 2, and 3 necks included. Also some Kjeldahl flasks in 300, 500, and 800 ml size if anyone uses those.

http://www.amazon.com/Kimble-Kontes-KIMAX-Kjeldahl-Flasks/dp...

Also, I found 12 Apothecary Flasks, in 2 oz/50 ml size. I will take offers on them, but I also put some of them them on Ebay as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=33078...

Glassware list and prices: Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (61kB)
This file has been downloaded 694 times

[Edited on 25-8-2012 by Dr.Bob]
borrowedlawyer
Harmless

Mood: Halogenating...

[*] posted on 26-8-2012 at 00:03
I am looking to purchase

Hello,
I am looking at purchasing some glassware from you, how would I contact you?
Thank You,

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by ScienceSquirrel]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-8-2012 at 17:46

If anyone is interested in glassware, just left click on my name and select "Send u2u" and send me a note, and I will reply as soon as I can. Since I cannot send attachments in u2us, please include an email address if you would like photos, lists, or other files, and I will send you an email back with those.

Note, I also have found some boxes of plastic transfer pipettes, like the ones below, I can sell a bag of ~100 for $5, or a case of 500 for $20. They hold up to 7 ml, but are really best for moving about 1-3 ml per squeeze. These are non=graduated, but I might have a few that are graduated as well.

https://new.fishersci.com/ecomm/servlet/fsproductdetail?aid=...

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-8-2012 at 04:26

Just a note to let people know that I will be on a work trip/ vacation for a little while, so don't be surprised if i am slow to return messages and email. I have shipped all paid orders now, but please be aware that I won't have good access while traveling. But I will answer messages once I return.

Thanks to everyone for your help with cleaning out my garage/basement/attic/etc of glassware. I have made a sizable dent in the pile of boxes so that I can get to most of them now. I few more and I might be able to move around in my garage again. :-)
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-9-2012 at 19:50

I have been back a little while, but am finally catching up with things. If you are interested in anything, please send me a u2u with a real email in it if possible, as the u2u system is not very easy to keep up with dozens of people at once. I'll send back an email. That also lets me send photos and excel lists.

I just found a few more small (50 and 100 ml) beakers, still have lots of 2 L grad cyls, and lots of filter flasks, Buchners up to 250 mm, and lots of 14/20 glass frit funnels. I only have a few vol. flasks left. I also found a few more 24/40 long path (~12") dist. heads, complete with condensers.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me and my friend find a new home for some glassware.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (61kB)
This file has been downloaded 784 times

elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 15-10-2012 at 16:30

Hello! Order from Dr.Bob just came in today, and boy, was it HUGE! So many flasks... XD
Thanks Doc! Definitely worth it ordering from him, guys!

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
Daedalus
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-10-2012 at 23:17
More praise for Dr. Bob

I just received my shipment a few days ago, and I must say I am very pleased. Chemglass flasks for dirt cheap, among other tidbits, all in good condition and well swaddled in bubble wrap and foam. Shipping was was prompt, and above all, communication was excellent. I highly recommend purchasing from him. Thank you again sir.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-10-2012 at 14:00

Here is another more unusual item I have 8 of, Baffled Delong Erlenmeyer Shaker Flasks, in sizes from 125 ml to 2000 ml. Some are Pyrex, some are other brands, all borosilicate glass designed for being sterilized in an autoclave. I have attached a link to a description of their uses, as well as attach a photo below. I would love to sell all 8 flasks as a lot, along with the 4 metal caps that I have, for $100 or the best offer I get, plus postage, which would about 10 pounds or about $12-16 by parcel post. But I am open to selling individual ones as well.

http://www.krackeler.com/products/1157-Erlenmeyer/15140-Corn...

DSCN1170  flasks small.JPG - 60kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-10-2012 at 17:54

Here are some more biochemistry related items. These are designed for filtering solutions through membrane filters which come in several types and media. I don't have any of the filters currently, but they are easy to find. They have a glass frit which supports the filter. They are often used with very fine filters for purifying water for HPLC and biochemical processes. I have a variety of pieces, which can be mixed and matched to some degree, and the more pieces that some one wants, the better deal I would make. If you wanted a mix of small and large tops, I can do that. I have more tops than bottom adapters, so I will gladly give a small and large top for any version for only a small amount more.

I would ask $40, $50, $35, and $45 for these from left to right.

DSCN1185 small top flask.JPG - 61kB DSCN1194  large top with flask.JPG - 73kB DSCN1195 large top with tube.JPG - 86kB DSCN1200 small top with tube.JPG - 83kB

[Edited on 30-10-2012 by Dr.Bob]
CaliusOptimus
Hazard to Self

Mood: Subjectively Objective

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 00:30

Order received! Thanks Doc!
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 13:42

I checked the inventory list, intrigued by the fritted funnels. Are they the conical shape or are they the buchner shape? Any chance you have a buchner shaped one 5cm diameter and if so how tall is the filtering part from the frit? I'm looking for 10cm of height or more above the frit.
(like this)

[Edited on 8-11-2012 by smaerd]

[Edited on 8-11-2012 by smaerd]

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 14:00

Quote: Originally posted by smaerd  
I checked the inventory list, intrigued by the fritted funnels. Are they the conical shape or are they the buchner shape? Any chance you have a buchner shaped one 5cm diameter and if so how tall is the filtering part from the frit

I have scads of glass frit funnels, mostly like the photo shown, just haven't had to time to catalogue them well, as well as some are cleaner than others, so hard to describe and price. I have some brand new, some very good, and some dirty which I would sell for cheap. I also have some with the 14/20 or 24/40 joint at the bottom with vacuum inlet for filtering directly into a jointed flask.

Most of the frits are Chemglass as shown, or come in similar sizes as Chemglass. They make them in 15, 60, 150, and larger ml sizes. The 60 ml frit has a frit diameter of 40mm, and the rim is 50 mm above the frit, while the 150 ml has a 60 mm dia. frit and about 60 mm of height above the frit. I do have some larger dia. frits with taller sides, most of those may has been made as short silica gel plug columns. If you look at the Chemglass web page (see below) and see about what sizes and frit porosities you are interested in, I can look to see what I have in that rough size range. One day when I catch up with things (like that will ever happen) I want to make a list of what frits I have and take some photos to post. But I really do have a large variety and likely have something that is close to what you want, just have to see what condition.

http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1402

http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1402-L
(taller ones in a few sizes)

Smaerd, I'll look for one that is that tall and post if I have one or not, I likely have something like that, but it may be wider dia. frit than 50mm.

[Edited on 8-11-2012 by Dr.Bob]
smaerd
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 14:20

A little wider or a little skinnier is fine with me as long as its at least 4cm in diameter the height it pretty important if it's taller that is more than fine. Thanks for the quick reply.

zenosx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Awaiting Results....

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 12:16

Just received my shipment, which was very fast from time of order to arrival (about 4 days). Everything was packed very neatly in bubble-wrap with no broken or chipped items.
zenosx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Awaiting Results....

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 12:20

Eh, didn't mean to post yet.....,

<AND items listed as (some chips or Used) were much better than I expected, and he even threw in a few little extra's (extra Keck clamp, rubber adapter for one of the buchner funnels), etc.

Not that this will happen with every order for everyone, but it was a nice bonus.

If you haven't yet looked at what Dr. Bob has to offer, and need very high quality glassware (Kimax, Pyrex, Etc.) at prices you can't steal this stuff for, check out the .xml list on this thread.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-11-2012 at 13:37

I also have a number of polypropylene centrifuge tubes, in several types and sizes, 1-2 ml, 15 ml, 50 ml, and maybe some others, and few brands, including Eppendorf and cyro type tubes, even in multiple colors... While these are mostly used for biochemistry, they are great for some other uses, I used to often use them for precipitating organic compounds in, since the conical bottom was easy to decant liquids from and then dry the tubes in vacuum to produce a dry compound. The polypropylene is resist to most organic solvents and aqueous acids/bases for normal usage. (You obviously cannot heat these or store really aggressive chemicals (eg, Bromine, which reacts with the remaining double bonds in the polymer...) in them long term.)

I don't have a firm pricing, but I am happy to give free samples of these with other orders, and my goal is to get rid of them, so I am happy to provide a low price or entertain offers. I will eventually photograph them, list them in the spreadsheet and price them, but I just wanted to throw this out for people who might want some cheap containers before I do that.

Examples are similar to these:

http://www.globescientific.com/15ml-centrifuge-tube-polyprop...

http://www.globescientific.com/50ml-centrifuge-tube-polyprop...

http://www.membrane-solutions.com/micro_centrifuge_tubes.htm

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/348378679/2ml_cryo_tube/sh...
Justin Blaise
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-11-2012 at 23:26

Yet another glowing review for Dr. Bob. This was my second order from him. Everything shipped quickly and the equipment is in excellent condition, as always. Thanks again Dr. Bob!
paw_20
Harmless

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 17-11-2012 at 14:29

Received my order from Dr. Bob in a timely fashion, or would have if not for the hurricane shutting down the postal service for over a week. But everything was there, safely packed, plus some extras, and I am a very happy camper.
smaerd
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 14:05

Just got my order, really happy with it. Appreciative of the extras :). As always a true pleasure.

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  30

Go To Top