Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  18    20    22  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-2-2017 at 20:26

Someone asked me about Rotovap parts, here are some examples of steam ducts and stopcocks that I have.

DSCN9062.JPG - 1.5MB
Alzador
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-2-2017 at 02:10

Hi!

Would anyone have a hot plate stirrer for sale located in the EU? I can only find shitty ones on ebay for reasonable prices, thought I'd ask here?

Thanks!
ElizabethGreene
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 12:08

I got an email from GovDeals today, a Uni in Bloomington Indiana is selling a pallet load of RotoVaps and some other stuff as surplus:

Link: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemID=5...

I'd buy the lot, but 500Km is a loong drive each way.

My Journal has moved to http://clutteredlab.com
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 19:35

If anyone wants to buy the lot, I have the glassware and most other pieces to make them whole again. I would be happy to swap glassware for more hardware parts, as the R-111 is my favorite type, and the model I have the most parts for. Being near there would help, as shipping is a pain.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 17:00

I have a lot of volumetric pipettes still here, from 1 ml to 50 or 100 ml, literally boxes of them, all mixed up. If anyone is interested in buying an assortment, by the pound, I can make sure it contains some of each size or more of one if you prefer. They are long, thin and fragile, so shipping one is tough, likely would just cram a long box or mailing tube full of them, and presume that a few will break, rather than bubblewrap each individually. I am happy to make a deal, I need to clean out some space.

I also have some various sized Pyrex baking dishes (not sure which are real borosilicate and which aren't, that is a crap shoot) that were used years ago as secondary containment for chemicals and solvents, so not ideal for cooking in, but great for lab work or making a lab lasagna. My space is filling with more books, so I need to clear some glassware. I would sell most dishes for a buck or two, plus shipping, or throw the into any other order free if you pay the extra shipping costs, as they weigh a pound or two.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 19:03

LoL, I make lab ramen on occasion but I don't think I have ever had a lab lasagna. I definitely need some volumetric pipettes....

Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-4-2017 at 20:14

Sorry for dropping off the forum but, would you have any oldershaw or perforated plate fractionating columns available? It feels like I've hit the wall on ebay and glass shops on reasonable columns. I hope all is well in any case.

" the Modern Chemist is inundated with literature"-Unknown
EssOiEx
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-4-2017 at 09:27

Man, Dr.Bob, did you come through. Thanks for all the help!
alexleyenda
Hazard to Others

Mood: Busy studying chemistry at the University

[*] posted on 19-4-2017 at 05:26

By any chance, anyone have a hot plate stirrer for sale in canada (even better if near montreal) ? Or in the US and is able to ship for a reasonnable price somehow?

Help us build the Sciencemadness Wiki! Every question and tips about amateur chemistry two clicks away, wouldn't that be awesome?! sciencemadness.org/smwiki
DFliyerz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-4-2017 at 10:13

Dr. Bob, have you ever considered doing a Google Spreadsheet for your inventory so you can update it without having to upload a new Excel file?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-4-2017 at 15:33

I have, but then people keep posting to ask i I have updated it lately. Part of the problem is that it needs updating in general, but I have not had much time to do that lately, plus much of my remaining items are still in boxes or are one of a kind items that are hard to describe in a text format. I will try to update it soon, as well as take more photos of the odd things soon.

I may try to put a Google spreadsheet version up if I can get it up to date for a while.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 18:12

I have been sorting through some glass serological pipettes for a few orders and found a bunch of used ones recently. I have a number of them in 10, 5, 2, and 1 ml, and some down to 1/2, 1/4, and 1/10 of a ml. They are a mix of brands and styles, but most are similar in each size. Some are disposable type, many are meant for reuse and very good quality.

I also have a number of smaller, class A, single volume pipettes, mostly 1, 2, 5 ml, but many other volumes, including some odd numbers and fractions.

I am happy to gather about 5 of each size, (1, 2, 5, and 10ml) plus a few other ones and a handful of fixed volume ones for $15. They sell on Ebay for anywhere from a few dollars a bundle for the disposable ones to a few dollars each for the good ones. That price seems in line with the ones on Ebay or a little lower, but if you want a specific mix or amount, I can do that as well.

Also, if anyone wants some new glass serological pipettes, I have a few new glass ones in 1, 2, 5, and 10 ml, but not many, all are loose, not sterile or wrapped/sealed. So not for FDA/GMP/clinical usage.

If someone wants a bunch of 1ml ones, there are some cheap on Ebay: (I would buy to resell at this price, but have no extra space or time, maybe someone can do a group purchase.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Scientific-Serological-Glass-...
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 18:33

I definitely recommend Dr. Bob's class A volumetric pipettes. Also, he has a some great storage containers.

Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 15:27

I could use some clear glass bottles and vials between 25 and 100 mL with caps that aren't going to get leaky any time soon. I know I got a bunch of amber ones from Dr. Bob already, and they're great, if a bit difficult to see inside of. I was about to place an order, and then figured I'd ask here instead.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 07:52

I have some 60 clear glass french square bottles with PTFE lined caps as well ($2 each or 3 for $5), plus a few 60 and 120 ml wide mouth bottles with PTFE lined caps (they run $2 each).
Phosphor-ing
Hazard to Others

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 26-5-2017 at 10:38

I just received my second order from Dr.Bob. As a birthday present from me to me.:D Great packaging as always and lots of extras! Now where did I leave that million dollars laying around?

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" -Ronald Reagan
Plunkett
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 9-6-2017 at 09:03

I received my first order from Dr.Bob, all carefully packaged. 10/10 will buy from again.
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 18-6-2017 at 13:08

Anyone happen to have a decent vacuum pump for sale ?

Because mine just kicked the bucket. Well, not entirely certain its permanent yet, but its been searing hot out today, had the vacuum on doing a distillation and buggered it I didn't come back to check on it, turned the vacuum off to make a few adjustments to the setup, since there seemed to be an air leak somewhere, one moment the distillate would start boiling furiously, and the next minute, settle down to a bare few bubbles, and unable to restore the distillation.

Thankfully the compound being distilled has a C=O group, and a bisulfite adduct can be formed instead, although doubtless at the expense of quality/quantity of the end intended compound.

But when I went to start up the pump again, it died on me. Overheated I think, damn thing had gotten nearly too hot to touch.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-6-2017 at 13:52

I need an argon regulator... looks like I'll be placing another order soon....

tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 19-6-2017 at 21:17

Looks like my pump isn't totally dead. It started up again after a night cooling down, but its prone to overheating now it seems when running for extended times. Will handle filtrations and stripping low-boiling solvents, but distillation of high-boiling compounds is proving too much and it keeps overheating and cutting out.

For the moment, I'll have to try placing a one-way valve in between the vac line and the line to the receiver, vac-grease it and leave an ungreased area for some epoxy or superglue to secure the line splice so I can attempt to pump it down quickly and leave it at low pressure without the pump constantly running.

Still need a new one though. how much do the Ar regulators cost you? and what size? because I can find small ones locally for fairly cheap.

[Edited on 20-6-2017 by tsathoggua1]
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-6-2017 at 00:41

I'm not really sure what the best deal is on argon regulator.... Obviously I want one that is suitable for lab use, but I'm not sure that its size really matters.

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 04:11

I just want to let people know that I am out through the end of the week, so if you are trying to get me, please be patient and I will return emails and take orders as soon as I get back on Monday. I am getting a backlog of emails again, so I apologize, but it is too hard to do much work when I'm traveling.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-7-2017 at 06:47

I am back from a bit of travel now, and trying to finish catching up on inquiries, so thanks for people's patience.

I just found a few packages of 16 x 150 mm disposal glass culture tubes (aka cheap test tubes).

I have some sealed packages of 250 that I would ask $10 each for, plus shipping. Those would weigh about 9 pounds, so as little as $10 to the east coast or $30+ to the west coast.

Alternatively, I have some open packages, and can sell a bag of 24 tubes for $1 each. Those would cost $4 each postage by first class mail anywhere in the US. Or I can do a box of almost 250 loose tubes in a medium flat rate box anywhere in the US for $15 postage. These may incur some breakage since they would be bulk packed, but still the cheapest way to ship.

If you have other numbers in mind, let me know, and I can figure the postage. I have some other sized test tubes as well, just ask for more information and shipping prices.
rwnmyfr
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-7-2017 at 09:19

Don't happen to have any 24/40 short vigreaux columns or 2L 2 necked 24/40 RBF or FBFs laying around?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-7-2017 at 16:58

Unfortunately no short 24/40 vigreaux columns left. Don't have many 24/40 large round bottoms either.

I do have one 24/40 distillation kit, which is mostly complete, but only have a few rbfs, I think I have 100 and 250 ml rbfs, as well a 250 and 500 ml three neck rbfs. It has a distillation head, claisen adapter, straight and curved vacuum adapters, liebig condenser, gas inlet, therm adapter, and a few other parts. I can customize it as much as possible, if you want to modify, swap or add to it.

I do have some 100 and 250 ml flat bottom 24/40 flasks, if anyone is looking for them.
 Pages:  1  ..  18    20    22  ..  30

Go To Top