[*] posted on 16-4-2020 at 10:10

What I need:
24/40
one large single necked boiling flask.
One large 2 - 3 necked boiling flask.
By Large I mean 500ml - 2l

any taper as long as everything connects:
and SPD head
about 3 or 4 50ml to 100ml quality flasks suitable for molecular distillation conditions, and magnetic stirring

A fritted buchner funnel or maybe if matching filter paper is available a traditional one.

depending on prices, a 1L or larger sep funnel

And depending on prices, a Vigereux column, or I have always wanted to try our column chromatography , be it via gravity or vacuum or pressure, but have always been intimidated by the silica. A distillation column of some sort, come to think of it, for 24/40, would be a good idea
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-4-2020 at 16:33

I don't upload a new spreadsheet too often, as while some things change often, the bulk of the things don't change much. And it is not prefect to start, as I have more than is listed, and am trying to add more things constantly, but still going through boxes of stuff to add. It is only meant as a rough guide, even if it says 0, I may have one, but if it says 0, I doubt that I can provide 10 of something. But if it says 24 of something, I may have sold one or two, but not likely all 24. So if it is listed as having more than 1, I likely still have at least one of something. Most of the glassware is US made, I'll state if not.

In 24/40 the largest single rbf I have right now is 500 ml, I also have one or two 2 or 3 necks in 500 ml. I have recently found a dozen or more smaller 24/40 flasks, 50 and 100 ml, plus a few 250 ml rbfs in 1, 2, and 3 necks. I also have 50 and 100 ml in 14/20, so it depends on if you want to share the other parts.

I presume you want a short path dist head, I think I have one left in 24/40 and a couple left in 14/20 (with a 10/30 or 10/18 therm inlet). For simplicity, using all 24/40 might be easiest.

I have lots of glass frits (in the spreadsheet) and a few porcelin Buchners left, but mostly larger ones.

I have sep funnels in most sizes from 30 ml to 4 L, but 500 ml are about out, might only have those in glass stopcock type.

I have a few vigreux columns, in 14/20 (mostly 10 cm or 15), and a couple left in 24/40 I think.

I have lots of glass flash columns left, ideal simple starter one is maybe 1/2 - 1" dia, and 1-2 feet long with a frit and stopcock for about $20. I'll throw in a bottle of flash silica gel for free.

[Edited on 17-4-2020 by Dr.Bob]
earpain
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-4-2020 at 23:38

Dr. Bob put together a fairly long and specific list(it grew considerably beyond what I posted two replies ago. Buying glassware from a wholesaler, a recycler, a chinese ebay store may have its benefits. But Dr. Bob for most items STILL beats their prices, AND I could tell he enjoyed helping me finally have the equipment to make my dreams come true. Fedex = 2 days to New England. Items: Nothing broken.
My customer satisfaction level could only be described by one word: elated
(Sorry Dr. Bob it's been almost a week since I got the items but they are all just so distracting I forgot to post this review=D)

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 06:16

I just got another Variac fixed with help from another member, so if anyone wants one, it is $100 plus shipping. It is a Staco 10Amp model, in good condition. If you are near northern Cal, I might be able to get it to you more directly, and save on shipping.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-5-2020 at 12:19

More stuff free except for postage (media mail, about $5-10). I have a medium sized box full of mathematical books, mostly esoteric, not arithmatic or simple ones, but also a few history of math books. So if there is anyone on here who is either a math major, math geek, or just loves math more than anything, please send me a u2u in the next few days. If I get more than one person in the next week, I will choose based on who sounds like the love math more.

Also, I have a box of 4 or so inorganic chemistry books, mostly older, including an older edition of Cotton's book, which will take about $6-9 in postage, if anyone here wants to learn that area of chemistry. This would be great for somone who plans to take inorganic in college or just is a nerd.

I am workiong on sets of other books, I have a ton of books on statistics (mostly advanced, esoteric ones), risk management, and much more. If anyone really likes science books, send me a note and I can provide a rough list of what I have, some would be nearly free, postage only, others are listed on Amazon or Ebay, but I can sell direct for less. It is about 3000 books.

Bob
OldNubbins
Hazard to Others

Mood: Comfortably Numb

[*] posted on 19-5-2020 at 20:57

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
I just got another Variac fixed with help from another member, so if anyone wants one, it is $100 plus shipping. It is a Staco 10Amp model, in good condition. If you are near northern Cal, I might be able to get it to you more directly, and save on shipping.

I probably should have added to this sooner but ave been busy being unemployed :D

It has been great working with Bob on some of his equipment repairs and he has been extremely helpful with some pieces of kit in return. The variac in question is shown below. I replaced the outlet receptacle and fuse holder. The loose rust on the outer body was cleaned up and a coat of acrylic was applied to the inner and outer surfaces to keep additional rust at bay. The contacts and exposed winding surfaces were treated with an anti-oxidant grease and the ceramic center shaft got a light coat of silicone since the squeaking was driving me nuts. This thing is solid and will last a long time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pSRRzDo2BcgqMJZZ6

[Edited on 5-20-2020 by OldNubbins]
Ironhead
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-6-2020 at 03:25

Dr. Bob I’m looking for a hot plate w/magnet stirrer, Variaic if you have one, lab stands, clamps (to enough to hold my distillation set 19/22.) plus various other pieces.

Thanks,

Al
Housane
Hazard to Others

Mood: Let’s make

[*] posted on 11-6-2020 at 06:57

Dr Bob, I am looking for 19/26 vacuum adaptor, and other bits of 19/26 glassware.

Thanks

Housane

Green QD's so far

Feel free to correct grammar or incorect knknowledge. We are all learning.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 16:05

I do have one working Variac in stock for $100 (Staco, 10 amp, great variac), trying to repair some hotplates, but might have a working one, what budget are you looking for (cheap, medium, high end?). i do have a few clamps and hardware left, but it is running out, so some is pretty used, but cheaper.

I do have some 19/22 (with a few of the longer version joints) parts and pieces. That included inlet adapters (I would ask $5 for most) and simiialr pieces. Most are shown two pages back on page 23, link below. The left top kit and a few other pieces are about to get purchased, but I still have the entire right top kit as well as more adapters from 19/22 to and from many other joints. If there are specific ones that you want, just let me know which. I also have some other random 19/22 pieces and some small flasks that are not shown.

I think what you want is on the to pleft photo, right edge in the middle, a right angle inlet, I likely have another one somewhere loose.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=15667&...

[Edited on 13-6-2020 by Dr.Bob]
Ironhead
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 17:23

My budget is a few hundred dollars. I’d like to keep around $300-$500. I have a distillation kit that came in nice wood box. I assume it was from a school. I’m honestly not sure what pieces I want. But I do know somethings I need. I want a variac because it looks like and sounds like you need to use one with your heat source. Also a good used hot plate or heating element (I think that’s what it’s called)with the magnetic stirrer. (For the right price maybe both.) my goal it to get what I need to do something. I new to Chemistry so I don’t quite know what I need. I’ll list what I have and if you don’t mind Giving me some thoughts on what I would need. Extra flasks, sep funnel, etc....
I’ll try to get that list to you tonight. Thanks Dr. Bob
Housane
Hazard to Others

Mood: Let’s make

[*] posted on 13-6-2020 at 05:48

Thanks Dr Bob, yes you are correct, that is what i was looking for do you also have any small flasks, around 50 -100ml and what cost would this be to the UK?

Green QD's so far

Feel free to correct grammar or incorect knknowledge. We are all learning.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-6-2020 at 17:19

I do have a few small 19/22 flaks, but the postage to the UK is pretty insane now, and shipping international is also almost competely shut down now, due to the lack of flights. I'll gather a few and try to see what they weight, but even a small package to the Uk is about $26 postage last I checked.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-6-2020 at 18:36

I just finished testing some UV lamps. Most are UVP brand, most are dual wavelength, 254 and 365 nm, and I have them in the small and larger models, several models and types. To see examples of almost every one I have just search "uvp uv lamp" in Ebay, and you will find about 100 examples, and I have one or more of most. I would sell the smaller single wavelength units for $60, and the dual wavelenth units for $80, and the larger dual ones for $100.

I also have one pretty new Corning stir only plate for $80, plus two older PC-351 models, one dirty one for $80, and one nicer one for $90, one may be pending sale. Working one fixing and checking some more newer models, but running out of them now.

Thanks to everyone for the orders and business, I have been keeping pretty busy with orders from here and other places. And again, if you need something let me know and I can try to find it, but shipping outside of the US is nearly impossible right now, slow, and very costly, so I don't ship much out of the US. But shipping inside the US is going pretty well, just getting pricier now.
halogent
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-7-2020 at 13:07

Just my small endorsement of Dr.Bob...

shipped cross-country (USA) and the packing was exceptional, but not packing peanuts... only a few of those, and they formed the base layer and was left inside the box when I was all done, making for easy cleanup. What I got was a box of boxes, with the components all individually bubble wrapped. I mean, it’s a really small thing, but we call that attention to detail (and it really sucks to spend money on glass, only to realize they got stingy with the packing, and then negotiating with the seller for some portion of a refund, resulting in a multifaceted net-loss of time and money, and then, you get in trouble for messing up the living room with packing peanuts... But I digress... :))Very pleasant to interact with, and a very satisfactory price point... all in all, 10/10 would (and will) patronize again.
ThePKWonder
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-8-2020 at 15:46
Yet another glowing review!

Adding to the list of endorsements, I just received an order from Dr.Bob of 20 bottles, most with PTFE lined caps, and a Corning PC-420 analog stirring hotplate, and everything looks great! The hot plate feels even sturdier than I imagined, and the stirring and heating functions came right on. The assortment of bottles has a very useful variety, and due to the excellent packaging there are no broken bottles. His prices were more than reasonable, he was quick to respond to messages, and I even got a tracking number. I'm very happy with the whole process, I'm sure I'll be a returning costumer, and I recommend anyone looking for equipment to reach out to Dr.Bob!
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 7-8-2020 at 01:46

Hi, has anything changed with regards to shipping OS or are you still only shipping to America? Cheers
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2020 at 11:57

Yes, it has gotten worse, sadly, due to the small number of planes flying between countries. I have discovered that DHL is sometimes cheaper than the post office, for small packages, so if you are seriously interested, let me know and I can see what the package size and weight would be and check. For small, valuable or non-fragile items, it is not so bad, for large, bulky or heavy items, the prices can be really bad, and one item I shipped to Australia took 4 months to arrive and apparently looked like it had been dropped from the plane, although the main items survives.
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 7-8-2020 at 12:05

Thanks for the update, I might wait for better times. I am looking for a pressure equalising dropping funnel. Doesn't sound like a good idea just at the moment....
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-8-2020 at 05:45

If you are in Canada, it is not so bad, everywhere else should likely wait a while. China is the only place that is doing better in getting mail to other countries, as the government pays extra to get exports out quickly for cheap, but even they raised rates recently, from what I hear.
Murcury
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-9-2020 at 01:42

What a list!! The 2 items I’m looking for says qty 0 but I figured I’d ask anyway.
A 1L round bottom flask and a 75 degree adapter for distillation both with 24/40 connections. The adapter can be with a thermometer port if there is a way to seal it when not needed.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-9-2020 at 13:31

I am pretty much out of all 24/40 rbfs over 250 ml now. I don;t expect that to change unless I get some new stuff.

I do have 24/40 simple distillation heads, a very few with all 3 24/40 joints and a few with 10/30 therm adapters on top as well. Links to similar ones are shown below. They would be $20 each. I am completely out of those in 14/20.

https://chemglass.com/adapters-distillation-1-1-1

https://chemglass.com/adapters-distillation-75-1
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-9-2020 at 04:26

I did just find a 1L flat bottom flask, if that helps, first dibs to Murcury [sic], but then its up for grabs.

Bob
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-9-2020 at 07:55

I just finished cleaning up a few boxes of stuff that had some stirbars left in them. Since there are at least 50 types of them, I have decided to put together about a dozen assortments of stirbars, each will have at least 10 stirbars, varying from tiny fleas to 3" hex rods. They are more than half brand new, even a ew in orignal blister packs, plus some used ones that are mostly clean, but a very few have minor staining. I have triied to mix them up well, so all are similar proportions. Each assortment of 10 is $15, plus postage, which is roughly half of the price I am selling the individual items on Ebay for. If you buy with other items, the postage will nbot change, as they are very light, otherwise about $3-4 via first class mail.

Each bag will contain at least one of each of these

~1/4" colored flea
3/8" flea
1/2" x 1/8" flea
3/8" oval
one or two various 1/2" rods, fatter than the flea
1" simple rod
and then at least one longer rod or hexagonal one.
most also have a circular type on (cross, ring, circle, etc) of small, medium or large size.
and then a few more various one to make 10

If anyone wants a particular size, shape or style included, I can try to accommidate your requests. I do have a few random ovals left new in package, some new huge ovals (bigger than a 24/40 joint), plus a few new in package fleas, if people are interested. Lastly, if anyone wants bulk numbers of a particular flea or the small ovals (3/8" x 1/8") I have most new in large numbers, and those would be much cheaper than anywhere else.

arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 26-9-2020 at 09:56

U2U'ed

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

paulll
Hazard to Self

Mood: It's fine. Really.

[*] posted on 2-10-2020 at 19:32

Hi Dr. Bob,
Couple of things I am looking for:
Do you have any burettes? Preferably .05ml graduation.
Any of those Dean-Starks left in 24/40 or 24/29?
An equalising addition funnel, around 125ml, again 24/40 or 24/29?
A gas washing bottle, again preferably around 125ml.

Thanks in advance:)
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27  ..  30

Go To Top