Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How to calcine aluminum but not copper.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

Mood: ■■■■■■■■■■ INRI ■■■■■■■■■■ ** Igne Natura Renovatur Integra **

[*] posted on 12-1-2021 at 17:11
How to calcine aluminum but not copper.

Hi, I want to calcine Al but the fumes of the calcining solution need not to calcine Cu or other vulgar metal like Fe...

How?
Maurice VD 37
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-1-2021 at 12:47

What do you mean with "to calcine Al" ? Do you want to evaporate a solution of an aluminum salt ? Do you want to heat a piece of aluminum to its melting point ? What is the nature of your fumes ? Why do you want to heat copper or iron simultaneously ? Explain!
metalresearcher
National Hazard

Mood: Reactive

[*] posted on 14-1-2021 at 03:54

Calcining is heating a substance to remove volatile components, chemically bound and / or mixed.

See the world's largest online chemistry textbook: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcination

Aluminum is a metal and cannot be calcined which also applies to its alloys with Mg, Cu, etc, unless you heat it to very high (> 2500 C, its boiling point) temperatures and then it starts to vaporize.

[Edited on 2021-1-14 by metalresearcher]
njl
National Hazard

Mood: ambivalent

[*] posted on 14-1-2021 at 07:16

Could you by any chance mean chlorinate and not calcine?
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-1-2021 at 15:55

Quote: Originally posted by Maurice VD 37  
What do you mean with "to calcine Al" ? Do you want to evaporate a solution of an aluminum salt ? Do you want to heat a piece of aluminum to its melting point ? What is the nature of your fumes ? Why do you want to heat copper or iron simultaneously ? Explain!

oh no!!! sorrryyyy. Calcination in old school fashion. If you hang plates of Cu, for exemple, over vinegar you get verdigris, the vinegar exhalations calcine the Cu plates. This is the Montpelier o Marsella process. So I want some acid, base... for calcining Al but not Fe, Cu... the fumes pass over this others metals but I do not want to calcine it, only the Al.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-1-2021 at 15:58

Quote: Originally posted by njl  
Could you by any chance mean chlorinate and not calcine?

8-D noooooooooooooooo!!

calcine, calcine!!
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-1-2021 at 16:08

well maybe you understand "corrosion" or "foliation" too, or a mix of both but I don't want a total destruction, or dissolution of the Al piece.
njl
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-1-2021 at 16:22

I have never seen "calcine" refer to that process, nor can I find any info on anything under that name, other than what metalresearcher said. I also cannot find anything even tangentially related to this when searching for "Montpelier o Marsella process" and similar terms. If you're asking how you can give aluminum a petina like copper, you probably can't, let alone selectively effecting aluminum over other metals.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-1-2021 at 11:16

"calcination" is a obscure alchemical process :) read the books of Paracels if you want to undestand this process.

I don't know what search engine you use but a search engine is only a piece of code in some programing languague coded by some person working in "dumb" mode.

definition of "dumb":
(of a computer terminal) able only to transmit data to or receive data from a computer; having no independent processing capability.

So I no doubt you have "independent processing capability" so use your brain and not a fucking shit as pretty as it sounds.

read "Aervgo" here:

https://archive.org/details/BIUSante_pharma_011341x01/page/n...

if you want I write here the link with the entire process of Montpelier in another book.
njl
National Hazard

[*] posted on 16-1-2021 at 11:35

"Calcine" has a very specific meaning to me (and probably a majority of the people here). Whatever the hell you're going on about is not that.

Quote: Originally posted by pneumatician  
"calcination" is a obscure alchemical process :) read the books of Paracels if you want to undestand this process.

I know exactly as much about alchemy as I want to.

I don't know what search engine you use but a search engine is only a piece of code in some programing languague coded by some person working in "dumb" mode.

This is neither relevant nor coherent.

definition of "dumb":
(of a computer terminal) able only to transmit data to or receive data from a computer; having no independent processing capability.
This is not relevant.

So I no doubt you have "independent processing capability" so use your brain and not a fucking shit as pretty as it sounds.
This is neither relevant nor coherent. If you want to insult me please put a little more thought into it.

read "Aervgo" here:

https://archive.org/details/BIUSante_pharma_011341x01/page/n...

Even if I could read French it wouldn't be worth the effort of clicking through the pages.

if you want I write here the link with the entire process of Montpelier in another book.

I don't know what Montpelier is. Coincidentally, I also do not care. Really can't stress that last part enough. If it is some kind of alchemy, then:

1. See my first note in this reply
2. Get better sources

I understand that English is not your first language but this is genuinely unintelligible. If you have an actual, real, answerable question I would be happy to help. Otherwise your time would be better spent extracting gold from piss.
Maurice VD 37
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-1-2021 at 13:07

@ Pneumatician.
The verb "to calcine" comes from the latin : calcis, the chalk.
It has two meanings : 1. To transform calcareous stones into chalk by intense heating. 2. To heat to an extremely high temperature.
So please do not use this word with a Middle Age meaning !
And please be polite ! Nobody will give you any answer if you insult us.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-1-2021 at 14:46

Montpelier is a city in Languedoc, actual France in Europe. Ok you not have basic geographic culture, no problem, now you known what Montpelier is. Ok, I never try to insult anybody, really you are insulting me saying this, so ignore my post if you not have idea of what I are talking about.

at least you noticed my potato english so relax and be more... intelligent?

a lot of people write here what for me are nonsense, but that's not why I think I'm being insulted or anything like that, so, to have fun :)
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-1-2021 at 14:52

Quote: Originally posted by Maurice VD 37  
@ Pneumatician.
The verb "to calcine" comes from the latin : calcis, the chalk.
It has two meanings : 1. To transform calcareous stones into chalk by intense heating. 2. To heat to an extremely high temperature.
So please do not use this word with a Middle Age meaning !
And please be polite ! Nobody will give you any answer if you insult us.

Sorryy, if you want a self limitation in the conception of languague, reality... is your choice but not expect all others guys here do the same. You already known, no? chemistry come in concepts, ideas, matters, glassware... from alchemists so impose in you all the self limitation you want, maybe you live more "happy".
njl
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-1-2021 at 06:06

I am beginning to think you are being intentionally dense. If the very DEFINITION of a word doesn't fit your worldview then realize that YOU are in the minority. The entire point of science as a whole is to be limited; you can't just believe something is true and make it so. Yes, I know Montpelier is a place. I can't speak for you (something we have in common) but in my dimension *places* are not *processes*. I am genuinely in awe at how dedicated you are to not getting an answer to your question. Lose the alchemist ego or accept that you're on the wrong forum. The fact that you continue to seriously reference alchemy is somewhat entertaining so if you insist, more power to you.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-1-2021 at 07:33

Gold and other valuable metals may be harvested from sewage

https://newatlas.com/metals-from-biosolids/36695/

Relax guy, relax and get a life!

I never despise anyone. nor the most insignificant of organisms, you can always learn something from them.

Go To Top