Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: EU and Regulations
Maja
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 15:09
EU and Regulations

Hello ! Maybe someone is constantly sending chemicals/elements in europe from one country to another ? What are regulations of toxic/radioactive compounds ? I mean sending thru post office :) Of course nicely and safely secured with absorbent and couple layers of plastic which is resistant ... Is it a crime to send for example pyridine by mail ? I mean in a package ... If you are experienced in this field let me know what are the risks and how to do it safely. Thank you !
hiperion42
Hazard to Self

Mood: overwhelmed

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 00:56

I think a visit to your local post office will provide you with
much detail regarding the EU regulations.
But i'm sure there is substantial state sensitivity
versus anything radioactive let alone the movement
thereof.

.....ejuu....................................................................Ffg..............................g.............
Contrabasso
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 11:34

Every known chemical will have it's own ADR status and may be shippable in limited quantities correctly packed or they may be LQ zero meaning that they must always go by accredited courier. USUALLY radioactive chems are totally banned from the postal service and probably most toxic substances too, in many cases post goes by air so extra restrictions there too.
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

Mood: Cleaved

[*] posted on 9-3-2011 at 00:41

Check out the ADR regulations for 2011. I believe the ADR handbook can be downloaded for free (at least the Norwegian version).
Maja
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 14:30

Anyone tried to send HgCl2 in europe packaged ? What are the risks ? Please help someone :)
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 14:37

According to the 2011 ADR handbook it can be shipped in quantities up to 500 g per parcel provided it's packaged correctly.
Maja
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 14:43

Thank you ! Can you upload maybe these ADR handbook ? I can't find.

P.S. My local post knows shit about these things - I went to local post and asked about these regulations and how to deal with them, what kind of sending method to use and they don't know ... Said something like "You can't ship explosives, poisons, radioactives and so on... " Actually I was the first in my town to pay taxes for package from US and no one in my local post knew how to deal with this kind of situation. Girl was running there and here many times calling her boss and funnily even her boss didn't knew. It took me like 6 hours dealing with them to PAY for my package .... Believe me my country is fucked up. I'm feeling like 30years back when we where still in soviet union. Actually nothing much changed... :) Maybe anyone interested in HgCl2 ? Somehow a few kilos of analyticaly pure HgCl2 appeared on my hands and I'm willing to sell this cheaply. 50-100-200-500 or whateva amount is available. PM me if interested

[Edited on 10-3-2011 by Maja]
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 14:46

I wish I could, but I'm reading an online version in Norwegian. Here's the link anyways, if you can make any sense of it: http://www.dsbinfo.no/DSBno/2011/ADR2011/

Search for the chemical's UN number to see how much you can send.

Go To Top