Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Member Websites - A Compiled List !!
Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

Mood: swinging

[*] posted on 23-10-2005 at 03:13

Quote:
Originally posted by chemoleo
Mephisto, this is a truly fantastic site.

I really wonder how much work you must have put in, it looks like many thousands of man-hours.

Particularly I like that you did some of your own syntheses demonstrating the reality of the reaction, rather than just dry text book examples.

I'm very glad to hear this from you, chemoleo. As I really enjoy the work on the project, I didn't count the hours :-). However, I just know, that I won't stop improving LambdaSyn. The only sad thing is, that I almost don't have the necessary prerequisites to perform the photographic documented syntheses at home anymore. Therefore I hope more of this excellent experimenters around (like garage chemist for example) will take advantage of LambdaSyn to publish their own results on the site. For now this is only possible by sending in texts and photos by mail. But another member of LambdaSyn is currently working on a great idea to simplify the possibility for amateur scientists to publish on our site. I'm very excited for the results of this process.

~Mephisto

Visit the German synthesis collection LambdaSyn and our new LambdaForum!
PAC
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-3-2006 at 07:50

Don´t forget my Homepage: http://www.pac.6x.to

The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 13-5-2006 at 10:15

New table design is up(see Chemoleo's first post), Axt showed me the HTML I needed, and I just did a few hours(spread over almost a year...) of copy and paste adnauseum.:P Thanks again Axt!

[Edited on 13-5-2006 by rogue chemist]

jimwig
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-5-2006 at 10:53

so my web site isn't running

i just connected and its there

http://www.geocities.com/jimwig2000/

[Edited on 14-5-2006 by jimwig]
pantone159
National Hazard

Mood: desperate for shade

[*] posted on 16-9-2006 at 21:31

My website is:

http://gotexassoccer.com/elements/chemistry.htm

As far as content type, it would be Chemistry and Other. The link above is to the chemistry part.
pantone159
National Hazard

Mood: desperate for shade

[*] posted on 25-9-2006 at 21:32
My webhost (HostGator) was recently hacked, very maliciously

The webhost that I use (HostGator), and thus my website, was recently the victim of an extremely dangerous hack.

Specifically, from around Thu 21 Sep 2006 to 9 pm CT Fri 22 Sep (when I shut my site down), Internet Explorer visitors were not being fed the correct HTML data, but instead corrupted data that included a link to a malicious website that took advantage of a new [zero-day] IE exploit to crap all over people's machines.

At least one of my visitors, who I had enlisted to confirm that it was the website that had issues (as opposed to my local machine), was infected with viruses, pop-ups, and God knows what else.

I noticed that two visitors came to look at my element photos, early (2-3 am Central USA time) on Thu. In case those are some people from here, you should be watchful for problems on your machines. The hack may not have started that early, but I currently do not know.

My stuff is down until I am sure that my pages will be served as I entered them, which might be a while.

This is apparently a problem in the 'cPanel' configuration software on servers. A flaw allowed someone with access to a local account (either a real account or one hacked into) to root the server, and install malicious web server software. Although only HostGator is confirmed to have been attacked, other hosts are likely vulnerable to this.

Most of the virus/spyware/who-knows crap seems to be new and not yet detected by most scanners.

Note that there are 3 new exploits involved in this:
1 - New exploit in cPanel on servers allowing root access
2 - New exploit in IE allowing arbitrary code execution
3 - New spyware/viruses that are not yet caught by scanners

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.
Eliteforum
National Hazard

Mood: Enjoying the journey

[*] posted on 30-11-2006 at 12:10

http://www.criminally-inclined.com - Latest.

All that glitters isn't gold.
chemkid
Hazard to Others

Mood: polarized

[*] posted on 25-8-2007 at 18:58

I noticed my website was excluded as well:

chemistry29.googlepages.com

hinckleyforpresident
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 00:20
My site

Here is my site (currently almost empty):

www.dererumomnis.org

Here is its forum

www.dererumomnis.org/bbs
deiki
Harmless

Mood: chaotic

[*] posted on 30-12-2007 at 13:30

Hi there :D

Here's mine.

http://home.etu.unige.ch/~gunter2/table.html

It's going to be mainly a chemistry website, but for now, I'm writing the mathematical content, which is far from being finished ( then I'll go on with physics, and then chemistry ). During this hollyday, I had time to work on it, but unfortunately, I can't add anything on my website as my uni is closed until next week ( hurts to see my Fourier page being so terrible for now ) ... Expect a bunch of new stuff within two weeks.
Jor
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-3-2008 at 14:27

http://scheikunde.landgoedgemini.nl

[Edited on 13-3-2008 by Jor]

[Edited on 13-3-2008 by Jor]
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 18-3-2008 at 16:54

another update done .... but more to come from weeding through the memberlist.

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Eliteforum
National Hazard

Mood: Enjoying the journey

[*] posted on 8-5-2008 at 07:25

www.jesus-juice.com

All that glitters isn't gold.
Jor
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-11-2008 at 14:42

I have changed domain.

sites.google.com/site/chemlabchemistry
no1uno
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-4-2009 at 18:11

I am finishing up on a little website design project I sort of fell into... In doing so, I decided to try and write a better library front page for chemistry articles/ebooks/textbooks as I am sick to death of what is available online at the moment.

http://chemlibrary.webs.com/index.html

Yeah, the host sucks:(

That said - I really cannot host it here (such might contain "instructions" according to the local Gestapo and land me in a world of hurt).

I'm more than happy to contribute articles, to help with coding etc. but I cannot host it here without potentially becoming a "criminal":o

That front end should be compatible with any web host (minimal jscript - no php - all html/.css) It will take a labor of love, but in terms of front ends - that one should set the standard for others to follow.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 25-4-2009 at 15:08

A library of some of the files that I have gathered over the years. Its still fairly new and much work is being done on it but its progressing nicely so enjoy. So far I have over 3gigs of Files and counting. Lemme know what you think about it
~Sedit

http://www.thevespiary.org/sedit/

[Edited on 25-4-2009 by Sedit]

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 26-4-2009 at 05:52

Very useful.
Is it me or is it fully operational yet ( did you test it with firefox ) ?
I am experiencing some problems for example that some buttons arn't working properly

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-4-2009 at 08:05

Na I personaly havent run firefox on it just IE 7.0. So one said they where having problems with links directly below org chemistry on the menu but every thing worked fine for me so I dont know yet. Its gonna be a matter of cooperation between a few other people so it should get up and going correctly soon enough. Where where you having issues at if you dont mind. What page where you on and what link was broke? Its still a work in progress and was designed in a matter of hours so bear with me as I work out the kinks.

[Edited on 26-4-2009 by Sedit]

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 26-4-2009 at 11:14

Your site has a lot of ebooks, other stuff and three nice gold fishes, but the links to the sections simply do not work in Firefox v3.0.8 (Win XP). I checked with Inernet Explorer 6 and there they do work, but I suggest you fix that. It would not hurt to use normal HTML code for those links, instead of some script stuff. Since the advent of IE 7 (may god help those that have the Windows automatic update switched on!) many users switched over to Firefox because for some mysterious reason Microsoft made the new version of IE almost useless for a large part of internet places.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-4-2009 at 11:24

Thank you Nicodem Ill have to check into it. It is normal, basic HTML code, thats why Im quite suprised that there is problems with other browsers. The links are written into the code like this, http://www.thevespiary.org/sedit/Chemistry%20-%20Organic/Org... so that I could later add a search function with greater ease but nothing else strays from the norm at all so Im going to have to DL firefox and see what I can do about it.

Also I have many more files that are going to be uploaded on a daily basis so bear with me as I work on this. Eventially Im going to add a page for my personal experiments and such but first things first I want to get the ground work all smoothed out first.

[EDIT]

OK so... I killed the fish because there maybe some internal conflit with the active X controler Im not sure. But someone told me that the problem never came about until the fish came:mad:So off they go until I can resolve the problem, if that is indeed it. I downloaded firefox 3.0 and had no problem at all with it from my end but I also dont have active X installed to work with firefox either so this should remedy the problem.

If there is still issues don't be afraid to drop me a line here or the PM and let me know what you think.
~Sedit

[Edited on 26-4-2009 by Sedit]

User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 27-4-2009 at 03:52

Well sometimes the menu doesn't work, like you cant click on it.
Ah well its a programmers burden :P

Man i really enjoyed the fish.

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-4-2009 at 07:41

Arggg...

Even with the fish gone theres still problems?
I thought I had all the bugs worked out before I posted the link here but I guess not. If anyone has further problems please send it to my PM if you can. I dont want to high jack this threed with a list of the problems on mysite:P. Ill see what I can do but from what i can tell there are so many customised versions of firefox floating around I could not test them all myself.

barbs09
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-4-2009 at 01:07

Hi Sedit, Good diverse range of documents there! Just one question while we are on the topic of website issues :) Of the 4 PDF documents I tried to downloaded only one of them worked. The other three gave me the following error message:

“There was an error opening this document. The file was damaged and could not be repaired”.

Is this a problem at your end or my end?

Two of the documents that showed errors for me are:

The Laboratory Companion (A Practical Guide to Materials, Equipment & Techniques 1997) By Gary S Coyne &

How to make and use a Small Chemistry Lab (Yates)

To download them I right clicked and saved target

I look forward to browsing your site in the future.

Cheers AB
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-4-2009 at 10:51

I honestly don't know where the problem is but I feel since they are large files they maybe on the recievers end. If the download of the file is interupted in anyway they you will be choped and not read properly. Since no matter which browser I use on my end things work smoothly Im having trouble Identifying the source of any problems. I anticipated this problem when designing it hence the reason I stated some may need to right click and download the file manually.

I will send you a PM if you dont mind to try and gather some system information from you to help me locate the issue. My service runs at a steady 700kbs and many times 1.2Mbs so connection issues are not a problem over here.

barbs09
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-4-2009 at 14:44

Hi Sedit, I would imagine the problem is at my end considering I am on dialup!! I think we can consider the issue solved :( I don't know what a PM is, but if it checks for issues then I think it would have a fieldday on my connection. I will have another go when I head into the big smoke in a few days time. Thanks kindly, AB
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top