Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: oil from unknown algae, arachidonic acid
karlosĀ³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 22-6-2021 at 11:19
oil from unknown algae, arachidonic acid

So I could get my hands on some chinese algae oil, containing 40% arachidonic acid.
I don't know from which species it originates from, and I couldn't get a CoA either.
I am pretty sure that most of the other compounds are other PUFA's.

Now, I would like to make cannabinoids from it, but the supplier couldn't get(didn't understand) the demand of a CoA...

Can anybody shed some light on the composition of such commercially sold algae oils?
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-6-2021 at 01:53

No idea. What do U plan on doing with the arachidonic?
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 27-6-2021 at 03:41

16S ribosomal DNA sequencing is the first thing that comes to mind, it is normally used to determine bacterial species. But it can be used on chloroplastic DNA, as chloroplastic DNA has a bacterial origin. Do you know someone working in a plant biology lab at a university somewhere? They probably have the primers and the total cost excluding labor would be around 10 euro or so.

Assuming the oil is not highly purified there should be more than enough DNA to do a PCR on.
Antigua
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-6-2021 at 03:49

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
16S ribosomal DNA sequencing is the first thing that comes to mind, it is normally used to determine bacterial species. But it can be used on chloroplastic DNA, as chloroplastic DNA has a bacterial origin. Do you know someone working in a plant biology lab at a university somewhere? They probably have the primers and the total cost excluding labor would be around 10 euro or so.

Assuming the oil is not highly purified there should be more than enough DNA to do a PCR on.

Poor child, thinking carl's plans are that fancy.
karlosĀ³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 27-6-2021 at 03:51

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  

Thats a good idea, I might know somebody.
I thought I might find this out by theoretical research, as there probably aren't much species in use, this is better though.

Quote: Originally posted by draculic acid69  
No idea. What do U plan on doing with the arachidonic?

Oh I thought to chlorinate it with oxalyl chloride and then form an amide with an aminoalcohol, I have l-alaninol, isopropanolamine and isobutanolamine in mind for that purpose.

Go To Top