Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thread Start Date
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 31-7-2021 at 22:44
Thread Start Date

Just a little something I have noticed is missing from our forum. I have seen it on other BBs but we do not show it on ours.

When the list of threads comes up there is no column for the date the thread was started. This is something that I would quite like to see. It lets me know if I am opening an old existing thread perhaps goingback a decade or more, or whether I am opening a new, fresh discussion.

I have no idea if this is an easy thing to add. (I suspect it might be.) If there is general support for this addition, I think it would be worth dropping a note to polverone to have it included.

Feedback and thoughts??
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 1-8-2021 at 03:04

Agreed, so many times people post on old threads, which is fine, but then people reply to the new message but not realising the original post/s are old making some of the content redundant or out of context.
Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 1-8-2021 at 20:31

I agree, although I do find a lot of joy in people performing the accidental necro - replying to people a decade later on a minor thing. Equal parts helpful and hopeless
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 4-8-2021 at 14:29

Bumping this for further feedback.
It has been slow on the board for the past couple of days so this may have droppped off the bottom without being seen.
(Or maybe only Australian residents have an opinion. :))
karlosĀ³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 4-8-2021 at 14:44

I doesn't matter much though, you can find everything anyways.
The date doesn't matter for me personally, it gives some context, but after all, the rules for chemistry don't change over time so its still all well.

But maybe you should(if it isn't already and I haven't seen it, which is likely), put the search hints regarding how to use google on here(you know the site:sciencemadness trick) in a sticky, since our search engine here honestly sucks?

After all, the forum engine is old, but thats, to me at least, part of its charm :D
I wouldn't dare to say ancient though :o

Go To Top