Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Electronic lab notebook
Oxy
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-10-2021 at 11:12
Electronic lab notebook

Currently I have no access to my lab and it seems that I will not not be able to do anything soon. But as I like chemistry and I would like to spend some time in productive way I thought I could write electronic lab notebook that could be an alternative to excel spreadshits, terrible MS Access databases and similar stuff.

I used to keep everything in traditional, paper notebook. But despite it's very handy and easy to note down everything immediately I find it hard to seek for a particular reaction and it outcomes etc. Also, this kind of software can be handy to know how much reagents do we use, what we should order. It could store all invoices and msds in convenient electronic form.

Currently I thought about those modules - the log of experiments, reagents usage and electronic documents storage. If anyone here is interested - do you think this software should contain anything more? Of course I want it to not be a monster that besides keeping the track of what was done will do advanced quantum chemistry computation etc.

I'm going to write it in C# using .NET 5.0 with Avalonia so it will be crossplatform. I don't want it to be web based application due to possible issues with keeping all those details public. If anyone is interested in the development and would like to help with that, discuss something then feel free to send U2U or just ping me here.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

Mood: ■■■■■■■■■■ INRI ■■■■■■■■■■ ** Igne Natura Renovatur Integra **

[*] posted on 25-11-2021 at 18:53

If you make a intranet no public data available. I use web pages like a book, a little link to the next page. The problem with a software is the fixation of data length, obsolescence of the operating system... In a table you can make cells and etc to insert the necessary data, pics...

Go To Top