Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Calcium peroxide synthesis route and solvent
chaosday
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-12-2021 at 00:25
Calcium peroxide synthesis route and solvent

Recently I made a lot of calcium peroxide from 5l of 12% hydrogen peroxide and calcium oxide. I found the best way to convert that much hydrogen peroxide to calcium peroxide is to just pour some hydrogen peroxide in a pot and then dump in a ton of calcium oxide to produce calcium peroxide and prevent that from hydrolyzing. It worked well, and after drying the product contained a decent amount of calcium peroxide. I also tried another method, which works well on a small scale. It works the following: Carefully react calcium oxide or calcium hydroxide with hydrogen peroxide and then filter the peroxide out. This results in a higher purity calcium peroxide, but the process is slow. Now to my question: does anyone know a solvent for Calcium peroxide? There doesn't seem to be much information about that on the internet. I need to purify my calcium peroxide because I want to make highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide (around 60% concentration) by reacting it with sulfuric acid. The reaction of calcium hydroxide with sulfuric acid produces a lot of water and heat, which would dilute and decompose the hydrogen peroxide. Because of that I need a solvent that can dissolve either calcium hydroxide or calcium peroxide. Does anyone know about a good one?
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 9-12-2021 at 00:58

This doesn't help your current situation, but may be of use in future. I was trying to achieve the same as you some time ago and came across this. I did not try it though.
calcium peroxide patent

Go To Top